Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by ldholton
I've got a BMR. and I put one of the hawke 4-12 x 42 with the subsonic rimfire reticle. I love the combination and it is very accurate when fed appropriate ammo... mine gets better diet variety of SK stuff.

I guess I should note mine is the steel barrel version
Awesome! Have you grouped it at 50yds yet?
I'll try to shoot it some more in the next couple days and take pictures. but it's definitely well under half inch. I would say the best groups are in the . 3 - .5 what mine shoots really well is the SK standard Plus or the old SK magazine that came in a red can kind of greasy

I have not shot any upper end ammo yet this time I did not feel the need for my purpose.

now if your questioning what I go by I also have some old CZ 452s that shoot very well equal to this yeah probably. but maybe a little less forgiving on ammo...
and then I have my shilen barrelled custom 40x bench gun.

which will shoot without wind in the low . 2 -.1

the best part is the red can magazine version of SK I have lots of I mean like 50,000 rounds of. it is the exact velocity the reticle in that hawk scope is calibrated too and I mean this thing is dead nuts accurate to 200 yards.. I have to go look it up cuz I may miss quote this but I believe that velocity is 1080

I'm kind of unfair of losing this gun because I let my wife shoot at some and she is absolutely in love with this... with a suppressor on it of course..

Last edited by ldholton; 12/21/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here's a fun shoot. This was shot with a BMR:

I didn't shoot it, my 10/22 does better.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I love that style of stock, but that one needs a Schnabel. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22

Every time I see those stocks, I think of a dog running with its tail tucked between its legs.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
My BMR Steel is my favorite 22lr rifle. I have a few others in this price range including CZ-455 thumbhole target, Christensen Arms Ranger, Volquartsen’d 10/22, and a few others.
The Bergara isn’t always the most accurate across all ammunition that I tested with, but it always seemed to be no lower than second .
It’s not as good as a Bergara B-14R at long range (270+), but it’s 4-5 lbs lighter.
Other people shot it at the Coopersville get together and were pretty impressed with it. “This is hard to beat for a $600 rifle” was the common sentiment.
Buy one, the steel barrel model is a hundred cheaper than the carbon barrel. I haven’t done a comparison between a steel vs carbon BMR’s but I haven’t seen or heard much about them (carbon wrapped barrels) being as or more accurate than a regular steel barrel. personally find the weight and balance on this one to be just right.
Hopefully I will have some time after the first of the year to shoot targets and post pics.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by K22

Every time I see those stocks, I think of a dog running with its tail tucked between its legs.

If you have a rifle with that style of stock you will keep your head more erect instead of crawling the stock. I shoot much better with my head up.

Last edited by K22; 12/22/23.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
My BMR Steel is my favorite 22lr rifle. I have a few others in this price range including CZ-455 thumbhole target, Christensen Arms Ranger, Volquartsen’d 10/22, and a few others.
The Bergara isn’t always the most accurate across all ammunition that I tested with, but it always seemed to be no lower than second .
It’s not as good as a Bergara B-14R at long range (270+), but it’s 4-5 lbs lighter.
Other people shot it at the Coopersville get together and were pretty impressed with it. “This is hard to beat for a $600 rifle” was the common sentiment.
Buy one, the steel barrel model is a hundred cheaper than the carbon barrel. I haven’t done a comparison between a steel vs carbon BMR’s but I haven’t seen or heard much about them (carbon wrapped barrels) being as or more accurate than a regular steel barrel. personally find the weight and balance on this one to be just right.
Hopefully I will have some time after the first of the year to shoot targets and post pics.
Great info! Thank you for sharing

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a BMR steel barrel. It is suprisely accurate. I never shot it with the stock trigger but put in a Trigger Tech Primary as soon as I got it. I did put a 20 moa rail on also.

