Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
My Sam’s membership is coming to year end/renewal in the next few days. I like Sam’s ok but I’m unfamiliar with Costcos and we have one opening up within a few months nearby.
those of you who are familiar with both, what makes one better than another. Sounds like Costco has better socks lol I’ve heard their ice cream is better but what about meats, fruits vegetables or dairy? Anything equivalent to Sams’ cash earning black card?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never been in a Sam’s but everything you mentioned is top quality at Costco. They can also issue you a Visa card with reward points. I have an executive membership that I think runs $120 annual. My annual rebate this year was $80 so my net membership cost was $40.

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/17/23.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve nothing bad to say about Costco except their hours of operation. They’re damn handy.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Costco by a fair margin.

They may no be what they were 10-15 years ago, but an easy pick over Sams.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When we lived in areas where both were available, Costco was preferred.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Costco piss me off, they wouldn’t accept any bank ir credit card I had affiliated with Visa.

Only Mastercard

I ain’t have jack chit else with me, cash, check, nothing.

My old man was out in the caddie, I made him come in with some usaa mastercard or something to get me rolling. Wtf

I still like costco better. Sams seems a little trashy with more annoying cell phone salespeople creating a gauntlet at the entrance.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I use both depending on location. It only costs I think $60 a year for each, so I have no problem being a member of both... Check them out, as they are both better than soopah walmarx, and yes I think Costco's meat and employees are better than walmarx+ club.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Always preferred Costco.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've gotten used to Sam's & happen to like their beef better. Any pre sliced beef at Costco has been tenderized. Sam's to my knowledge is not. Chicken & pork prices about the same.
Sam's membership cost less last I heard. Costco liquor is great but don't need a membership in my state to buy there.

Think I'll continue to get meat at Sams & vodka at Costco. If Costco runs a killer deal on something I want I'll call BIL & ask him to order it & have them ship it to me.

But, lots of folks rave on the Kirkland brand of goods across the board. Not sure I can brag on general Members Mark products. Lots of test, comparisons would need to be made to honestly answer instead of the "what I like" thing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had both but now it's Cosco.

They have some good quality stuff there and the veggies are not bad.

It just seemed to me that sams was just a last ditch place for goods from the mart stores to go before they die.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've gotten used to Sam's & happen to like their beef better. Any pre sliced beef at Costco has been tenderized. Sam's to my knowledge is not. Chicken & pork prices about the same.
Sam's membership cost less last I heard. Costco liquor is great but don't need a membership in my state to buy there.

Think I'll continue to get meat at Sams & vodka at Costco. If Costco runs a killer deal on something I want I'll call BIL & ask him to order it & have them ship it to me.

But, lots of folks rave on the Kirkland brand of goods across the board. Not sure I can brag on general Members Mark products. Lots of test, comparisons would need to be made to honestly answer instead of the "what I like" thing.
how do Sam's rotiserrie chigguns rate compared to the Cosscos?

That's impotent, ya knows.

Do the Sam's gots the $2.50 big ol slice a piza?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Costco has better stuff. We actually quit both of them, when we finally realized we were paying annual fees for the privilege to drive an hour and a half mostly just to buy trash bags and toilet paper.

Those membership fees will buy a pretty good amount of trash bags and toilet paper at the walmarks here in town.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
Costco has better stuff. We actually quit both of them, when we finally realized we were paying annual fees for the privilege to drive an hour and a half mostly just to buy trash bags and toilet paper.

Those membership fees will buy a pretty good amount of trash bags and toilet paper at the walmarks here in town.

one word, if you like their products.

Costco.com

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I stopped going to Sam's because they decided it was Okee Dokee to charge my Master Card 50 bucks for a renewal of my membership without telling me about it or asking me. I thought some crooks have stolen my info again, and had the card cancelled only to find out that Sam's charged it behind my back. I was without a card for a couple weeks, and when I called Sam's, their only defense was..."we changed our policy and it's automatic now." I told them put the 50 bucks back on my card because I changed my policy and don't shop there now.

Last edited by reivertom; 12/17/23.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Have a Sams 35 minutes away and.Cosco is 2 hours plus a drive all the way across Memphis. Twice coming and going.
So no choice for me I use Sams. I like Costco better though.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We have a membership at both. Sams is only a short drive away, but there are 3 Costco's 30-45 minutes away. It's worth the drive for us to go to Costco if we're buying multiple items. Plus, all 3 of the Costco's are right on the way to places we drive by at least once a month anyway, so we rarely make a special trip.

I'd estimate that roughly 1/2 of the stuff we get are pretty comparable in quality and price at either place. But the other 1/2 is usually better at Costco and I can't think of anything better at Sams.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sams. Cat Litter alone decided that. Costco was a weird layout by comparison. Pearland TX Stores about 2 miles apart

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Costco is better if you have one near you. My problem is there's not one anywhere near me, so I'm forced into Sam's. Sam's is kind of the ghetto version of Costco. Costco will generally have more upscale stuff along with upscale people. Sam's gets the Walmart/Dollar General crowd.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Costco piss me off, they wouldn’t accept any bank ir credit card I had affiliated with Visa.

Only Mastercard

I ain’t have jack chit else with me, cash, check, nothing.

My old man was out in the caddie, I made him come in with some usaa mastercard or something to get me rolling. Wtf

I still like costco better. Sams seems a little trashy with more annoying cell phone salespeople creating a gauntlet at the entrance.

I use a visa debit card every time I go in Costco with no problems.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by reivertom
I stopped going to Sam's because they decided it was Okee Dokee to charge my Master Card 50 bucks for a renewal of my membership without telling me about it or asking me. I thought some crooks have stolen my info again, and had the card cancelled only to find out that Sam's charged it behind my back. I was without a card for a couple weeks, and when I called Sam's, their only defense was..."we changed our policy and it's automatic now." I told them put the 50 bucks back on my card because I changed my policy and don't shop there now.

That's some lowdown bullsheet right there. I need to check and make sure Sam's isn't charging us on the sly too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (160user, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 17,144 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,884
Posts18,538,402
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.