Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Curious how many consider this when buying.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will not buy a Chinese scope. There are simply too many cost and quality competitive non Chinese options.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Definitely do, Same with tools and other things. If there’s a choice, I’m not buying Chinese made anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I will not buy a Chinese scope. There are simply too many cost and quality competitive non Chinese options.

Your lack of support for the Chinese Communist Party will be duly noted on your social credit score.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Preference is European and free Asian Country optics second. Communist Chinese optics support tyranny, undermine democracy, and help fund abuse of human rights.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Which scope manufactures can put the “Made in America” label on their box?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I try to avoid anything made in China.

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I do also

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell! Made in Japan is likely the best way to go now. Ya can't count on the American or European companies to stay in house. Maybe it's not possible,,, for all practical purposes.

Taiwan or the Philippines not actually a bad place of mfr. considering China is last ditch IMO, but so many made there, what to do?

March,,, Nightforce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Japan. A hell of a thing. It used to mean The J.A. Pan Company.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I do. I try to only buy American on about everything. Stay away from Phillipine scopes also.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Mexico has gotta get in the game.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Are there any "Made in USA" scopes anymore? The "Made in USA" label is protected by the FTC and means that the product and the parts therein are actually made in the USA. "Built in the USA," "Designed in the USA", etc are all nebulous terms that really can mean about anything. Even "Made in USA with Globally Sourced Parts" is not the same as "Made in USA." And what "Made in Philippines" or "Made in Japan" really means is unclear, too. The FTC doesn't control those labels, as far as I know. Unless it says "*Made* in USA", where the components inside of your "Made in China" or "Made in Philippines" scopes comes from is pretty much unknown.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The reality is you just don't know where all the components in your optics are sourced from. Point of origin. Some say I buy Leupold but Leupold doesn't make lenses and prisms. They source it from Asia like most everyone else.

Zeiss makes plenty of chinesium products but they do own or at least did own Schott Glass Werks. Swarovski and Leica spec out lenses and prisms and apply their proprietary coating on them but don't manufacture "glass", and it's doubtful they manufacture all the internal components either. We just don't have a say when we purchase because none of these companies are going to declare where point of origin concerning their products and what % is sourced from China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Japan

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nothing Chinese

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Japan. Not Reupold.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 65BR

When I purchase I purchase the product. I leave political bravado to those inclined that way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

When I purchase I purchase the product. I leave political bravado to those inclined that way.

Slaves bow to their masters. That's how they became slaves.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gluckgluck4k
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Is that what the Reupold dealer rep told you lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes I pay attention to origin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Well...you would know all about that being as you have no business, no family, no prospects, no health, and no friends.

You should keep a firearm handy on Christmas eve.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unarmed slave bowing to her masters in Canberra but talking shit about the USA. To scared to to fight for freedom in Australia.

Originally Posted by JSlave on her knees begging the tyrants in Canberra

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Unarmed slave bowing to her masters in Canberra but talking shit about the USA. To scared to to fight for freedom in Australia.

Originally Posted by JSlave on her knees begging the tyrants in Canberra

Ahha...the bowser bitch is feeling special today. You should make that firearm a single shot 22 short, and take a couple of boxes to bed with you in case you feel like ending your diseased misery.

Cheery Christmas bubble guts...say hi to the kids.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Are there any "Made in USA" scopes anymore? The "Made in USA" label is protected by the FTC and means that the product and the parts therein are actually made in the USA. "Built in the USA," "Designed in the USA", etc are all nebulous terms that really can mean about anything. Even "Made in USA with Globally Sourced Parts" is not the same as "Made in USA." And what "Made in Philippines" or "Made in Japan" really means is unclear, too. The FTC doesn't control those labels, as far as I know. Unless it says "*Made* in USA", where the components inside of your "Made in China" or "Made in Philippines" scopes comes from is pretty much unknown.

Vortex Razor AMG 6-24……Made in the USA. The reticle is made in Germany I think..

