Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've wondered if people that live 40 miles from the nearest town get 2 day shipping or not.

I've noticed when visiting my MIL who lives 20 miles from the main city, stuff I can get overnight is at least 2 days for her. There is such a difference that I order stuff to arrive at her house a few days before I go there

My parents are 12 minutes up the road from me. We are both 30-40 miles from the biggest city. They get stuff in 1-3 days, I get stuff in 5-7. If I need something quicker, I send it to their house. All of they stuff gets delivered by Amazon (contractors) and ours all goes USPS or UPS.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I canceled for the last 2 years. Recently added it back due to faster shipping, Thursday night football other TV shows. Prime did nothing to improve the shipping. In the area I live it generally takes 3-6 working days to receive anything I order. After football season I may cancel again.

I have Prime. I didn't see any NFL action last night on it.

We watch a lot of Prime TV, but the things we want to see are getting scarcer.

$170 is a tough pill but $14+ a month makes it sound maybe a little more palatable. I shop a lot on Prime so it is still worth it though am beginning to keep an eye on that. wonder if I didn't have th membership if I would save me some dough by not shopping.

Sure I prefer to shop mom-pop but have you seen their websites?

Last night was Saturday night

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter
My wife would likely run me off if I canceled.

LoL
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I've wondered if people that live 40 miles from the nearest town get 2 day shipping or not.

I've noticed when visiting my MIL who lives 20 miles from the main city, stuff I can get overnight is at least 2 days for her. There is such a difference that I order stuff to arrive at her house a few days before I go there

My parents are 12 minutes up the road from me. We are both 30-40 miles from the biggest city. They get stuff in 1-3 days, I get stuff in 5-7. If I need something quicker, I send it to their house. All of they stuff gets delivered by Amazon (contractors) and ours all goes USPS or UPS.

interesting,

because of Xmas those Amazon vans are on our street 5-6 times a day and they are delivering at all hours of the night and early morning.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JeffA
Gotta help give UPS and FedEx their holiday OT.

I don't want'um kickin' my dog.

I didn't know you had a dog...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We do a lot of online shopping simply because the stores here don't carry much of the stuff we want. We're also out of town a ways and gas is expensive. Amazon gets a large share of our business but some of their prices are ridiculous. We can often get it cheaper elsewhere even after paying shipping. I was looking at an item of clothing on Amazon. The price for L was $10, the price for XL was $25.
That said, Amazon does have an amazing variety of stuff and with Prime, you get it in a reasonable time.

As far as Prime video, It galls me when we pay for Prime but still have to pay more to rent the better movies. Then you also have to watch their advertising. I guess I need to learn how to record shows so I can FF through the ads.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice dogs...

Mine...

FedEx dog not pictured (Witness Protection Program kinda stuff)

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

We are not even close to getting 2 day shipping, never were, but it's even worse the last year or two, not UPS' fault that I can see. Nearest FedEx is a hundred miles away, they claim they never 'hold freight' for rural customers, but when tracking shows a parcel stops somewhere for up to 48 hours, that is the only explanation. None of which matters unless you are awaiting repair parts.
Our UPS driver tells us that the hub he works out of has never been profitable in the 26 years he has worked there. I think rural routes are a bitter pill for the big carriers. That's why I don't bash the USPS locally, it's kinda a form of welfare, but we'd be screwed without them.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Amazon, UPS and FedEx dudes all have doggie mini milkbone treats for my Labs.

They try to climb on board the vans and trucks. 😃

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Amazon, UPS and FedEx dudes all have doggie mini milkbone treats for my Labs.

They try to climb on board the vans and trucks. 😃

OMG...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well; considering the typical cost of running a vehicle to go fetch things(and hope the store has what you need) is about .60 a mile; pretty cheap ,IMO. Plus ease of returns.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/17/23.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Well; considering the typical cost of running a vehicle to go fetch things(and hope the store has what you need) is about .60 a mile; pretty cheap ,IMO. Plus ease of returns.
If you factor in gas & the headache of store visit, the $140 looks better & better!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I canceled for the last 2 years. Recently added it back due to faster shipping, Thursday night football other TV shows. Prime did nothing to improve the shipping. In the area I live it generally takes 3-6 working days to receive anything I order. After football season I may cancel again.

I have Prime. I didn't see any NFL action last night on it.

We watch a lot of Prime TV, but the things we want to see are getting scarcer.

$170 is a tough pill but $14+ a month makes it sound maybe a little more palatable. I shop a lot on Prime so it is still worth it though am beginning to keep an eye on that. wonder if I didn't have th membership if I would save me some dough by not shopping.

Sure I prefer to shop mom-pop but have you seen their websites?

Last night was Saturday night

Thumbs up.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I probably save that $140 or more in time and fuel in a year if I had to drive to a store.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Amazon is visiting daily. If I need specialized brackets or repair parts, I can usually get it the next afternoon.

And Amazongly, these dudes sometimes show up at 10pm same day. Even on Sundays.

Ain’t dicking with Ernie Ferglur’s Hardware anymore down at the town square. Fk alla that.

I don’t give a chit about their TV stuff cause “ya know throwed the TeeVee out in 78 and we homeschooled are keeds in the chigkin house” by golly my boys can’t do simple alljbra but they wear pistols and gut my catfeesh”
Hardware store looks like a fun place to work though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The number of oddball stuff I order from Amazon for the farms is kinda amazing. Brass fittings for oxygen systems, pool leak fixer, oil pan heater, stainless 5mm wing nuts, and on and on and on. We’ve got a great farm supply store in town (pop. < 1,000) and I buy a bunch of stuff there, but there’s just so much weird stuff we need that they don’t carry.

My son lives near Seattle, he can find anything he needs almost immediately somewhere in town. We just assume we can’t.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've kept it. I easily blow the 140 a year out on 2 day shipping, often I get my stuff in 1 day - depending on the item. Is it in stock at the closest fulfillment center or does it come from the DC.

I'm 37 miles from the nearest Walmart/Fleet Farm/Target type place. My town doesn't have a hardware store at all and the only parts store is a Napa that "can order things for you" like anti-seize and brake clean. I 1/2 think they order from Amazon themselves.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
9 out of 10 times I can beat Amazon @ Walmart.Com

No membership fee... Free shipping

...and 5% rebate check from AJ or Rakuten.

-----------------------

I am buying a 3rd Gen Dodge 3500 Track Bar today...

Most probably Walmart will have the best price on the one I pick out...

Most probably...

They just don't have the shipping prowess that Amazon has with Prime and I almost never find the prices to be cheaper than Amazon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
They just don't have the shipping prowess that Amazon has with Prime.

Fair enough... I assume that may be location dependent for you.

For me... 95% is 2 day (3 max).

The things they drop ship from NAPA, Advance, Vevor are typically 3 days max.

The China direct stuff is indeed 10+/- days, but the prices crush Amazon. i.e. Amazon advance buys and retails in 2 days at a premium.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I use Amazon when needed don't do prime but do have an Amazon card. The huge fulfillment center in Baton Rouge is now open. Most items I order get delivered in 2-3 days but have to pay shipping on some things. I also like shopping on eBay get free shipping and acceptable delivery time, also shop at Academy sports get free shipping for any item $15 plus and a 5% discount if I use my Academy store card. At this time don't feel the need to pay an Amazon prime membership fee.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,080
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.