Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I like the 50s fitted with motion detector targetting idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I’ve thought about this some. On tv it should people cutting through the wall to get in. A remedy I think would be to put a fence about 10 feet behind the big wall and fill it with dogs. Have it cross fenced to often to prevent dogs from bunching up. In an extreme case I would put alligators in the river. Naturally put up danger signs as to further warn people who trespass. Your thoughts!

Consult some former Soviets and former East Germans. They were pretty good at securing borders.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
"From the West Berlin side, Berlin Wall graffiti art in 1986. The Wall's "death strip", on the east side of the Wall, here follows the curve of the Luisenstadt Canal (filled in 1932)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alligators in the river, mine the other crossings.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by GreggH
Easily. Charge any person in charge or contributs money to NGOs that funds illegal immigration with felony human trafficking. Mandatory 25 years.
They aren’t coming here on their own with smart phones and rides to our border on their own.

GreggH

Yep.

18 months imprisoned on a work farm for every illegal caught.
Additionally, after serving their sentence, they earn $50/day until they
work off the transportation costs to fly them back to Southern Mexico.
To be dropped off on the tarmac and left standing.

$5000 fine for every illegal caught employed. Fines double with every incident.
Same jail time for the employer as for the illegal on the third offense.

6 months rent worth of fines for every illegal renter in a land lords unit.

No pleas, no reduced charges.

Generous and simple work programs allowing visas, employer has liability for
the people he keeps employed.
That has pitfalls, but if someone wants to bring in cheap labor he should face
some of the risks he imposes on his neighbors.

I don't consider any of that as being very harsh, pretty lenient actually.

They would have no reason to come here, no work no housing, no freebies.
The ones coming in from over seas would be facing a long time busting their
butt, only to end up standing on blacktop in Southern Mexico. Penniless.
Mexico would be facing huge crowds of broke folks in their country,
causing them untold problems.

The people making money off them would be facing losses to hire them.

Those who bring them in to work would be forced to make sure they employed
good people.

We wouldn't have to worry so much about that border.
The folks bring them wouldn't, they wouldn't want to come.
Mexico would suddenly not want to let their country be the pipeline to ours.

no...according to cash we would all die without illegals......bob

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Put Stephen Mollet in charge again.

He knows what needs to happen and how to do it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I’ve thought about this some. On tv it should people cutting through the wall to get in. A remedy I think would be to put a fence about 10 feet behind the big wall and fill it with dogs. Have it cross fenced to often to prevent dogs from bunching up. In an extreme case I would put alligators in the river. Naturally put up danger signs as to further warn people who trespass. Your thoughts!
Easy. Make it a felony to hire one. Make it a felony to participate as a government employee in providing them with public education, unpaid medical care (apart from emergency), a driver's license, or any public benefits. They will soon be heading back to where they came from, and you won't even need a wall, although I'd add that just for good measure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not "what" they cross, it's the benefits they get by being allowed to do so...

1) Close the Border. And mean it. Enforce and immediately deport.

2) Deport those illegals here. Take everything they have. Seize money, bank accounts and holdings to pay back part of the welfare, healthcare, food, obama phones, and free housing, as well as whatever administrative costs to taxpayers was for them being here.

If you do the above they will largely stop crossing over. Beyond that, when they see they will be deported with nothing but the clothes on their wet backs, they will deport themselves with whatever they can gather.

Any other solution.... isn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's not "what" they cross, it's the benefits they get by being allowed to do so...

2) Deport those illegals here. Take everything they have. Seize money, bank accounts and holdings to pay back part of the welfare, healthcare, food, obama phones, and free housing, as well as whatever administrative costs to taxpayers was for them being here.

If you do the above they will largely stop crossing over. Beyond that, when they see they will be deported with nothing but the clothes on their wet backs, they will deport themselves with whatever they can gather.

