Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 255 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 254 255
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
[quote=Al_Nyhus]Elevation and windage adjusters from the same scope as the previously pictured reticle cell. It tracked erratically, especially the windage. It would seemingly move, then stop, then back up or jump forward. It gave it's owner quite a bit of grief on paper and the same traits were seen on my scope checker when I was later asked to check it.

These are the adjusters. If you look closely, you can see there's a little stem of brass inside the middle of the brass insert. This stem is adjusted to be in contact with the erector and move it with adjustment changes. Look even closer...you can see that one stem protrudes from the insert while the other does not:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is the elevation adjuster. You can faintly see a light mark on the erector where the stem has made contact. So far, so good. The stem could be a a bit further out but not too bad, all in all.

And here is the windage adjuster. Since the stem wasn't adjusted from the factory to be further out than the lower edge of the insert, the entire periphery of the insert bears against the erector tube when adjustments are made. It's already begun to dig into the erector tube as the marks clearly show. Bingo...there's the problem. wink

Both stems have been readjusted, sealed to prevent movement and a couple other rubs done to the pivot joint. The wear marks on the erector from the windage adjuster aren't a problem since the stem is in the middle of them all around the travel cycle.

Again, this is essentially a new scope with less than 100 rounds on it. Had this scope been checked on a quality scope checker before going on the rifle, this problem would have stuck out like a sore thumb and it could have been returned. He may have gotten a better one as a replacement or they might have tried to fix this one. Not exactly confidence inspiring either way. This is simply poor quality control at the manufacturer on the assembly line with a complete disregard to the customer.

For those interested in this stuff, feel free to copy these images and save them for reference. smile

Plus, you'll be ahead of the curve when an M.C.P'er (Master Copy Paster) whips these down the road to show people his tooling and jigs. grin

Good shootin' smile -Al[/quoteπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Last edited by ldholton; 12/26/23.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by SKane
That's a great buck. No wonder you use it in different pictures and settings.

You, ummmmm.....you're the one that asked to see a pict with his face in it.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

No I didn't ask to see his face.

I commented on his fear of showing pictures with faces unless it was a kid.

I also commented he used another picture of that same buck in a different setting and implied a 16 yr old girl killed it.

So truthfully I did not see that picture coming for a few reasons but I did see the Leupold Gold Rings in the pictures he posted.

In addition, I find the over use of Gifs on the site to be getting out of hand and will be talking to Rick Bin about such wastes of bandwidth.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I think we are seeing a solid trend here in that those that can do don't spend much time bitching about what others use on their rifles.

Are you too drunk or stupid to realize you are the one that started b itching in this thread?

All because someone doesn't love the s hit product you get paid (or got paid) to shill....you are a sad fat b itch.

This is so exciting.

Will Leupold be able to keep up with the ChiComs? Not looking good but maybe it will be a Cinderella story?

I, like all the Fans, can't wait for more pictures of "pretend" hunting, staged shots, and "wares that exist".

Yeah.

I called it pretty early. It's what WIZARDs do but really Sammie Davis saw this faked picture shit show coming.

John, a 16 year old girl did kill it. She would be the small human to my right. Im also curious where you have seen me comment on Leupold? But yes, you were whining about not seeing me. So boo!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great info as usual Al, thanks for posting. Is there an easy was to refill them with nitrogen after the work? Just curious, it's heavier than air nature could help facilitate that it seems.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
John, a 16 year old girl did kill it. She would be the small human to my right. Im also curious where you have seen me comment on Leupold? But yes, you were whining about not seeing me. So boo!

LOL.

What kind of a shit bird holds the head on someone elses Big Whitetail. Please post a nice picture of the girl and her great buck minus you hogging the shot. Is it possible you never took a picture of her and her buck?

Post up me wanting to see your face. I just commented that you were blurring faces.

Which is weirdo behaviour just like holding someone elses antlers like you had killed the buck.

Glad you have come around around on Leupold. I call that progress. grin

Originally Posted by MikeS
Great info as usual Al, thanks for posting. Is there an easy was to refill them with nitrogen after the work? Just curious, it's heavier than air nature could help facilitate that it seems.

LOL.

This will be fun. It sure wasn't Argon in that scope, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/26/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have a bunch of Puked Reupold glass that I should yard apart,to see WTF. Maybe they can install Spotting Scope Erector Assemblies in them,so they'll track?!? Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

To be continued. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

LOL.

What kind of a shit bird holds the head on someone elses Big Whitetail. Please post a nice picture of the girl and her great buck minus you hogging the shot. Is it possible you never took a picture of her and her buck?

Post up me wanting to see your face. I just commented that you were blurring faces.

Which is weirdo behaviour just like holding someone elses antlers like you had killed the buck.

LOL.

John, I’m her father. And I’m in that picture so the likes of people like you understand that. Oh, and the head of a deer like that is actually heavy. Lol.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

LOL.

LOL.

John, I’m her father. And I’m in that picture so the likes of people like you understand that. Oh, and the head of a deer like that is actually heavy. Lol.

Awesome pics.

