Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Use an ear wax candle

Not.

Those are hyped, but don't do anything useful. Probably don't hurt anything, but they have been proven a hoax long ago.

Tell me it ain't so, lol

Ya gotta go and spoil everything

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I used q tips daily for years. One day I couldn’t hear. Ears clogged up as a fugk. Went to the doc and he told me to never use q tips. He said you’re just pushing wax down deeper.
🤷‍♂️ Worked fine until it didn’t.

He used a water pik with warm water. It was amazing.

I use a syringe and warm water.

The Q-Tip procedure is a developed fine art.

It's best when preformed as a preventive maintenance procedure multiple times a week.

It's common in what some consider to be their routine personal hygiene habits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My ears produce lots of wax that needs cleaning out so it doesn't clog my hearing aids.
Those squeeze squirt things used to suck snot out of a baby's nose work very well for washing ears. A few drops of peroxide dissolves wax very well and is a lot cheaper than the commercial ear wax removers. Use the squirter to put a few drops of peroxide in then hold your head sideways for a few minutes to let it work. Then wash it out.
Once you get them clean, a weekly use of a q-tip with some mineral oil will remove small amounts of wax.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 54Woody
A couples drops of Hydrogen Peroxide will soften and loosen, then rinse in the shower and wipe clean with a q-tip. Do this once a week.

Once a month here but use a little squeeze bulb to flush

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My ears produce lots of wax that needs cleaning out so it doesn't clog my hearing aids.
Those squeeze squirt things used to suck snot out of a baby's nose work very well for washing ears. A few drops of peroxide dissolves wax very well and is a lot cheaper than the commercial ear wax removers. Use the squirter to put a few drops of peroxide in then hold your head sideways for a few minutes to let it work. Then wash it out.
Once you get them clean, a weekly use of a q-tip with some mineral oil will remove small amounts of wax.

When we had babies I used about that same terminology - until our oldest, at about age 10 and having become somewhat polite, said: Daddy, the proper term is "nasal aspirator".

I kept that little bulb (bought in 1961) and still use it for ears and nose as others described.

Also saved a few of the cloth Curity diapers from those happy days - keep one or two in each saxophone/clarinet case for wipe down after playing.

Ears have been important - fingers, too.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stinky old man syndrome, reverting to childhood again, don’t like to bathe, goes to gun shows smelling like cat pee and sour milk. Only wants to eat sweets and watch tv, stays in a recliner all day smelling like ass, laptop in lap, munching on Funyuns, farting. Poopie pants wearing a diaper.
Gets mad easily, fleas in beard, ice cream and crumbs in beard, never washes cock or ass crack. Wash cloth wipe down once a week. Wears same clothes for 2 weeks.

Wants to be called “Jerry” instead of Gerald.

Hearing aids come with a cleaning kit unless you got them from the As Seen On TV Store in Gstlinburg for $14.99 and you should maintain them weekly

If not, order some small dental micro bristle cleaning tips for using around your probably rotten last 3 teeth
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Most doctors will tell you not to use q-tips because most people end up just packing the wax even worse.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nasty fugk

I drill mine out with q-tips about once a week.

Bullshit! All that does is pack it down even more!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

This is my tool of choice. About every 2 months or so.

My ears make enough wax to do floors.

V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
Well I fixed my ear wax problem in 2 days and I can hear ok again. I had already tried almost everything that was suggested (except for using a water pik) and I ended up using the DEBROX ear wax remover kit. The instructions say to put 10 drops each ear, put cotton in your ears so it won't run out, leave it in for a few minutes and then then flush your ears out with warm water. Do this twice a day for up to 4 days. The first time I waited 3 minutes and nothing came out of either ear. I got a very small amount out with q-tips. The next day I put 10 drops in my left ear while I was laying down so it would go all the way down and waited 5 full minutes. When I flushed my left ear with warm water big chunks of ear wax came out. The same thing happened with my right ear. The next day smaller chunks came out of both ears in the morning and no wax came out that evening.

I ordered a WIFI ear camera from Amazon $28.13 and it will work on your phone or laptop. When I get it and make sure I got all the ear wax out I'll go back to Costo for another hearing test.

Last edited by victoro; 12/24/23.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Good. My medical provider, Kaiser, had me use mineral oil. Three drops in each ear for three minutes. Got most of it out. Need to do it once a week. When I shower, I rinse my ears with warm water.
I, too, used Q-tips for years. Got some out, but it packed the ears with wax over time. So, I don't use them deep inside my ears any longer. E

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nasty fugk

Slummy, Q-tips just pack it in tighter.
I just go to my nurse practitioner to get it removed.
Gets worse (more common) after you wind up with hearing aids.

Last edited by mark shubert; 12/23/23.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ever been talking to some old nasty fugg and when they turn sideways, it looks like peanut butter is oozing out of their ear hole?

Do some of you not have any body awareness…like “ohh I should take a shower, or blow your breath into your cupped hands? Oh I should brush my teeth before mixing it up with the public..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Nasty fugk

Only if you’re heavy handed and waited 6 months too long.

Don’t ram it in the as if youre packing a canon wad. Spin it in, spin it out, catch small bits of wax on the fibers. Cmon man

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Nasty fugk

Only if you’re heavy handed and waited 6 months too long.

Don’t ram it in the as if youre packing a canon wad. Spin it in, spin it out, catch small bits of wax on the fibers. Cmon man
Still rams it in - trust me.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.