You are wasting your time, Barry.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Wasting your time at the border without making it an indictable offense to either harbour or employ illegals, enforcing with harsh monetary penalties...and extremely harsh monetary penalties alongside incarceration for corporate or government entities/employees.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Until congress changes the laws, puts an end to catch and release, not much will change. Folks crossing illegally need to be immediately returned to the country from which they crossed. They can file asylum claims from there.

We also need to go after employers.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Build a wall around the politicians homes and lock the illegals in there.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's much like WAR...

Nothing will change until the risk of continuing the behavior begins to outweigh the reward.....

Currently there is little to NO risk, and tremendous reward....

And that's true of 'both ends' of the problem, senders and users!

Loss of life can be very motivational................ ask the Japanese.

Today few, if any, have the guts....

JtHRaRoaMM

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They come for money, medical, all the free handouts, plus jobs. Cut all of it off. If they can't get anything and if they can't work, it'll slow them down in a hurry.

Likely the most effective way to get the ones already here to return as well. What nobody ever talks about is ID Theft. How do you think they are getting their utilities activated? How do I know . I might can tell you about 3 different places in Houston that I had electricity at though never lived there.

If it ever happens to you, protesting and all that with the bureaus doesn’t do anything. Go to your local PD and file fraud charges. Send the police report to the creditors then it will be removed.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we aren't' going to deport that ones that are here

we either put them in prison or make it so bad for them they want to return (or go to Canada)

I'm not sure how you make it so bad they'll want to return to a corrupt, gang controlled [bleep], but that has to happen

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

LOL... I know.

My offering here doesn't include machine guns, sharks or alligators... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Easy. Make it a felony to hire one. Make it a felony to participate as a government employee in providing them with public education, unpaid medical care (apart from emergency), a driver's license, or any public benefits. They will soon be heading back to where they came from, and you won't even need a wall, although I'd add that just for good measure.

1. Immediate expulsion for any public representative who does not enforce current immigration laws, no exceptions
2. I don't think it needs to be a felony but anyone caught hiring an illegal is fined 10% of their revenue for each occurrence.

any issues with rule 2? See rule #1

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just funnel them to the west coast. Those states are a lost cause anyway.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If, 70 years ago, an serious effort had been made to get the Catholic church to embrace the concept of planned parenthood and birth control, maybe the issue wouldn't be so bad. If, instead of working so hard to stimulate China's economy and outsource all of our manufacturing to Asia, we had chosen to invest in the western Hemisphere, perhaps we wouldn't have to be discussing the machinegunning of women and children. If we had tried harder to support and reward a good work ethic among our indigent population, maybe people would not have chosen to, instead, employ illegal workers and create the demand.
But, we are where we are, and there is no simple solution which allows us to retain our humanity or our American ideals.
Who would have thought that we, Americans, would be embracing the concept of a Berlin Wall on American soil?
Many walk a fine line in a warped landscape where aborting an unwanted fetus is murder but killing a mother and child? not so much.
In Canada, because we also bought into the concept that you can't build an economy without a constantly increasing population and imported labor (labour in Canada!) we are in the same boat but from different sources. In Canada, liberals even decided to give preference to Asian and Indian Immigrants, over those from England, Ireland, Scotland, or the United States. Make some sense out of that.
The bottom line is, there is no simple solution. We spent over 100 years screwing it up; that's hard to undo. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Make the first 200 yards of America a Free Fire Zone. That schitt would stop in a week. And yes, I'm serious. Complex problems have simple solutions if only society and its bleeding hearts will realize it.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^along with the appropriate warning signs, of course, in multiple languages warning of the consequences of entering. (sarc off)

If it was decided to top it, it could be stopped; instead, they are INVITED to come by FJB & Crew. I-N-V-I-TI-D-E-D !!!!!!!

MM

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

While we're at it, let's restrict welfare back to those who TRULY need it.
Without the freebies, our own citizens would have to work for a living.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, BB3, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 670 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,516
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.