Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So... animals aren't wounded/lost at "close" ranges? Hunting is no different than anything else, there's people you're glad they do it and others that you wish they didn't!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I'm opposed to some nitwit on the interwebs telling me what I can and can't do while hunting.

In WA State, 90%? of our fish and game board are not hunters.

We don't need these idiots giving them new ideas for restrictions to "make it more fair" for the game animals.

Enough already.

If you can't make a 500 yard shot with your rifle, don't. It speaks more to your lack of training and proficiency than to any discussion on "ethics."

Rant over (maybe).

Where's the "LIKE" button when you need one?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm opposed to some nitwit on the interwebs telling me what I can and can't do while hunting.

We don't need these idiots giving them new ideas for restrictions to "make it more fair" for the game animals.

Enough already.

If you can't make a 500 yard shot with your rifle, don't. It speaks more to your lack of training and proficiency than to any discussion on "ethics."

Rant over (maybe).

"Rant over (maybe) - HAHAHAHA Now that's funny! laugh

With a hunting career of 54 years and having hunted with many people for most birds and most big game in North America, I can honestly say that average hunters are terrible shooters, especially on game.

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/20/23.

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman

Enough already.

If you can't make a 500 yard shot with your rifle, don't.
It speaks more to your lack of training and proficiency than to any discussion on "ethics."

Rant over (maybe).

Where's the "LIKE" button when you need one?

That was kind of my thought as well

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
X
Xspurt Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
X
The bottom line is you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect wind, mirage, and your own performance every single time under field conditions. The farther the shot the more problems with it are amplified. Everyone knows this just very few have the fortitude to follow through. The most expensive rifle, bullets, and other paraphernalia cannot compensate for natures whims. Wannabes will blame everything but their attitude and will never be legitimate successful and true hunters. Unfortunately for real hunters and game that's just a fact of life.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Xspurt
The bottom line is you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect wind, mirage, and your own performance every single time under field conditions. The farther the shot the more problems with it are amplified. Everyone knows this just very few have the fortitude to follow through. The most expensive rifle, bullets, and other paraphernalia cannot compensate for natures whims. Wannabes will blame everything but their attitude and will never be legitimate successful and true hunters. Unfortunately for real hunters and game that's just a fact of life.

Just to be clear, your aversion to 'long-range' hunting is because you feel the possibility of wounding is higher, correct? It isn't necessarily because you feel the animals need a better chance of being alerted to danger, correct?

I know this entire thread is just a trolling attempt, but I am still curious if I am reading your intent right.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Their intent is to start chit to feel better, somehow, about themselves. So they can look down their long pointy nose to feel superior. Like you said, just a trolling exercise....

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im a hunter and a shooter.
Grew up reloading and varmint hunting.

Have never long range hunted deer.
Not something I really want to do.

But it might happen.
If so, I will have practiced for it.

I don't shoot at stuff.

Shoot expecting a dead animal. Or I just don't shoot.

My limits, are my limits. They might change from current though.

Expect to play around at 500 and farther this summer, with a new rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just have to be a little bit sad for the OP...He doesn't respond to questions about himself.
I am not sure why...I guess we could make lots of assumptions about his interaction in a group he is obviously clueless about.
He has made many false assumptions himself, which has lended itself to some pretty funny posts, at his expense.
Does he really believe he is going to change things in his postings?
Does he not have a life?
I do not pretend or think my posts will change him in any way.
So many unanswered questions about this tormented soul.

Can I make an assumption that he is pretty much opposed to all forms of archery hunting?
Yet to use a modern bolt action rifle, surely cannot be legitimate hunting.
It is okay to realize you are not being rational or fair to folks in this forum area.
Polarizing a group for whatever reason, is emotionally immature...My sincere encouragement is for you to bow out of this thread, and give yourself to something productive.
I hope your anger and bitterness doesn't bleed into your relationships around you, but I have my doubts.

It seems he pretty much hates technology, and those who understand it, and are capable of using it, so I am wondering if, he opposes the new bow technology, which reduces time of flight and accuracy issues, at the same time being opposed to long bow hunting, because of the longer time of flight.

