-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My great uncle was in good health up to his death at 104. Moved into an assisted living at 101. His mind was perfect up to the end. Had a great life. He was ready to go. He didn't know why he kept waking up each morning.
He died two years ago. As a kid, he knew people who fought in the Civil War. Kind of mind boggling to think the Civil War to him was people who knew when I think of it as 5 generations ago.
Anyway, he was not depressed at all, but would tell you he welcomed death as he had lived and seen as much as he wanted to.

I'm 52. 75+ would be great.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I want to see my granddaughters grow into successful, conservative women.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Helluva question at Christmas time!šŸ˜€
To be honest, Iā€™m way past my ā€œsell byā€ date, and watching traitors get rich while destroying the country I love makes me ready to go on to that ā€œbig mountainā€ Dad always spoke of.
But all the parts are still here and functional, and I can still climb the hills and go hunting, can still load up some ammo and spend an afternoon burning through it, so Iā€™m content to stick around until God calls me home.
Iā€™ve been happier, but Iā€™m still game and still enjoy most of my life.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I want to live til I die. I don't want to spend more than a short time merely existing.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I want to live long enough to see Hillary in Hell.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Remsen
I want to live for as long as I enjoy living, and die the moment I stop enjoying life. I've spent too much time visiting folks in nursing homes to want to live too long.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My dad is 88, in a memory care facility. Let's just say that's not really living IMO, and want no part of it personally. Love seeing my dad, hate going in there.

+1

There are worse things than death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want someone to bring me my first great-grandson. After that, I'll make up my mind.

Two things I'm sure of:

1) I want to keep deer hunting until they have to use a tranq gun to get me out of the stand. It'll be summer. I'll have tried to jack a roll of Rollaids into the chamber, and I'll think Regan is still president.

2) I want to be the dirty old man in the home--shooting squirrels with a pellet gun, chasing nurses, and paying the staff to bring me scotch.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Remsen
I want to live for as long as I enjoy living, and die the moment I stop enjoying life. I've spent too much time visiting folks in nursing homes to want to live too long.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My dad is 88, in a memory care facility. Let's just say that's not really living IMO, and want no part of it personally. Love seeing my dad, hate going in there.

+1

There are worse things than death.

100% agree with all of the above. Went through it with my Dad, but his body went before his mind did and I said no nursing home, We moved him in with us. He had never in his life been a burden on anyone and it tore him up in a really bad way to be so dependent on others.

Last edited by Brokenarrow; 12/21/23.

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I need to replace a new set of deck stairs to my 2nd story garage.

And then clean and organize 3 out buildings and label many challenger and road runner parts.

I refuse to leave my place a junky shƮthole like Wabigoons farm. Yall should check his place out from Google Earth. What a DUMP

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You know you want those hearing aids.......

FJB & FJT
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Slum, you can do that after you blast a buck from the 5 star blind.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/21/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
not yet i want to spend a little more time with my grandkids , shoot a couple more bigger bucks , hopefully be with grandson when he shoots a good buck . all if the dear Lord lets me ???

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Iā€™m hoping for at least another seven years (74), been lucky so far but I am out of warranty.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Slum, you can do that after you blast a buck from the 5 star blind.
Uhhhh duhhhhh errrrrr, Im gonna play with my train set and post anne murray videos, just let my son clean up my lifetime accumulation of hoarded bullshƮt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe 3 more years. That would take me to 90 same age as my father. Lots of things I am not capable of anymore but am still enjoying life and our children so why go yet. Just hope I don't get anything debilitating, things as they are seem bearable.

Jim

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
When you cut to the chase, life ends with a 30 yard dumpster. Mom went first, dad 13 years later. He kept a clean house and basement but the furniture had to go. Wasnā€™t that traumatic although I did let my younger brother grieve some before the real dirty work took place. I donā€™t think dad could have done anything to make the process easier as long as he owned his own home and was active. He stopped driving two weeks before he passed, self sufficient to the end.

Iā€™m in the process of dumping a lot of unused outdoor stuff so that when my time comes there shouldnā€™t be to much drama or cleanup.

Last edited by Mike_S; 12/21/23.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
You want to be around long enough to be a burden and cash sapping responsibility for your loved ones?

I would like to grow old with my wife, but not outlive my daughter.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've told my family already that I won't go into a care home, of any type.

Beyond that, I also don't want to just "exist". My retirement savings have taken a [bleep] since Biden stole the election and I can't afford to retire (64). Hopefully things will turn around in a year or two. But if my only option is to retire just to sit at home and do nothing because I have no money, I'm out.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JeffA: The longer the better in my opinion.
I had the foresight (along with many of my co-workers) to invest our retirement funds so we would have 100% medical coverage until death - this includes 100% dental, vision, prescriptions, unlimited medical coverage, assisted living covered 100% and nursing home coverage covered 100%. Our plan even REPAYS us for our "contributions" to Medicaire Plan B's - I just cashed a check from our plan for in excess of $1,900.00, for this Plan B repayment! I am gonna buy a gun with those funds.
I will be NO financial burden to anyone.
Again the LONGER I live the better - I enjoy life to much to even consider ending it - thats "why"!.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
JeffA: The longer the better in my opinion.
I had the foresight (along with many of my co-workers) to invest our retirement funds so we would have 100% medical coverage until death - this includes 100% dental, vision, prescriptions, unlimited medical coverage, assisted living covered 100% and nursing home coverage covered 100%. Our plan even REPAYS us for our "contributions" to Medicaire Plan B's - I just cashed a check from our plan for in excess of $1,900.00, for this Plan B repayment! I am gonna buy a gun with those funds.
I will be NO financial burden to anyone.
Again the LONGER I live the better - I enjoy life to much to even consider ending it - thats "why"!.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BULLLLL SHEEEITTTTT

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 222Sako, 49 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,266
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.