Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Why is she taking flak for saying the Civil War was fought over States Rights? It was.

Slavery was an also ran, not the reason.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Like an English Wheel forms metal with time.

Lies will mold weak minds into pretzels...

Been going on since Delilah started cutting hair...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here in the North when the was a student slavery was the given reason for the Civil War.

The way life should be.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluefish
Here in the North when the was a student slavery was the given reason for the Civil War.
You mean Maine?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RAM
Why is she taking flak for saying the Civil War was fought over States Rights? It was.

Slavery was an also ran, not the reason.
Yep, they were having trouble getting northerners to join up for the purpose of forcing Southerners at gunpoint to stay in the Union (a very unpopular objective, since folks remembered that that's how our own nation was founded, i.e., by breaking away from another one, and The Declaration of Independence said that was a people's right). So they came up with the idea to propose to the public that it was to save the poor, mistreated, black slaves from wicked slave masters. Joining up increased immediately.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IT is the accepted lie. Been taught in schools for years. I will bet you if a national poll is taken, slavery as the reason would be almost unanimous.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
It was Taxes on Cotton to fund Lincoln LBJ style Programs..

Nicky ain’t going to Talk Taxes she’s a Big Government Spender ..

Weak Attempt at Emanuel

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RAM
You mean Maine?

Yes when I was a student in Maine.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I recall it being said that the Civil War was about Economics, not Slavery..which is half true.

The high falutin' southern democraps could not maintain their standard of living and still provide a competitively priced product without slaves to do the work. This means that the war was was about Southern Democraps being able to CHOOSE to live lavishly at the expense of others.... Much like politicians do today.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 12/29/23.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I recall it being said that the Civil War was about Economics, not Slavery..which is half true.

The high falutin' southern democraps could not maintain their standard of living and still provide a competitively priced product without slaves to do the work. This means that the war was was about Southern Democraps being able to CHOOSE to live lavishly at the expense of others.... Much like politicians do today.

I always read it was about states' rights (to own slaves). In fact, slavery was such an important part of the southern economy, states joining the CSA were denied the right to end slavery in their state per the CSA constitution. The notion the CSA was interested in states' rights didn't survive for very long. It was definitely about economics and at the end of the day; a bunch of poor people died in an attempt to keep the wealthy wealthy. That does not absolve the North as they imposed many taxes aimed at the South and to prevent the expansion of slavery to the West; allowing the North to out-vote the South.

Last edited by drop_point; 12/29/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmm... I wonder if the seceding states ever did like, oh, I don't know, like an official declaration for the causes of their secession. I wonder what they would say....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
Hmm... I wonder if the seceding states ever did like, oh, I don't know, like an official declaration for the causes of their secession. I wonder what they would say....
Didn't they?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I always read it was about states' rights (to own slaves). In fact, slavery was such an important part of the southern economy, states joining the CSA were denied the right to end slavery in their state per the CSA constitution. The notion the CSA was interested in states' rights didn't survive for very long. It was definitely about economics and at the end of the day; a bunch of poor people died in an attempt to keep the wealthy wealthy. That does not absolve the North as they imposed many taxes aimed at the South and to prevent the expansion of slavery to the West; allowing the North to out-vote the South.

That's it in a nutshell. The Southern oligarchs saw the writing on the wall, and realized that they would soon be outvoted, and their "peculiar institution" would go the way of the dodo. Secession was their only way to avoid this.

Was the Kansas-Missouri border war not about slavery either?

I grew up as neo-Confederate as anyone, but the truth is the truth.

Now, the southern states DID have the right to secede (as we all still do today), and Constitutional arguments can easily be made in their defense... but it was still ALL about slavery.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A big part of Lincoln's motivation was to deport the slaves back to Africa.

Lincoln stated that slavery wasn't the issue. He fought the war to preserve the Union.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Stophel

Oh, I don’t know. More than a third of them would probably say something like they were forced to secede when Lincoln called on them to send troops to illegally make war on other states.

That what you’re looking for?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If after our next Civil War the commies are successful, I wonder if it will become accepted truth that they fought the war to preserve the democracy against those who would destroy it so that they could keep promoting their racist, white supremacist, and hateful ways against the forces of democracy and good?

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/29/23.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Abolitionist did have Lincoln Ear..

Remember the North didn’t Overtly start the War..

Which isn’t the Case Now ..

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
It was ONE of the causes, not THE cause.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
In any event, Washington D.C. has a population of 670,000 which is 44% black and had 199 murders in 2022.

So who-pee. They won.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A big part of Lincoln's motivation was to deport the slaves back to Africa.

A damn fine idea.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 9 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,485
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.