Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But you didn't answer my question...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Help me to understand why this matters?

Originally Posted by MikeS
A picture of a cartridge... how cool as that!

What is the BC of your 147 grain bullet at the 175 yard line?

[Linked Image]

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But you didn't answer my question...

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery and your only "move",as you tread water and suck ass. Hint.

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll assume you don't know the answer to my question then. I am curious about the atmospherics you show in JBM though, not what I pictured for your location.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Droolers are a fhuqking hoot! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
6.5 Kreed' 147 ELD-M Factory Fodder,wears a .697 G1 BC. I hear good thangs,though roll my own. Hint.

Physics reliably hurts tender feelers. Hint................

This is an amazing combo. I do not shoot, nor pick apart nearly as many loads as you do, but for my needs, the 147 loaded to 2745fps, does not make deer very happy. They also are incredibly accurate in both of my Creeds, and the one .260 that I have tried them in. Win, win.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the picture, but still not looking like the 0% humidity in your JBM data.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a great melding,that will keep a guy out of trouble,near and far. Hint.

They've done exceptionally on Brown Bear,Grizzly,Black Bear,Mooseses,Elk,Caribouski,Goats,Sheep,Woofs and all flavors of Venison. It's an EASY default button to mash and has stolen the stage in these part and folks I know. Nobody has stepped up and changed course. Hint.

I shoot 'em in Kreed,260,260AI,6.5-06 and 264Win. They are best in the Kreed',because you can't drive them fast enough to compromise penetration,even at spittin' distances. They reliably hurt the very Tender Feelers of Drooling Dumbfhuqks and that never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.................(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the picture, but still not looking like the 0% humidity in your JBM data.

Sweetheart,

Feel free to enter the values,that satiate your Raging Estrogen Levels the best. Then simply pop (3) Midol and insert 1000cc's of Vagisil in your usual locations,as you Re-Hissy your Fit and talk out your Amazingly Fhuqking CLUELESS Ass. You Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Help me to understand why this matters?

A picture of a cartridge... how cool as that!

What is the BC of your 147 grain bullet at the 175 yard line?

[Linked Image]

Because he’s only shooting out to 175 yards?

BC Is just a number, matters to some but not most.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just curious as to how many understand that at 175 yards it is no longer the .697 G1 as quoted but is lower. At 300 yards it is lower still. I'm not one to get too hung up on minute differences in mfr. provided BCs. The air density you are shooting through is something to pay attention to though as ranges extend.

Last edited by MikeS; 12/26/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by beretzs
FWIW I know a National Champion FTR shooter who uses the 215 grain Bergers.

I'd guess out of the longer barrels they aren't exactly slow either are they Mike?

I'll confirm Thursday if I remember to ask, but I'd guess 2550 FPS. They do arc up much higher than a 155 at 3010 FPS, easy to miss the trace at first.

Thanks Mike. Appreciate it. Even 2550 isn't exactly slow for such a slippery bullet.

2550 FPS +/- depending on powder lot. N150 in a long throated FTR chamber. Wouldn't work in a typical .308 hunting rifle magazine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike,

A distinction without a difference.

The difference in BC at 175 vs at the muzzle is so trivial that it plays an insignificant role in where the bullet lands, all things being equal.

Maybe comes into play for a 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor past 600, depending on bullet and speed. On deer sized game, the shooter and the animal will never be able to tell the difference in point of impact due to BC variables from 0 to 600 yards.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Mike,

A distinction without a difference.

The difference in BC at 175 vs at the muzzle is so trivial that it plays an insignificant role in where the bullet lands, all things being equal.

Maybe comes into play for a 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor past 600, depending on bullet and speed. On deer sized game, the shooter and the animal will never be able to tell the difference in point of impact due to BC variables from 0 to 600 yards.

David,
Exactly, that is the point and why I said to not get too hung up on minute BC differences. Selecting one bullet because it has a slightly higher published BC than another brand is often a distinction without a difference in real world applications. Kind of like seeing hunting rifle groups measured to a thousandths of an inch.

And then there is the individual bullet to bullet BC variation.

Last edited by MikeS; 12/28/23.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A $20 bill,is never not bigger than a $10 bill,no matter the pitch or frequency of the Whine. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But those don't blow up mid flight like the Hornadys can and do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,if you say you “blew up” a .697 BC 147gr ala Kreed’. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have not blown one up, don't shoot that cartridge, but that does not mean I have not been squadded with shooters in matches that have.. The 7mm 180s have an even worse reputation.

Perhaps it is your dry climate that keeps it from happening in your location

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I “only” shoot the .284” .796 BC 180 in 7-08,7-08AI,Mouser,284Win,280,280AI and 7mmRemMag,though I keep meaning to build a 284 Kreed’. I’ve yet to zook one and have probably only shot 15,000 or so. Barely get 180” of rain. You are doing “GREAT!”. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The "dry climate" was referring to the atmospheric data you provided earlier in this thread, I took you at your word... guess you were doing just OK that day.

I can only post what I have seen at my local ranges, which host some big matches BTW. Great they are working so well for you.

Apparently others have had similar experiences.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/hornady-147-eldm-blowing-up.7013159/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/147-ELDMs-Blowing-Up-Finally-caught-up-to-me-/10-9707/

A lot of other reports out there as well.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.