Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Hoping I listed this in the right place.
Had trouble with a couple pairs of Primos Tall trigger sticks endorsed by Jim Shockey. I'm not knocking these at all as we've got a lot of use out of them over the years. Found out that the moisture and or water gets into the bottom or possibly works it's way through the top down the legs and as there's aluminum against steel being two dissimilar metals the one leg on the one pair really gave me a time taking it apart carefully without ruining it and then assembling with anti seize to prevent from further happening again. Naturally when you squeeze the trigger at that moment you expect the legs to quietly drop down and hold their position as they're working as they should or used too now. I also sprayed silicone on the inside of the tubes after cleaning to keep them slippery as needed. Just some maintenance that went unnoticed before the start of hunting season.
HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
GB1

J
J
Oh, nice to know. My dad is down near Columbus and looking for some shooting sticks. I'll have to let him know. Also, I seen your thread last year about the Ruger M77 trigger. Where did you get your spring from? I hate my trigger pull and looking to reduce it. Thanks.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
jerryjr,
erniethegunsmithyahoo.com is where I got the Trigger Spring for my Ruger 77! Very Good Service and Professional. With a very informative web site.

On the shooting Sticks;
I didn't like how one of the legs was performing with the Anti-seize as I did a test on one set with two legs using white lithium spray grease and those two are working fine and the anti-seize leg is sluggish so I'll take that one apart and clean it and apply the lithium grease! The reason I tried the anti-seize is it's recommended in this application with two dissimilar metals being Aluminum and steel in contact with each other. Even a brand new set could possibly have these issues but I can't say for sure as these are the first gen and not gen 2 or gen 3! I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new set if needed but I would take a look at the inside and lube as needed as everything I read on the web and about the Primos sticks all say the same thing. 'They don't respond quickly or at all on the Primos site and issues aren't really addressed". I've only read this several times on several sites and haven't experienced this myself. I still can't and won't knock their Trigger sticks as we put them through heck and have gotten a lot of use out of them! Just making a few small improvements on them.

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 11/29/23.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
J
J
Thank you very much.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You might try WD40 dry lube. Hard to find but is a miracle worker on some things.

Fourth Generation Border Rat
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,664 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.