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First thing I look at

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These threads are always amusing. While not a big chicom fan, I'd guess 1/3 to 1/2 of most everything in the average American household is Chinese nowadays. For the record, I have chicom, Jap, philipino, euro, and USA (assuming Leupy is actually made in USA)optics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Something I’ve always wondered for the hard core MIA crowd. How many of you are wearing made in the USA clothes? Shoes, Jackets, backpacks, duffle bags, etc? Honest question.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Something I’ve always wondered for the hard core MIA crowd. How many of you are wearing made in the USA clothes? Shoes, Jackets, backpacks, duffle bags, etc? Honest question.

I always look at labels, unless I am buying online, of everything that I buy. Finding USA made shoes, jackets, backpacks, duffle bags etc. is hard, though if there is a reasonable option, I'll take it. Avoiding the same made in China is easy, so I do it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I always look at labels, unless I am buying online, of everything that I buy. Finding USA made shoes, jackets, backpacks, duffle bags etc. is hard, though if there is a reasonable option, I'll take it. Avoiding the same made in China is easy, so I do it.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at current events, I think we have more in common with the free Asian countries than much of Yurrup, Korea in particular judging by their TV and movies. When buying, absent USA-made options, I have no qualms about stuff from Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, Hell even Vietnam is a foe of the CCP. Same goes for stuff from the freer Yurrupean nations like the Czech Republic. Fugg the French, and the Germans, and God help the Brits come to their senses.

I sense a subtle shift in the origins of goods of late. Seems like more stuff is coming from those Asian countries now, especially clothing.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less where your wifes dilda was made. this is the "Hunting Optics" forum, try and focus and stay on topic

Last edited by 338rcm; 12/23/23.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I wouldn’t say it’s hard, just more $.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes, origin is an important consideration for me.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anywhere but China, or Russia. USA and Japan being top choices.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How many stores do you think you'd have to go to in the Gonzalez Outlet Mall to find those items made in the USA? That's what I mean by hard.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

How many stores do you think you'd have to go to in the Gonzalez Outlet Mall to find those items made in the USA? That's what I mean by hard.

Pretty much internet order only around here

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Zeiss makes plenty of chinesium products but they do own or at least did own Schott Glass Werks. Swarovski and Leica spec out lenses and prisms and apply their proprietary coating on them but don't manufacture "glass", and it's doubtful they manufacture all the internal components either. We just don't have a say when we purchase because none of these companies are going to declare where point of origin concerning their products and what % is sourced from China.

Yes, Schott is owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation--but that doesn't mean all Schott glass is made in Germany. There are dozens of Schott factories around the world, including three in China....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
(assuming Leupy is actually made in USA)

It isn't "Made in USA." Some parts may be, and it may be assembled here. But this label does not equal "Made In USA."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FTC requires that "Made in USA" be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. Any "Assembled in USA", "Built in USA," etc, are not controlled by the FTC and are just terms to make a buyer think they are getting a "Made in USA" product. Leupold can't use "Made in USA" because it doens't meet the FTC requirement to use that label.

The US Gov't is required to "Buy American" and requires that "Made in USA" products be manufactured in the U.S. of more than 50 percent U.S. parts. Trijicon stamps many of their products "Made in USA" while acknowledging their lenses and some other parts are sourced from Japan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every Leupold part that requires maching is made in the USA. Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

The volume of lens Leupold requires to meet the demand for these high quality scopes is well beyond any USA supplier.

If one places any value on supporting USA manufacturing then Leupold has a step up on the competition.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

Don't tell Boeing that...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

Don't tell Boeing that...

They know.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by gunzo
Hell! Made in Japan is likely the best way to go now. Ya can't count on the American or European companies to stay in house. Maybe it's not possible,,, for all practical purposes.

Taiwan or the Philippines not actually a bad place of mfr. considering China is last ditch IMO, but so many made there, what to do?

March,,, Nightforce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Japan. A hell of a thing. It used to mean The J.A. Pan Company.

