Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First day using this little gem, about 3 hours at the range today and about 60 shots involved,

Here’s my thoughts so far,

Initial setup and pairing, cave-man simplicity.

At the range, simply unfold the legs and point down range, that’s it, seriously….Wooden table I was at had a warped board which canted the Xero down range maybe 5% (WAG), thought I might have to shim the Xero, Nope, just fire at will.

This particular range has numerous overhead baffles to catch erratic gunshots, and also numerous vertical columns to support these huge overhead baffles, These obstructions down range did not seem to matter one iota.

Had a shooter on both sides of me, maybe 10’ between each of us, The Garmin never picked up anybody else’s shot, ( I was really wondering about this issue).

It also never missed a shot of mine including 3 different rifles, 6.5 creed, 22-250 and 5.56

Once you close your current session the Xero immediately sends all shot data of that session to your phone or whichever device you are paired to, its automatic and immediate.

The app offers several places to view data, and also several places to add data, including 200 characters of the load in general, or for each specific shot data can be added, including check boxes for ‘cold shot’ or ‘clean bore’. You may exclude an individual shot if so desired.

You can add the bullet weight and the app then gives Kinetic energy and power factor, (?)……

There is a “pause session” that I need to look deeper into, I’m not clear just yet if you can “pause” and then return to a previous “paused” session and continue on with an interrupted previous string, (I’ll look into this Rick Bin ASAP)……

Battery life, I believe 6 hour stated run time is likely correct, I will be carrying a power bank in the future especially in colder weather just in case.

All in all, This little beast has a toy feel and simplicity to it, but the features for the size are off the charts fugging cool….It is small, on the tripod it is the same height has a sharpie, 5.5 inches tall standing and footprint width of 5 inches. The Xero itself is about the size of a small deck of playing cards, For you former smokers, about the size of a unfiltered pack of Camel Cigarettes.

Really liking this unit so far…….hell ya.

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The app also has a feature that allows you to export data to others, via texts, messages or emails, this data then shows up in what I would call a spreadsheet format.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a “pause session” that I need to look deeper into, I’m not clear just yet if you can “pause” and then return to a previous “paused” session and continue on with an interrupted previous string, (I’ll look into this Rick Bin ASAP)……

Thank you!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth
First day using this little gem, about 3 hours at the range today and about 60 shots involved,

Here’s my thoughts so far,

Initial setup and pairing, cave-man simplicity.

At the range, simply unfold the legs and point down range, that’s it, seriously….Wooden table I was at had a warped board which canted the Xero down range maybe 5% (WAG), thought I might have to shim the Xero, Nope, just fire at will.

This particular range has numerous overhead baffles to catch erratic gunshots, and also numerous vertical columns to support these huge overhead baffles, These obstructions down range did not seem to matter one iota.

Had a shooter on both sides of me, maybe 10’ between each of us, The Garmin never picked up anybody else’s shot, ( I was really wondering about this issue).

It also never missed a shot of mine including 3 different rifles, 6.5 creed, 22-250 and 5.56

Once you close your current session the Xero immediately sends all shot data of that session to your phone or whichever device you are paired to, its automatic and immediate.

The app offers several places to view data, and also several places to add data, including 200 characters of the load in general, or for each specific shot data can be added, including check boxes for ‘cold shot’ or ‘clean bore’. You may exclude an individual shot if so desired.

You can add the bullet weight and the app then gives Kinetic energy and power factor, (?)……

Battery life, I believe 6 hour stated run time is likely correct, I will be carrying a power bank in the future especially in colder weather just in case.

All in all, This little beast has a toy feel and simplicity to it, but the features for the size are off the charts fugging cool….It is small, on the tripod it is the same height has a sharpie, 5.5 inches tall standing and footprint width of 5 inches. The Xero itself is about the size of a small deck of playing cards, For you former smokers, about the size of a unfiltered pack of Camel Cigarettes.

Really liking this unit so far…….hell ya.

Well said!

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin

Thank you!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]post a picture

Not looking good, Rick.

I do not see an option to add to a previous session.

You call Garmin, tell them who you are, what you have to put up here on a daily basis, and ask to speak to the software engineer…..

You tell them you know people, and we can do this the hard way, or the easy way………

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by RickBin

Thank you!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]post a picture

Not looking good, Rick.

I do not see an option to add to a previous session.

You call Garmin, tell them who you are, what you have to put up here on a daily basis, and ask to speak to the software engineer…..

You tell them you know people, and we can do this the hard way, or the easy way………

Thank you, and I was afraid of that.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 36 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,117
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.