-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I patiently await my first Meopta,that tracks,holds zero and repeats. Hint……..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some light weight, inch tubed, low power variable scopes with simple duplex reticless and an ocular bell that allows low mounting for those of us who know how to hunt and prefer a compact scope mounted on our rifle rather than hanging our rifle off the bottom of a giant ass, heavy scope would be nice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Some light weight, inch tubed, low power variable scopes with simple duplex reticless and an ocular bell that allows low mounting for those of us who know how to hunt and prefer a compact scope mounted on our rifle rather than hanging our rifle off the bottom of a giant ass, heavy scope would be nice.

Amen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks,aren’t going to “do” or shoot schit. Hint……….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Cool story bro

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Amen x2

big stick is one lonely dude and no idea where he fits in, blows hot air about who knows what in hunting optics discussion forum and whatever he brings into the discussion outside of hot air is not about hunting optics lol...what a guy, oh and basically projects what he is onto those actually discussing the topic at hand, pretty wild skill actually, funny af

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 12/14/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Leupold 6x36 with Long Range Dots is a dandy scope, so of course Leupold quit making it. I have two, and won't be parting with them.

There's a 6x36 in the classifieds right now with the regular duplex...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
The Leupold 6x36 with Long Range Dots is a dandy scope, so of course Leupold quit making it. I have two, and won't be parting with them.

There's a 6x36 in the classifieds right now with the regular duplex...

I think the 6x36 would be a great choice. I have one with the wide duplex and the Long range dots would be very usable at most hunting ranges IMO.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things are as soothing,as Professional Victims waxing eloquent on their Hurt Feelers Reports. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

O
Ozarker Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Hoping Swfa puts a capped wind age and lower profile on the 6x. Illumination might be sweet too.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Hoping Swfa puts a capped wind age and lower profile on the 6x. Illumination might be sweet too.

A zero stop is at the top of my list.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by CRS
I like the idea. Bombproof, with simple illumination.

There you go...simple, bombproof...with a battery and illumination...how ironic.
Plus if you hunted during legal hours why do you need illuminated?.... asking for a friend.

No battery, think accupoint, tritium light is always on.

I do not need the illumination, but have grown to like it. A 4x and a 6x. Dots would be ok, but I can live without them too.

Arcus Venator
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by moosemike

Cool story bro

Ignore is your friend.

Arcus Venator
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Years ago I passed on a Kahles 4x with German #4 reticle at a store in Jackson Hole, Wy. My bad...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing is fhuqking FUNNIER,than a Crying CLUELESS Brokedick Kchunt,"threatening" Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to illuminate her Professional Victim status! HINT.

Now as the 6x MQ goes,I'd like 10 Mil elevation with a 5-20x HD style turret. I'm happy with home made zero stops,but illumination is never going to hurt the equation. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just saying...........

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Burned up some 60 rounds today from the bench in my yard, you?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Professional Victims and your very WELL founded Insecurities,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle a picture of said Goat Fhuqks,for even more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You Professional Victims and your very WELL founded Insecurities,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle a picture of said Goat Fhuqks,for even more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

You will have to find your own goat fuQ pictures you pervert.

Last edited by rickt300; 12/14/23.

Dog I rescued in January

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Great idea. Spend a whole pile of money to engineer and tool up for scopes that will have great sales appeal for at least five guys.

I have three Trijicons now that can easily be set to 6x and left there if I choose….

Take heart, SWFA is promising “More to come in 2024”. Maybe the long-awaited illuminated SS is in the works!

hopefully they have some pure hunting options in mind as being discussed in this thread, the more the merrier

world is slowing rebounding from the prs fad and those who fack around and find out realize there are natural laws to hunting that can't be overcome by gear when only throwing projectiles of x velocity ranges and x bc ranges, goal posts don't really move that far even when shooting the fastest slipperiest stuff when it comes to consistently killing animals

the larger hurdles learned are field accuracy, reading wind, and live animal factors...which despite all the gear available gets a moderate amount of guys consistent killers to 450 and very few to 600...'consistent killers'...not once in a blue moon had no wind I'm a hero lr hunter now lol...that doesn't count as consistent killers, if anyone wants to actually find out their own limits on this they can see how far they consistently kill coyotes at and then double that for big game, just to give idea, anyone wants to argue that ask them their longest coyote and how many over 400 they have, now apply that to all hunters, even when polled the the prs crowd has a majority that say they limit their hunting to about half what they compete at, 5-600 is common number thrown out to where they feel comfy on game to in hunting....even if they don't verbalize why the same way I do

these aren't gear limits really, they are people/animal/conditions limits and it's the same in archery/bowhunting, they shoot 80-100 yards in the 3d's and the odd guy kills out that far but live shooting and bow in hand year round, and for most that's way past the point of diminishing returns to put that much more time in a year just to be consistent another 30% further, most of it is 50-70 yard for the competent guys and consistent killing which coincides with 1/2 to 3/4 second tof's which mirror 450 to 600 yard rifle stuff...

and the more we come full circle on all this and focus on gear that cleans things up specifically for hunting knowing and understanding the natural laws that govern consistent killing abilities for majority.....we should see more robust yet simple, compact, pure hunting options available...as there really isn't that much elevation to compensate for, it's a small amount of data from mpbr to 600, and most can't call wind better than 20" and our minds are spatially and visually wired so holding up to that against the target is actually the best way (fastest and most natural to our brain wiring)...unless you don't know physical measures then you're handicapped to start and will need some reference points for wind holds and something to tell you which ones to use but will slow you down a bit and of course reduce chances likely reducing your overall consistent kill distances

look forward to some forward thinking manufacturers to get ahead of this a bit and start giving what many pure hunters have been asking for more of for a long time, maybe since always lol

ok...enter the Fudd jokes wink

I agree

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 10 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 648 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,514
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.