The March website has this right on the main page:

"Deon Optical Design are the creators and designers of MARCH Rifle Scopes, which are all hand-built in Japan by Japanese craftsmen using only genuine Japanese made parts to achieve the highest optical standards possible."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter

"Deon Optical Design are the creators and designers of MARCH Rifle Scopes, which are all hand-built in Japan by Japanese craftsmen using only genuine Japanese made parts to achieve the highest optical standards possible."

Nothing against March or the large number of Brands that peddle rebadged LOW scopes but nobody certifies that imported optics are truthful in Country of Origin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Apparently, the FTC has some say over that in the US, as well. "Made in...", other than "Made in USA," denotes the country of last major transformation. In other words, a product can be made 90% in China then sent to Germany for the final 10% and then a "Made in Germany" label can be attached. With anything other than "Made in USA," you simply do not know what you are getting. You can only hope the seller is being thruthful in telling you.

"Made in USA" is completely different. The FTC can, and does, bring legal actions against companies using the "Made in USA" label when the product does not meet the FTC criteria for the label.

I applaud Leupold for doing what they do in the US. But the simple fact is, if most of their scope was actually made in the USA, they would proudly afix the "Made in USA" label to it, instead of the nebulous label they are using. It's not a knock against Leupold. It's just the way it is. When buying a Leupold, I am fine with the fact that I'm buying from an American company that does SOME of the work here in the US.

As far as Leupold's lens requirements being in excess of the capabilities of any US lens supplier, it would seems a single lens would be in excess of the capabilities of US lens makers. What lens maker is there in the US making lenses for rifle scopes? As far as I know, none. Lens makers in the US are prinicpally making lens for glasses, and specialty lenses for scientific insturments and weapons. I don't know of a single lens maker in the US making lenses for rifle scopes.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Nothing against March or the large number of Brands that peddle rebadged LOW scopes but nobody certifies that imported optics are truthful in Country of Origin.

Congratulations, your post is ignorant, and (I could not decide between xenophobic or racist, so I am embracing the power of "and"), xenophobic, and racist. Other countries have laws about truth in advertising and some of these are a lot stricter than the loosey, goosey ones here in the US. Also, it appears that you are saying that March riflescopes are rebadged LOW scopes, and nothing, but absolutely nothing, could be further from the truth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The scopes produced there are "rebadged"?

Interesting take...

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by drop_point

Interesting take...

March scopes are made by Deon.

Scopes that are made by LOW can be different brands.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Congratulations, your post is ignorant, and (I could not decide between xenophobic or racist, so I am embracing the power of "and"), xenophobic, and racist. Other countries have laws about truth in advertising and some of these are a lot stricter than the loosey, goosey ones here in the US. Also, it appears that you are saying that March riflescopes are rebadged LOW scopes, and nothing, but absolutely nothing, could be further from the truth.

You need to read a book on Reading Comprehension. While you're studying look into fake outrage, you gots lots.

Originally Posted by Japlvr

Those that know.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/23/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by robertham1

Curious about that too. Good question and I apologize if I overlooked the answer to it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Curious about that too. Good question and I apologize if I overlooked the answer to it.

I don't have an exhaustive list. But some of Trijicon's optics (ACOGs, VCOGs, RMRs) meet the criteria and sport "Made In USA" on them, while other Trijicons are "Made in Japan." Night Force has some high end scopes that do as well. The NF USMC sniper scope that retails for over $5,000 is "Made in USA." There's probably others but "Made in USA" doesn't come cheap and they are almost certainly going to be high dollar scopes.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/23/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Burris XTR III made in USA.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Burris XTR III made in USA.

I understand they are "Designed, Machined and Assembled in USA." But that may be the newest offerings. If it says "Designed, Machined...", then it's not the same as "Made in USA."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't have an exhaustive list. But some of Trijicon's optics (ACOGs, VCOGs, RMRs) meet the criteria and sport "Made In USA" on them, while other Trijicons are "Made in Japan." Night Force has some high end scopes that do as well. The NF USMC sniper scope that retails for over $5,000 is "Made in USA." There's probably others but "Made in USA" doesn't come cheap and they are almost certainly going to be high dollar scopes.