T
T
I've got a BMR, steel barrel, I shimmed the factory rail, dropped on a Vortex Viper, and adjusted the trigger as light as it will go. The gun shoots one ragged hole at 50 yds off a bag with quality ammunition, is light, short, and comes with two mags. Quite a bit of plastic on it, but it is a quality rifle. Very evenly matched with CZ and Tikka. If you can, look at all three and choose what feels the best to you. You can't make a bad choice from those three.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have the steel one. It's not a rifle your going to go all day hiking with in the squirrel woods. This is a bench gun. It's MOA for me for ten shots at 100 if the wind and I don't mess it up. I'm shooting match ammo, although I am not a match shooter. I put in a Jewell and set it for 3 ounces, and right now I'm shooting Lapua OSP through it. I have a tuner on it. Am thinking of getting a suppressor for it, on one of those buy-one-get-one deals. You can do better with a Vudoo or Anshutz, getting maybe another 1/4 maybe 3/8's of an inch smaller group or so at 100 with match ammo and a relatively high-powered scope. But that smaller group is going to be 500-2000 dollars if that matters to you. I am happy with this rifle, it shoots to my ability, and it's adult-sized, with an adult LOP.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What sucks is we have to rely on places like Youtube and the like, to watch who knows what shooting a rifle and maybe showing a good representation of that rifle. Most guys there don't. That or if some of us actually have said rifle and can post pictures of our targets shot. One reason I start some of the threads I do. It shows a good representation of the rifles I post about. I'm really surprised more guys don't have these, and can't post up some targets. I tire pretty quickly of watching Youtube videos, where some guys are doing side by side comparisons too, as it seems like they may not be representing the rifles accurately. Like I've posted before, I was in the market for a good accurate 22lr bolt action, but not if it isn't going to shoot as good as my damn 10/22's I have. The cheap azzed Savage MKII FVT I started a thread on, seems to outshoot even some of these CZ's, BMR's, and Tikka's. I know we can all say we have 1/4 moa rifles, but targets really tell the story. Too bad there are not more of those posted. Could be a big help.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I agree with you bsa, targets do show what a rifle is capable of right along with the shooter. I understand there are those who are quite happy with hitting a golf ball at 50yds. with their favorite rimfire rifle and that is perfectly ok. Me, I prefer to hit empty 22lr. shell casing at that distance or try to shoot 1/4" or better groups at 50yds. with a sporter weight rifle, but that is just me.
Nowadays, as I've aged, I'm not able to consistently do those 1/4" groups any more, sad, but I still like to try. Add to that the higher cost of shooting and a somewhat fixed income and my practice days have been lessened by a lot.
Some of the new rimfires coming out have really caught my eye, the Bergara BMR is one of them, along with the Steyr, but as things are now, I'll have to be satisfied with the ones I own.
In my opinion, one of the finest rimfire rifles every built besides the KDF K22 is the Kimber K22 Hunter Classic. Very, accurate rifles right out of the box with a bit of the old school look.

So let's see more targets and rifle photo's............ grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been shopping for a new .22 lr rifle and narrowed it down to the Bergara, Tikka Tx1, and CZ 457. PAA had the Bergara on clearance, but when I looked th other day, they were out. I went looking locally and also added the Springfield to the mix. I ended up ordering a CZ457, and if it shoots half as good as I hear, I’ll be happy.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the Bergara BMR steel barrel and a tikka t1x. Shot the tikka the past few years in outdoor ara and did pretty well. Recently acquired the BMR and maybe a fluke thing but son of a gun this thing impressed me!!! I was at our local club plinking with it since I did a 2oz trigger on it testing eley match lots and got one lot shooting pretty decent… a fellow member was there that owns a BMR also and he asked how mine was shooting I said pretty well. He brought me a box of lapua cx said if it shoots decent try this. WOW, like I said may have been a fluke but put 3 in the same hole! So now I’m anxious to try some oil bullets vs the wax I had been using!

I should add, my biggest con with the BMR is it’s next to impossible to load single shot without using the mag!

Last edited by Bodkin84; 02/11/24.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,266 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,127
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.