Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
How are their scopes? I see some hitting the used market that are somewhat affordable. Has anyone done tracking or dialing and return to zero tests on any Leica scopes? I know the glass is superb but more interested in the internal functions operating as they should and if the scopes are considered “robust” or are they frail. Honestly I’ve never seen or held one in person.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’d go with swfa or nightforce if your a turret twister.

Fück Joe byron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
How are their scopes? I see some hitting the used market that are somewhat affordable. Has anyone done tracking or dialing and return to zero tests on any Leica scopes? I know the glass is superb but more interested in the internal functions operating as they should and if the scopes are considered “robust” or are they frail. Honestly I’ve never seen or held one in person.

I had a 2.5-10x42 ER for about a week. I diddled about with the rear focus but could never get the parallax down to a dull-roar. Traded it to a buddy who just had to have it, I warned him, he owned it for about a month and tripped it for the same reason. Neither of us ever got the thing mounted let alone turned a click on the adjustments to know about durability etc. I'd certainly be willing to try a Leica assuming it had a means for correcting parallax and a decent reticle, I hate Christmas trees in my scope.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Leica has always sucked in the riflescope department and they still do.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leica,Zeiss and Swaro have yet to make a bullet steering device,worth a fhuqk. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an old Leica when they were made by Leupold with Leica Glass. Not apples to apples comparison with current stuff, but in 18 years, hasn't once lost zero on a 300WM, and glass is clear as branch water. I've seen them for sale several times. Allen Day got me started on them. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've used several Leica scopes over the years, ran box tests on them all and never had any issues. The scopes I used most were the ER, the ERi and the Visus. Aside from the high-quality glass, the Leica scopes -- in my usage -- proved to be both rugged and reliable.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I have the ER 2.5-10x42 and like it very much.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bobby has it covered. Great glass and very reliable in my experience. Their reticles are the killer for me. Save the ER5, they were all very odd designs or very fine. The #4 on the Magnus, which to me has the best glass of any scope I have used, was so fine it was only good as a daytime hunt or varmint reticle. Useless in low light.

Spence

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Spence-

The reason I didn't spend more time with an early Magnus was the thin reticle. But the re-designed 4-A (see photo) that Leica implemented into the ER5 was awesome.

The 4-a-i reticle in the Visus is similar to the Zeiss #60.

I have no use for the ballistic reticles they offer.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I have no experience with Leica scopes.

There was some past negativity on their CS.

My 1200 range finder died. Sent it back. Too old to fix. They offered a 2400 at half retail, which I quickly accepted.

So Leica CS seems pretty good for what that’s worth. Well, so is Leupold CS.

Hmm….

DF

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I shoot a Leica Amplus 6 and am very happy with it.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I have two 2.5-10ER’s. One is on a 325 WSM that’s been my only hunting gun for the past 10+ years. The others been on a 375 Ruger that was used a while back on an Alaskan hunt. No issues with either but I haven’t shot the 375 in a long time and I’m selling it to fund some more rifles.
For what it’s worth. I have the IBS reticle on the 325 and the #1 on the 375. For low light shooting the IBS is terrible but the #1 is superb.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Leica,Zeiss and Swaro have yet to make a bullet steering device,worth a fhuqk. Hint...............
That BS aside, I have a 2.5-10x42 Visus with illuminated center dot. It has been reliable and is optically real good! Same with a Z3 Swarovski.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by WAM
That BS aside, I have a 2.5-10x42 Visus with illuminated center dot. It has been reliable and is optically real good! Same with a Z3 Swarovski.
"BS" standing for Big Stick. I presume...?

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
I have an old Leica when they were made by Leupold with Leica Glass. Not apples to apples comparison with current stuff, but in 18 years, hasn't once lost zero on a 300WM, and glass is clear as branch water. I've seen them for sale several times. Allen Day got me started on them. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sorta looks like a D'Arcy stock....

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NONE of the trio,can begin to take weather,the abuse of ACTUAL use,nor track,repeat or fhuqking hold zero. Hint.

Admittedly,I'm not talking Flat Billed Fence Hopping with Velvet Gloves. Trigger Time,is the bane of the trio and the LESS you "know","see" and "do"...the "better" they are. Hint.

Fhuqkin LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
Sorta looks like a D'Arcy stock....

DF

Yeah it does……he puts them on all his Legends 😀

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Nice.

DF

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Have to agree with Lil'Dick on this one..............

IMO Leica, Zeiss and Swaro probably make THE best Binoculars and Spotters on the market
on the other hand will never buy another rifle scope from any of them

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,876
Posts18,518,127
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.