It’s obviously lost on the town drunk, but I’d almost guarantee the pic of you 2 together means way more to your daughter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Speaking of weirdo behaviour, tell me you didn't actually write all this over at AR15. If so, you're lucky Wyoming doesn't have a red flag law.

And to explain this behaviour?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because I have a face only a mother can love.

And apparently a daughter can, too.

Awesome pic!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

Well she got it done (holding the head) so again it's weird to take a picture posing with a head not yours plus posting the picture on the web with no explanation except you're in the picture and holding the head. Added in you have been posting other pictures in this thread acting like you had taken the animals.

I can say you don't add anything to the picture and nobody knew she took the buck until you posted it later.

It's also weird to blur out faces.

So we can assume you didn't take any of the game you posted in the pictures with blurred faces because you sure showed your mug with somebody elses buck.

Strange attempt at a flex?

Any way as this has become a Leupold picture thread here is decent buck Jeff shot. I took the picture but managed to let him hold the head to not be weird.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Elevation and windage adjusters from the same scope as the previously pictured reticle cell. It tracked erratically, especially the windage. It would seemingly move, then stop, then back up or jump forward. It gave it's owner quite a bit of grief on paper and the same traits were seen on my scope checker when I was later asked to check it.

These are the adjusters. If you look closely, you can see there's a little stem of brass inside the middle of the brass insert. This stem is adjusted to be in contact with the erector and move it with adjustment changes. Look even closer...you can see that one stem protrudes from the insert while the other does not:

This is the elevation adjuster. You can faintly see a light mark on the erector where the stem has made contact. So far, so good. The stem could be a a bit further out but not too bad, all in all.

And here is the windage adjuster. Since the stem wasn't adjusted from the factory to be further out than the lower edge of the insert, the entire periphery of the insert bears against the erector tube when adjustments are made. It's already begun to dig into the erector tube as the marks clearly show. Bingo...there's the problem. wink

Both stems have been readjusted, sealed to prevent movement and a couple other rubs done to the pivot joint. The wear marks on the erector from the windage adjuster aren't a problem since the stem is in the middle of them all around the travel cycle.

Again, this is essentially a new scope with less than 100 rounds on it. Had this scope been checked on a quality scope checker before going on the rifle, this problem would have stuck out like a sore thumb and it could have been returned. He may have gotten a better one as a replacement or they might have tried to fix this one. Not exactly confidence inspiring either way. This is simply poor quality control at the manufacturer on the assembly line with a complete disregard to the customer.

For those interested in this stuff, feel free to copy these images and save them for reference. smile

Plus, you'll be ahead of the curve when an M.C.P'er (Master Copy Paster) whips these down the road to show people his tooling and jigs. grin

Please tell the board of what the point is of the photos of scope parts and how they are now ahead of the curve.

It should be funny

Last edited by rcamuglia; 12/26/23.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So what scope manufacturer refuses to warranty a scope after it has been mounted on a rifle?

crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What a great pic.....easy to see that you're proud of her and visa versa. smile

My youngest daughter and I made lots of lifetime memories hunting pheasants and fox. She loved pheasant hunting the most....watching our dog work. smile

Congratulations. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
So what scope manufacturer refuses to warranty a scope after it has been mounted on a rifle? crazy

No doubt they would have honored the warranty. In fact, I pushed him to send it back. But he was done with them and that was that. He's a pretty hard hunter and doesn't suffer gear he's not confident in.

Forbidden Zoner
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My youngest daughter and I made lots of lifetime memories hunting pheasants and fox. She loved pheasant hunting the most....watching our dog work. smile

That really is a fantastic pic. Nothing like family hunting pics! Congrats to you both.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How are readers now "ahead of the curve" after your pictures?

What have the photos accomplished to help them with the topic or decisions?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Yep.

Of all the silly 'envy' talk tossed around, this is one of the few pics that should bring that emotion forward (some won't understand why, and more's the pity for them).
I'll never have another 'first buck' with my son, but there's always the 'next buck'.

οΏ½Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.οΏ½
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker

LOL.

LOL.

John, I’m her father. And I’m in that picture so the likes of people like you understand that. Oh, and the head of a deer like that is actually heavy.

Gluckgluck4000 aka the Gizard aka the Gullet wouldn't know about having children, raising them, and helping them along their path of becoming hunters. He is a pathetic man that doesn't have a family.

Kick back another fifth AzzBurns....all you have is your ego. Lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/26/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handys_For_Hobos
Gluckgluck4000 aka the Gizard aka the Gullet wouldn't know about having children, raising them, and helping them along their path of becoming hunters. He is a pathetic man that doesn't have a family.

Kick back another fifth AzzBurns....all you have is your ego. Lol

Well to be fair it's a pretty big ego. I always wonder if pretending I am drunk makes it hurt less?

I would feel even dumber losing a battle of wits to a guy under the influence but not everybody is the same.

How did that thread where you spouted off about bullet blowups work out?

Originally Posted by Jackie_Handjobs_Never_Been_Hunting
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/26/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 27 of 255 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 254 255

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 21, 808outdoors, 1Longbow, 10 invisible), 14,421 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,929
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.