Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
men tote a pocket knife today? Personally if I've got my britches on I've got a knife and it's razor sharp! Young child died in a vehicle because a truck collided with parents car and kid was trapped with seatbelt because person couldn't get seatbelt loose and NO KNIFE!! Fuel cell ignited and blew and child lost!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I carry an original, made in the USA, Old Timer peanut every day. Wouldn't be without it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
wife and I have both a gun and knife on us probably 95% of the time if we are clothed and out of the house. Mostly inside the house too for that matter.

If I reach for a knife and there isn't one I'm lost. Wife is too. I sharpen her about 6 or so for the 6 or more months a year I"m gone. So she has sharp ones at hand. to top that off she carries an automatic d2 steel one for defense along with any of her guns.

Key chains usually have seat belt cutters and glass breakers on them, though the glass breaker part has to be used multiple times to break auto glass usually. sOmetimes you swear it won't work at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All day...everyday.
Since I was about 8yrs old.(turned 65 in Oct)

And yes..I have needed to cut seatbelts a couple of times.

Maybe it's a Tradesman/ Michigan man thing, but probably
90% of those I know do as well..quite a few Ladies also.

Last edited by sparkman10mm; 12/25/23.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rost495
wife and I have both a gun and knife on us probably 95% of the time if we are clothed and out of the house. Mostly inside the house too for that matter.

If I reach for a knife and there isn't one I'm lost. Wife is too. I sharpen her about 6 or so for the 6 or more months a year I"m gone. So she has sharp ones at hand. to top that off she carries an automatic d2 steel one for defense along with any of her guns.

Key chains usually have seat belt cutters and glass breakers on them, though the glass breaker part has to be used multiple times to break auto glass usually. sOmetimes you swear it won't work at all.

When you move Alaska? Last time we talked you were in Texas I believe!

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I carry a Buck 380-1, It's about 2-1/2" long. I keep it sharp, a dull knife is dangerous and useless...

Merry Christmas to all you Fockers...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pocket folder clipped in one pocket, pocket pistol in the other when I leave the house.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All the time. Knife in my right pocket, pocket watch in the left

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
all the time.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Everyday. It's usually a Benchmade but lately it's been a Havalon Redi.

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For the last six decades ( I'm 67 ) if I have pants on, there is a locking folder in my left front pocket.
For the last three decades it's a Benchmade or an Ontario Rat.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Resident since 2019. But a snowbird so am in TX for some months in the winter and always will be. Wife decided the winters are too dark to be there year around. Works out just fine for me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now that I don't work where it's disallowed, I always have my Snap-On 70th Anniversary folding Kershaw, 2 1/2". Nice to see it get used now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Always. Usually a Benchmade Presidio, sometimes a mini bugout or buck 110 /112. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyday.

Always amazed guys (and gals) that i work with that don’t carry a knife…

“You got a knife i can open this wooden crate with? “

Nope… sure dont…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Resident since 2019. But a snowbird so am in TX for some months in the winter and always will be. Wife decided the winters are too dark to be there year around. Works out just fine for me.

K Be careful up thar! Thar bees injuns in dem hills Pilgrum! Lol

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
men tote a pocket knife today? Personally if I've got my britches on I've got a knife and it's razor sharp! Young child died in a vehicle because a truck collided with parents car and kid was trapped with seatbelt because person couldn't get seatbelt loose and NO KNIFE!! Fuel cell ignited and blew and child lost!!
Yipe...

When I was in the greenhouse business I always had a pocketknife with me... These days, when I'm working at the farm I have a 2.5" Buck folding knife in a sheath on my belt.. Always came in handy for opening inoculant pouches and during times when I had to cut material out of the hay head during harvest..

But for everyday wear now I usually do not have one 'on' me, but almost always 'with' me... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've always carried one for as long as I can
remember. This last decade or so I've been
carrying 2- one on each side so either hand
can access one

Most of the higher dollar ones have been
sold and usually have a decent sharp
expendable something that I won't have
to cry over if it needs to abandon ship

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Feral_American
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lost a sodbuster in my youth many years ago. Saw one on a display a year ago and had to buy the stupid thing for nostalgia. They should lock these days... but its ok. its fun having it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,188
Posts18,484,884
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.