Outstanding field rifle in every way.

GR

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SchitSmel,

FAR better than you are with the truth...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The 9th set I've Puked. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Guess over-torquin' the screws will do that.

Try greasin' the threads and back interface of the screw head.

If you line the rings with ~ 120 deg. (60 deg. top and bottom) of vinyl electrical tape, then it takes very little torque to hold the scope solid.

Or, keep breakin'em.

GR

The expansion forces from the rusting screws should not be underestimated. SS is worth a look.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon yesterday morning,as you CLUELESS Cry aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Show us how good you are with an anvil, you overtorqueing Clueless hint of a nothing...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At least he didn't blame the scope.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Show us how good you are with an anvil, you overtorqueing Clueless hint of a nothing...

The rifle makes the half rotten snagged fish look even smaller.

More pretending to "long range" fish, and posting irrelevant garbage in random threads

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SchitSmell and KenBitchAgain joining "forces",is fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Pretending aloud ladies. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
I got my first Bansner in 2004. Put it on an M70 30-06 Fwt. The stock handled the recoil beautifully. Later, around 2008, because Mcmillan was the "easy button," I went the Hunters Edge route, putting a pre-64 30-06 Fwt in a one. Definitely more noticeable recoil. But I'm a slow learner, and ended up with another 6 Hunter's Edge's (another 30-06 Fwt, a 270 Fwt, a 308 Fwt, 308 EW, a 300 WSM, and 300 WSM EW). Again, the easy button. I got rid of my last and have gone back to Bansner's. I have a current one that is going on an M70 EW 6.5CM. I find the Hunters Edge comb and hard Edge fill magnifies recoil compared to the Banser comb, fiberglass shell, and traditional foam fill. Some years ago I shared my thoughts with Dober. He replied, "I thought I was the only one that hated that stock!" But we do tend to like the same things...

Someone earlier made the comment that stock fit & design is personal, & that's true.

While the Edge is far from my favorite stock, it works fine for it's intended purposes, ie, lighter, more compact builds. The early originals with a .6" Decelerator weigh 21-22 oz. Newer ones seem to be heavier sort of defeating the original purpose of the stock, IMO.

My biggest "dislikes" (relative word) are that the grip could be a little more open, & it would benefit from a little less drop at the heel. I don't find the comb itself objectionable.

But I won't be buying anymore either..........it's fine, it's just not a favorite.

As for Bansner, he would have done well to keep the exterior design of the Hi-Tech Specialties stock when he bought that business, & just improved the construction..........I'm not thrilled with his design, but haven't seen or handled a Miller, so maybe it's an improvement.

And I have trouble coming to grips with a $750 for a drop in stock being a "bargain", when a new Kimber Hunter can be had as a complete rifle for under a grand.

The original Hi-Tech design was close to a Rem KS stock in ergos which is by far my favorite design.............I wish it would have been available for actions other than a long 700; the Model 7 KS was a turd & just not the same.

I have not handled the new versions of the Win EW, so maybe it's been improved, but at $1500, Christensen, Bergara Premier's & Kimber's Ascent start looking really good to me by comparison.........& I've always really liked M-70's. The Featherweight is still a long time favorite.

YMMV

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SchitSmell and KenBitchAgain joining "forces",is fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Pretending aloud ladies. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Heee hawwww. Found a gun you could actually handle…

Laughing, crying, hinting you clueless clown…

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ScihtSmell,

Kudos on your Pretending aloud...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com][Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Keep hopping fences. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Toothpick factory called. They need timber. Better get that 7" Homelite revving up on some high octane go juice

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Crying Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some nice saw work.

Those aren't baby trees.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This isn't for an EW, but I just received a Wildcat Composite (18.6 oz) stock for a M70 in. This is my first one, but I like the FWT pattern stocks so I imagine I'll love it. I'll post pictures once I get it finished out.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
There is no doubt that McMillan’s compact was a swing and a miss.

Put that to a vote, I'd think you'd be wrong. There are many guys that actually really like them. Brad always promotes the Bansner. I don't care for those at all. Like we all know, everyone is built different and we have our own tastes. But to call it a swing and a miss, is absolutely fu cking stupid.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
[quote=taylorce1]This isn't for an EW, but I just received a Wildcat Composite (18.6 oz) stock for a M70 in. This is my first one, but I like the FWT pattern stocks so I imagine I'll love it. I'll post pictures once I get it finished out.

what is the wait time and cost of those stocks ?

Hal

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
There is no doubt that McMillan’s compact was a swing and a miss.

But to call it a swing and a miss, is absolutely fu cking stupid.

So you like how low the comb is and how much drop there is to the heel?

I think "Swing And A Miss" describes that stock to perfection... absolutely NOT modern stock thinking.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously, I have no idea of the real sales $$$ or units have been, but I doubt that the Edge Compact has been sold in overwhelming numbers.

I also think that McM made a mistake by not continuing the KS stock & by no bringing out an SA version of it, & by not inletting the Sako Classic for M-70's as well as continuing an up-dated version of the Winlite.

I would prefer any of those over the Edge Compact/

JMHO

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I doubt they do it currently, but they were quite willing to inlet the Sako Classic for the M70. Their only caveat was that by the time the tang area was contoured properly, the checkering pattern didn't match up well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You were able to get the Sako Classic w/o checkering at one time, I believe.

Lots has changed at McM & not much for the better.........................

MM

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.