Got a link for Made in USA Nightforce scopes?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Wizard could find that link

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
A Wizard could find that link

Might be a clue?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

The ATACR scopes are supposedly Made in the USA. This scope below is. It has to be by law to purchased by the US Gov't.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026663776?pid=716402

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

A cite from Nightforce. Not a resellers website.

Just cause it's funny to rub noses in poop here is Midways page for a Leupold.

Made in USA Leupold

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm starting to see why you have the reputation you do.

That "Made In USA" is a federally protected label. If Leupold starts selling their military scope, perhaps we'll see the same on a Leupold box.

Now show may ANY recently produced Leupold that is for sale to the general public with the same label. Not a "Desinged, Machined and Assembled in USA" label that means nothing.

Just in case you are confused between "Made In USA" and some ginned up label intended to obfuscate the real origin of a product, the FTC has a nice site on the issue. Read it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ATACR scopes are supposedly Made in the USA. This scope below is. It has to be by law to purchased by the US Gov't.

Nice edit and backpeddle.

You ran your suck about things you didn't understand and got called on it by THE WIZARD. It's a common story.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice edit? I was being generous to someone too lazy to look for himself.

Now, show me that Loopy "Made in USA" label. A "Wizard" should be able to find it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice edit? I was being generouys to someone too lazy to look for himself.

Noiw, show me that Loopy "Made in USA" label. A "Wizard" should be able to find it.

LOL.

You still have not provided a Nightforce link that claims "Made In USA".

And there is a reason. FTC has been crackin down on that stuff.

But you keep posting Midway links. Here's another.

Made in USA Leupold

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's on the Night Force box. I just posted a picture of it.

Now, show me the same label on a Loopy box.

Challenge on.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Wizard is currently unavailable. He's furiously scouring the internet for anything that meets the challenge.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

LOL. You really are trying though. I have to give you credit. When you schill, you go all out.

A cite from Nightforce. Not a resellers website.

Just cause it's funny to rub noses in poop here is Midways page for a Leupold.

Made in USA Leupold

This is the scope you linked to:

But Leupold itself says...

Better luck next time, though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s the point

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I understand his point: what MidwayUSA says is questionable. But that's not why I linked to it.

The ATACR I linked to is a gov't contract scope selected by the USMC as their sniper scope. Rergardless of what MidwayUSA might say, it must, by law, be "Made in the USA" to meet the "Buy American Act" requirement

And when I met his challenge to post a Nightforce claim of "Made In USA", "the Wizard" was graceless enough to not anknowledge it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10GlocksFukin
And BTW, I know the ATACR I linked to at Midway is actually "Made in USA" because it's the actual scope adopted by the USMC as their sniper scope. In order to selected, it must meet the "Buy American Act" that required the gov't to buy "Made In USA" products.

Why do tards think that deleting a post means the WIZARD won't see it?

Leupold sells many more scopes to the Mil than Nightforce.

10GlocksFukin still can't produce a link where Nightforce claims "Made in USA".

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
All that nyquil makin your eyes blurry? 😆

Last edited by qwk; 12/23/23.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And BTW, I know the ATACR I linked to at Midway is actually "Made in USA" because it's the actual scope adopted by the USMC as their sniper scope. In order to selected, it must meet the "Buy American Act" that required the gov't to buy "Made In USA" products.

LOL. "Made in USA" is on the box. That's pretty much a "Nightforce claim."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by qwk

Editing to cover the drunkenness is never not funny

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL. "Made in USA" is on the box. That's pretty much a "Nightforce claim."

Should be easy to post the cite from Nightforce.

Millions of Leupold boxes had Made in USA in the past.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by qwk

LOL.

Rick staples another drunktard to the wall of shame.

Originally Posted by Tactical Travis while sober

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
"In the past" is right. But those Nightforce boxes are for presently produced scopes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"In the past" is right. But those Nightforce boxes are for presently produced scopes.

Should be easy to show the class a current cite directly from Nightforce.

But you won't.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Should be easy to show the class a current cite directly from Nightforce.

But you won't.

That is a cite dierectly from Nightforce. "Made in USA" on presently produced scopes. You're so cute when you are intentionally obtuse. Well, maybe the obtuseness isn't intentional.

