Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pointer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I realize this is likely a dumb question, but here goes...

I have a LH bolt and lower for an AR. If I buy a RH AR, can I just swap out the bolt and lower that I have and end up with a LH AR?

Last edited by pointer; 12/21/23.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like you would still be lacking an upper reciever with a left side ejection port.

pointer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG
Seems like you would still be lacking an upper reciever with a left side ejection port.
I typed before the coffee kicked in, I do have a LH upper receiver not a lower. Gosh, that was a dumb typo as I bought the upper receiver from Stag Arms...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
I typed before the coffee kicked in, I do have a LH upper receiver not a lower. Gosh, that was a dumb typo as I bought the upper receiver from Stag Arms...

Rephrase the above please,

You wish to end up with a left side ejection port?

And you already have a left hand upper?

What are you actually trying to acomplish?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Your left hand upper receiver will work with any lower. The lower is not right or left hand specific. Hopefully that answers the question you were asking.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At that point you're down to worrying about lefty (ambi?) controls.

pointer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Your left hand upper receiver will work with any lower. The lower is not right or left hand specific. Hopefully that answers the question you were asking.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This pictured is what I want to end up with. I have a LH upper reciever (not a complete upper) and a LH bolt. If I buy a RH AR, can I swap in those two parts and end up with what is in the picture?

I appears that is the case, which is what I was thinking and hoping for. I ran across an add that talked about a barrel that worked with LH bolts and got me to thinking that there may be more items that are hand oriented.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You can use any AR15 barrel. Not really right or left hand specific. You say you have a left hand "bolt", you are going to need the whole left hand BCG. Just so there is no confusion there. The one pictured above uses a Black Rain Ordinance BCG, which is totally left handed. The upper is a Stag 6HL, the lower is a Bushmaster lower. The lowers are not left or right hand specific. I run a BAD lever and all ambi controls.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BSA,

Thanks===> I didn't know Black Rain had a LH BCG

I'll take a look at them.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Are Davidsons Defence LH uppers any good? Delta Team Tactical sells them.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Are Davidsons Defence LH uppers any good? Delta Team Tactical sells them.
Wish I could find the post I made here on cleaning one up. Bottom line - be prepared to do a little honing of the product.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bought a Davidsons Defence LH upper Delta Team Tactical, 16 inch 1-7 twist no dust guard, no forward assist somewhat rough in the bolt race. I bought it assembled and test fired. Like the idea of a LH upper for safety. Will see how it shoots and functions. Barrel looks good to my old eyes. Put lock tite on gas block screws, and checked everthing. It was test fired and included 3 brass, tough to rechamber fired brass?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/10/24.

kk alaska

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bought a Davidsons Defence LH upper Delta Team Tactical, 16 inch 1-7 twist no dust guard, no forward assist somewhat rough in the bolt race. I bought it assembled and test fired. Like the idea of a LH upper for safety. Will see how it shoots and functions.
Run a patch through the barrel and see if it catches on the muzzle.

Politics is War by Other Means
pointer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bought a Davidsons Defence LH upper Delta Team Tactical, 16 inch 1-7 twist no dust guard, no forward assist somewhat rough in the bolt race. I bought it assembled and test fired. Like the idea of a LH upper for safety. Will see how it shoots and functions.

Very nice! I could like that for the boys. A barrel swap and it'd be legal for deer here in IN.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Bought a Davidsons Defence LH upper Delta Team Tactical, 16 inch 1-7 twist no dust guard, no forward assist somewhat rough in the bolt race. I bought it assembled and test fired. Like the idea of a LH upper for safety. Will see how it shoots and functions. Barrel looks good to my old eyes.

Why no dust cover or forward assist? Ordered that way, or a way for them to cut costs?

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
As long as you do not need to change bolt carrier group!

kk alaska

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
BSA no forward assist or dustcover and no way to add one. Tough to find a LH upper with LH BCG under $400 that is how it was made no way to attach a dustcover. But its Left handed!

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/11/24.

kk alaska

pointer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As long as you do not need to change bolt carrier group!
Shouldn't. Have a barrel for a deer legal cartridge that uses the same case head. Should have gotten something different, but got a good price so bought it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA no forward assist or dustcover and no way to add one. Tough to find a LH upper with LH BCG under $400 that is how it was made no way to attach a dustcover. But its Left handed!

Ok, I see. You are right, under $400, it would be hard to find. Hopefully it works well for you. I really liked my Stag 6HL, but like I've said before, got tired of picking up brass on both sides of the bench. Eventually just moved that one along, and kept the right handed AR's.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bought a Davidsons Defence LH upper Delta Team Tactical, 16 inch 1-7 twist no dust guard, no forward assist somewhat rough in the bolt race. I bought it assembled and test fired. Like the idea of a LH upper for safety. Will see how it shoots and functions. Barrel looks good to my old eyes. Put lock tite on gas block screws, and checked everthing. It was test fired and included 3 brass, tough to rechamber fired brass?

Shot it today functioned perfect and accurate, love the left hand upper and the fact it throws brass and debris to the LH side away from my face.

kk alaska

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.