-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've had Prime for a number of years, initially for the TV/movie options. Started using the general goods purchasing more and more during the covid months. As my age advances so do my MS symptoms, making it much more convenient to do the point and click shopping. Most items we order are here in 3 days or less. So, for us, it is worth the annual subscription cost.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just looked at our Amazon account, first order EVAH was a Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod and head for a spotting scope.

The year was 2010, only order placed that year, I had no idea we've been buying stuff off Amazon for that long.
(they have an amazing database)

This past year has been around 70 orders(probably 90 deliveries) to the tune of around $4500. Don't think we've ever had to return anything. Recently had to fix the tip on a fancy carving knife that showed up dinged/bent but to me that was easier than returning.

Funny story though on Amazon shipping. About twice a year I order Jealous Devil charcoal from Amazon, 45lb bag x 4 of 'em and they each come in their own cardboard box. Last charcoal delivery was early September...
Anyway couple weeks ago I went to get a new bag, opened the box and here inside was a little package of makeup that my wife had ordered. The package was dirty charred pretty good but inside was fine and of course wife had already reordered and just laughed when I brought the prize in from the garage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure is worth it for me, especially when needing small parts or inexpensive parts which often cost more to ship then the cost of the part.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Americans
I can’t fight the Bolsheviks today, honey. I’m expecting three Amazon deliveries this week.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bbassi
I'm thinking no. Back when we watched their movies and used their steaming music, and when free 2 day shipping was actually free 2 day shipping, maybe. I think it's time to let my subscription run out.

Anyone else cut them out of the budget lately?

If you are running a business yes.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Regular UPS guy treated our dog with snacks. One day I watched as the oft-changing FedEx driver came - without treat. Dog seriously gave him a what the hell look! Not smelling it, not seeing it! Total human failure

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know one thing, I still believe in America. I do all my tradin’ with Ernie Ferglur’a Hardware. Ernie don’t have none of that sissyfied self cheggout crap either. Elma Lou runs the register with the big crank handle.

Screw that commie Bozos and his dick shaped rocket.

If it takes Ernie two weeks to order me a new pull rope for my 59 Evinrude, so be it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're a Prime member and ever have the desire to curb your overall monthly spending, suspend your Prime membership and see what happens.

I started my Prime membership on it's introduction, it appears from my Amazon history my first Prime purchase was Feb.13 2005.

I was spending a lot of time in remote Alaska so the $79 membership was a no brainer. 90% of my shopping was mail-order already and shipping was always a big factor.

I'd been a Amazon shopper pretty much from its start being a collector of various books.

One day I decided for no particular reason that I'd start paying more attention to my spending.
I'd never even considered it before, I just worked and bought what I wanted and needed and paid the bills, could've cared less.

It was those pie charts on the banks websites that got me thinking.
They categorized my spending, the numbers were just stupid.

I wasn't spending the bulk of my time in Alaska anymore and I'd toned down on flippin' houses and it was purchases relating to those activities that ran the numbers up.

So I suspended my Prime account for 18 months.

The results were staggering, the impulsive, casual spending all but ceased.

I didn't reinstate my Prime account until the pandemic hit and online shopping became more of a necessity.

Now I'm back to my old habits, pretty much a day don't go by that I'm not on Amazon looking for something and often it's something I could easily live without.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Amazon has a big warehouse in Nampa, ID which is about 150 miles from us. They run a truck out of there every night across so. Idaho dropping stuff at local post offices. It gives us 2 day service...when it works right. They have a bad habit of putting stuff on the wrong trailers. Our orders often end up in Bozeman, MT or Aurora, CO.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me yes. The free and usually fast shipping saves me far more than the annual fee, not only shipping costs, but gas as well. The video subscription thrown in is icing on the cake. My flatscreen is an older one without much in the way of built-in apps, so a $25 Firestick keeps me entertained. If you’re patient, almost everything ends up on Prime sooner or later, and they’ve put out a bunch of good content of their own. Other providers are available too, and I add and subtract them as needed. Often you can get trial subscriptions and binge the show that interests you for free.

I always compare Amazon prices with others before buying, and they’re often, even usually the lowest once you factor in the shipping.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just always keep in mind they are experts in marketing and very influential at encouraging us to spend.

The big box stores that encourage bulk buying to save have their gimmick down pat too.

I have neighbors that bring me stuff after they go to Sam's Club before it even goes into their home, they buy more than they even have room for.

Best thing about this thread is that it has me considering suspending my Prime account again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got suckered into a 24 pack of SPAM. 🤷‍♂️

Haven’t even broke the shrink wrap off of it. Been 2 yrs

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got suckered into a 24 pack of SPAM. 🤷‍♂️

Haven’t even broke the shrink wrap off of it. Been 2 yrs

But it lasts forever, it's survival goods.

After Biden kills all the cows you'll be a happy guy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Skillet meat for the deer blind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I know one thing, I still believe in America. I do all my tradin’ with Ernie Ferglur’a Hardware. Ernie don’t have none of that sissyfied self cheggout crap either. Elma Lou runs the register with the big crank handle.

Screw that commie Bozos and his dick shaped rocket.

If it takes Ernie two weeks to order me a new pull rope for my 59 Evinrude, so be it.
Bezos doesn't greet you at the front door though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it might be time to rethink that Amazon Prime subscription if you like their streaming channel.

Now they'll charge you to watch PLUS they will be adding commercials. You can opt out of the commercials for an addition $2.99 per month - $36 per year. From an email I just received:

"We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bbassi
I'm thinking no. Back when we watched their movies and used their steaming music, and when free 2 day shipping was actually free 2 day shipping, maybe. I think it's time to let my subscription run out.

Anyone else cut them out of the budget lately?
I don't play the Amazon game.
I just get my order to $35 or better and choose free shipping.

And they nag me on each sale to join Prime.
I will not be assimilated.

LOL

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's $140.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,196
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.