Is he just jealous of people who shoot a custom rifle? Jell-O-Spurt...
Does he actually believe if someone hunts with a factory rifle like one of his model 700's, that automatically removes, lack of field shooting skill.

I think that with his bottom line being "you cannot predict what the animal will do, the effect of the wind, mirage, not to mention his own performance every single time under field conditions," I think that Conflict-A-Spurt, should give up hunting and shooting all together.
All of this drama will likely end in a self-fulfilling prophecy for you.
A wannabe's attitude with this much anger, doubt, and conflict has no business in the field, especially since you have lost the confidence in yourself.
When our emotions get really high, our ability to be rational is noticeably diminished, but in that emotional funk, we think our clarity is powerful (Self-Deception)
I think there needs to be some pity for someone who is so conflicted, and yet does not realize he is conflicted.

Yes, I have lowered myself in this post.
I am both reacting and responding.
I think he likes the reacting part...So I will admit, I have probably fed the fool in him some.
I do not typically interact this way, although I enjoy sarcasm and a good laugh.
Hopefully, this anonymous gent (It is easy to hide behind a screen) will realize his words really mean nothing to the LR hunters here, but he has exposed his own inner world, which no doubt involves some things that all of us should want to avoid as a pattern of life.

I must admit, I Have Been Entertained by a number of these posts (not the OP's).

Merry Christmas and a have a Great New Year!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hookeye
Im a hunter and a shooter.
Grew up reloading and varmint hunting.

Have never long range hunted deer.
Not something I really want to do.

But it might happen.
If so, I will have practiced for it.

I don't shoot at stuff.

Shoot expecting a dead animal. Or I just don't shoot.

My limits, are my limits. They might change from current though.

Expect to play around at 500 and farther this summer, with a new rifle.

Let us know how things go for you as you begin to stretch things out.
E

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Xspurt

Just to be clear, your aversion to 'long-range' hunting is because you feel the possibility of wounding is higher, correct? It isn't necessarily because you feel the animals need a better chance of being alerted to danger, correct?

I know this entire thread is just a trolling attempt, but I am still curious if I am reading your intent right.

diXspurt sounds like Gayandimal's sockpuppet

same type of feeling superior over others because of a pretend halo conjured up to excuse her own lack of ability and proper equipment

remember the bs about "real marksmen" where the twat was against scopes and using a rifle rest ?

now she's whining about long range hunters aren't "real hunters"

All because she said so

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
X
Xspurt Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
X
Inman - it's both. Couldn't be further away from trolling. The vast majority of replies are pretty sad being totally blind to the issue. It's the only way they can be comfortable.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KillerBee
With a hunting career of 54 years and having hunted with many people for most birds and most big game in North America, I can honestly say that average hunters are terrible shooters, especially on game.

I can say, after 52 years of hunting, and guiding over 160 hunters as well, that you are absolutely correct, at least IME. The hunters that showed up bragging on their equipment and shooting ability were often times the worst.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I can say, after 52 years of hunting, and guiding over 160 hunters as well, that you are absolutely correct, at least IME. The hunters that showed up bragging on their equipment and shooting ability were often times the worst.

Well, at least they had you and me to back them up lol

KB

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's fu cking hilarious.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I'd be willing to bet that most of us here are not "average" hunters, or even average shooters.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I'd be willing to bet that most of us here are not "average" hunters, or even average shooters.

Here, on this forum, I agree 100%, the general public is whom I was referring to!

As well as people I have hunted with over the years.

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/20/23.

KB

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Here, on this forum, I agree 100%, the general public is whom I was referring to!

As well as people I have hunted with over the years.

BSA is probably right, but then again, I never guided anyone from this board. Most of them showed up over-scoped and over gunned (and under-practiced as Ingwe once added, and oh so true).

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Swamplord
The cartridges I use have more impact energy at 500 yards than what most of the short range dolts use , have at the muzzle

We know, you never miss a chance to tell the world how phuggin' wonderful you are.

C'mon man, those 338 Skullfuck and 416 Hamsplitter rounds are awesome. grin

The mathman has solid ball bustin skillz. I thought he was just good at the Maths.

Well played.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 51 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,281
Posts18,525,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.