Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Who uses them? What do you like/don't like about them? I personally don't really care for tech and don't wear accessories like a watch. However, I now have one. Trying to figure out what I've evidently been missing out on ๐Ÿ˜†.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I love watches, especially mechanical. They have a soul in my opinion. I also have an Apple watch that I will wear for one of two reasons. One when I am working out and trying to hit certain targets. The other time is when I need to "feel" notifications from my phone ringing or messages.

I keep my phone in my front pocket on vibrate and never seem to feel it well. I can feel my watch vibrate much easier.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Aren't "smart" devices of all kinds mostly for dumb people who think they need to spend truckloads of money on the latest fad? The same kind of idiots think they have to trade cars every couple of years and stay in perpetual debt all their lives. They also buy every new gun that hits the market. P.T. Barnum really liked those kinds of folks!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Longbob
I love watches, especially mechanical. They have a soul in my opinion. I also have an Apple watch that I will wear for one of two reasons. One when I am working out and trying to hit certain targets. The other time is when I need to "feel" notifications from my phone ringing or messages.

I keep my phone in my front pocket on vibrate and never seem to feel it well. I can feel my watch vibrate much easier.

Sums it up for me as well! I pretty much only wear my Apple watch for work (meeting notifications, messages, etc).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i gave up watches a long time ago and don't need something strapped to my wrist tracking my every movement and providing the "data" to the collectors of that info, along with whatever other uses a smart watch might provide.

Good luck with yours

or sell it and buy some prepper food or gold or such

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I use Fitbit versa III,steps taken, stars climbed,heart rate, weather ,call notifications,emails heart rate, and altimeter.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
Who uses them? What do you like/don't like about them? I personally don't really care for tech and don't wear accessories like a watch. However, I now have one. Trying to figure out what I've evidently been missing out on ๐Ÿ˜†.

I bought an Apple watch about six months ago specifically to track sleep and it works pretty well. I also use the heart rate monitor quite a bit and find that useful. I rarely use any of the other apps since I normally have the phone on me or nearby.

The watch is boring and ugly.

I don't have many watches now but my next will be a Casio G-Shock GWR-B1000

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Michael Knight and Kit don't get the credit they deserve Imho.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The only info I need from my watch is time and date.

I guess my boomer is showing. frown

Last edited by JeffyD; 12/26/23.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Garmin Fenix 7x Sapphire Solar was probably one of the greatest things Iโ€™ve bought for myself. Great health statistics and applications. I havenโ€™t even scratched the surface yet with mine.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When I can get away without my phone, I use a dial watch to tell me the time. (Date not necessary, usually)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molษ”ฬ€หn Labรฉ Skรฝla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I call my wife's Apple watch her Dick Tracy two-way wrist radio. She had it on the bathroom counter while taking a shower and heard voices coming from it as she dried off. Her watch called 911 thinking she had fallen. She turned that function off.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Aren't "smart" devices of all kinds mostly for dumb people who think they need to spend truckloads of money on the latest fad? The same kind of idiots think they have to trade cars every couple of years and stay in perpetual debt all their lives. They also buy every new gun that hits the market. P.T. Barnum really liked those kinds of folks!
Could also be for guys who run 3 businesses in 3 states and need to not miss important communications.
That said, I have looked at smart watches, but after going watchless for a couple of decades, I'm not sure I could go easily go back to wearing one. I know quite a few business men who seem to like them.

Last edited by 280shooter; 12/26/23.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never owned one, but I did wear a fit bit for several months. The sleep data is the most interesting bit for me.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"One when I am working out and trying to hit certain targets."

What targets? Smart watches don't give you actual real time data.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by victoro
"One when I am working out and trying to hit certain targets."

What targets? Smart watches don't give you actual real time data.

They do. I am referring to time and heart rate targets for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
I use Fitbit versa III,steps taken, stars climbed,heart rate, weather ,call notifications,emails heart rate, and altimeter.

and sleep

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
The other time is when I need to "feel" notifications from my phone ringing or messages.

I could see that being beneficial for myself.

I'm still on the fence with this thing. Guess I'll try it for a few days and go from there.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My Apple Watch came in handy when I was working. I was constantly getting calls and text. Now retired donโ€™t need it as much. Also canโ€™t find it. Not sure if I lost it or put is somewhere and canโ€™t recall.

Thanks, Billy
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by JeffyD
The only info I need from my watch is time and date.

I guess my boomer is showing. frown

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 37 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.