By the way, the video Stick posted. Did you really say all that?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by qwk

LOL.

Rick staples another drunktard to the wall of shame.

Originally Posted by Tactical Travis while sober

sound like the liberals calling people racist. that's the only game you got calling somebody names and accusing them of things that you haven't got a clue about.

looks to me a lot from the past Little Ricky's got his own issues at home plenty of court cases involving him there in Albuquerque so one might want to be a bit careful what you mild on the internet about others.

and then what about all the tax issues for poor Johnny boy what about gray bull precision??

Last edited by ldholton; 12/23/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IdiotHolton drunk as ususal
sound like the liberals calling people racist. that's the only game you got calling somebody names and accusing them of things that you haven't got a clue about.

looks to me a lot from the past Little Ricky's got his own issues at home plenty of court cases involving him there in Albuquerque so one might want to be a bit careful what you mild on the internet about others.

and then what about all the tax issues for poor Johnny boy what about gray bull precision??

A few more and IdiotHoltons going to pass out.

Originally Posted by IdiotHolton Merry Christmas.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by IdiotHolton drunk as ususal

A few more and IdiotHoltons going to pass out.

Originally Posted by IdiotHolton Merry Christmas.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
more false accusations by you not surprised though. I've read a good part of this thread and you started out in this and another thread as reasonable person and it's a night wears on you have become your normal [bleep] self so you tell me who's heavy in it..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
more false accusations by you not surprised though. I've read a good part of this thread and you started out in this and another thread as reasonable person and it's a night wears on you have become your normal [bleep] self so you tell me who's heavy in it..

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Burns is on an Epic tear.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk

I don’t drink. Type fast, but no alcohol. My gunsmith says its bad for the liver. How’s the roach farm goin?

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Why stop when he only sells 50 rifles a year. He’s got nothin to lose. Literally.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD making them Dance

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Orvis caps, purchased in person from an Orvis store at $30 each, were made in chiney.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by drop_point

Interesting take...

Of course they can be different brands. But that doesn't mean they are "rebadged".

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
For me, both binos, and scopes I stay European. Swaro, Leica, Meopta. Same with mountain climbing boots if I can find them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure, consideration is given. Its not going to make or break the decision.

I'm not going to spend money on something that doesn't perform or spec out how I want.

Frankly not a lot of new production checks boxes of "What I want" so I go clean, used anyway. Moot at that point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I go out of my way to avoid Chinese products. I prefer US, European, or Japanese. My only Chinese made optics are a Holosun and an Avalon. There both good optics.

The Chinese are more than capable of manufacturing quality products but I try to avoid buying from a communist country that runs roughshod over human rights.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I ALWAYS look and ALWAYS buy USA made first. European second and I only buy anything from the Pacific rim if I have to.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Never expected to get so many replies, but I would suspect events in recent times has caused a pause from many to support the CCP, understandably when they want to rule the world and using U$D to move the ball forward.

Appreciate the feedback, good knowledge. Thanks folks.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
[quote=FSJeeper]Preference is European and free Asian Country optics second. Communist Chinese optics support tyranny, undermine democracy, and help fund abuse of human rights.[/quote

x2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
... recent times has caused a pause from many to support the CCP, understandably when they want to rule the world and using U$D to move the ball forward...

They innovate nothing. Everything thing they know has been stolen or forced to be given to them in return for dirt cheap labor. The workers, no matter what they build, work in poor conditions. The Chinese provide no services. It is an entire economy built on manufacturing. And a little bit of every $ earned, and maybe a lot of everty $ earned, goes to building their military.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I honestly DGAF about the human rights/working conditions etc…. They allowed their country to become what it is.
They seek to control our Govt, economy, currency and ultimately me and my family. That’s why I say Fugk China anytime there’s a viable choice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I try to from Chinese crap. I know I end up getting a lot of their crap.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
The european optics have my vote, but it's hard to argue with Leupold for a good all around hunting optic.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

732 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,526 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,736
Posts18,475,959
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.