Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Less hangy. A good thing I'm thinking.... For either magnum or standard LA cartridges.

link standard

link magnum

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
HR IC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got a 3 round short action mdt mag. I really like the way it sits flush. So fare I've e just tried it in my 700 youth 243 I have in an lss chassis but it fits great there. I need to go see how it fits in some of my guns with m5 style bottom metal.

I'm curious how it'd be in the bottom metal on my old custom 6.5 Creedmoor that I've always used AW mags in. I've been using AWs in that since day one about 15 years ago and liked them so well I've never tried a different mag in that gun. Most of my other actions aren't aw compatible unfortunately but they'll do regular Ai style mags.

I about bought another seekins element in a Creedmoor the other day and that had me thinking about that mdt 3 rounder. If it sits flush in the element it will be good because of how I often like to carry a lighter rifle like that. These LA mags will make some rifles nicer to carry too. I don't always love detachable mags on my hunting rifles but I don't really mind them on my Sauer 100s because those fit flush. These will be a good option for many.

Another thing new out that I like is greyboe's BDL style Floorplate that fits an M5 cutout. A few years ago I was ordering a Greyboe and they said they were going to start inletting all their stocks for m5 style mags. I said well then your going to have to start making a bdl Floorplate that fits an m5 cutout for me. The guy on the other end went silent. I was like hello, hello, are you still there. He came back and said yes, sorry, I was just thinking and I had a really good idea. I said of its what I just suggested then I agree, you just had a great idea.

I was really excited when I noticed earlier this year they have the bdl style m5 metal out now. I've got one ordered with a Phoenix stock. Options are a good thing and mdt seems pretty innovative. I've also heard they are moving their business to Idaho Falls so maybe they'll have some deals for us locals.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 12/13/23.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Seems like it might be a good option for carry or scabbard. Assuming no ability to tweek plastic lips, I wonder about feeding between standard an ai cartridges. I see accurate also has 3 round 06 metal mags now.

Thanks for the heads up
Might be a reason for my 700 factory dbm to get redone and start spending time out of the safe

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ordered a couple yesterday,when I got the Email. They will feed Vanilla 280's. Hint................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wondering if 375H&H works with AICS mags?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got a 3 round short action mdt mag. I really like the way it sits flush. So fare I've e just tried it in my 700 youth 243 I have in an lss chassis but it fits great there. I need to go see how it fits in some of my guns with m5 style bottom metal.

I about bought another seekins element in a Creedmoor the other day and that had me thinking about that mdt 3 rounder. .....

I use the MDT 3 round short action mags in several rifles that I don't need any extra OAL on. One of those is a Seekins Element in 6.5 CM. It works well there. I'm a big fan of the flush fit for hunting. I wish MDT would make the same for .223's with enough OAL to play with.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Double checked with MDT. The polymer mags are CIP.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.