Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
^^^. My buddy had one. Stupidest dog I’ve ever been around.

Ditto, 100%.

Pretty tho. Wasn 't mean. Lumpish, really.

Last edited by las; 12/30/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by tripod3
How about an Irish Wolf Hound ??

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Greyhounds were bred for it- before round tracks, anyway.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds good, sounds just like some kind of bs msm story. One coyote outta 4 takes a swipe? Don't sound like a pack attack. Where is the blurb that local wildlife leo's hunted the pack down the next day? Blah , blah still sounds like bs to me.must have been short of news they want us to hear..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I know several people whose dogs were lured/attacked by coyotes.

Story is bogus, I think.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
This guy knows his dogs! I looked up the Kangal which I was not familiar with. A top pick in many ways for protection and longevity .

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a scar on my left eyelid from the neighbor’s Dalamation “ Scooter” back in ‘72. We were watching TV and I bumped him while shifting position and it went off on me. 6 stitches in a delicate spot, but I didn’t have any eye damage, so all good.

They should have put him down then and there, as that seemed to be the turning point, as it went absolutely batshït crazy in the years following. A .22 would have been too good for that dog, antifreeze is what it needed.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great story.

Dogs are great. Life is a lot better with them in it.

My two German wire hairs. They will tear a$$ if someone or something messes with their family.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Alan_C
How about an Irish Wolf Hound ??
It's little known that the actual Irish Wolfhound (descended from a breed that actually hunted wolves) went extinct during WWI. Sometime after the war it was realized that there remained not a single Irish Wolfhound, and work to recreate it began.

They gathered as many dogs as they could that appeared to be part Irish Wolfhound, and bred them with such breeds as Scottish Deerhounds, Great Danes, Borzois, and Tibetan Wolfhounds, till they had a line of dogs that looked like the Irish Wolfhound of old, and then standardized the breed under that name.

The original Irish Wolfhound wasn't created like that. It was the result of centuries of breeding together all the best dogs for fighting wolves, i.e., those that proved capable of that job were bred with others who proved capable of it, and eventually a standard line was established, but it was based strictly on performing a particular job, the same way most functional breeds of dog were originally developed.

Something similar was done with the English Mastiff, which also completely disappeared in its pure form during WWI.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Rabbits??

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My German Shepard killed a wild dog that approached us while walking. Some dogs just know what’s up.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Most I've been around were inbred retards.
Yep - they are 'tards
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
^^^. My buddy had one. Stupidest dog I’ve ever been around.
Ditto, 100%.
Pretty tho. Wasn 't mean. Lumpish, really.
Our local dog rescue nutty woman acquired a Dalmatian and a Great Dane. They went on a chicken killing spree. I was off on a mission 150 miles from home one day when my 13 year old daughter solved that problem. They were in our front yard chasing chickens.

People tell me me that most of them are genetically messed up from inbreeding just like pit bulls.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hastings how old is that girl now?
Know more than a few guys who would chase a gal like that till they dropped. Damn few women into today's world have that kinda backbone you are a lucky dad. Good job hastings well done.
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Hastings how old is that girl now?
Know more than a few guys who would chase a gal like that till they dropped. Damn few women into today's world have that kinda backbone you are a lucky dad. Good job hastings well done.
Mb
Bad news, she turned 31 in April, is married and has a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old twins (boy and girl). I bought her a Savage 110 plain Jane .243 when she was 9. I had the stock cut down and the terrible trigger brought down to about a crisp 3 pounds, and topped it with a Nikon Monarch variable power. She has killed 22 whitetails mostly bucks with 22 shots and we never kept count of the hogs. She holds the record around here for the largest Russian hybrid hog (a female), but alas we had no scales available. It took a front end loader to retrieve it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
People tell me me that most of them are genetically messed up from inbreeding just like pit bulls.
Pitbulls are not genetically messed up. They are less likely to inappropriately attack a human than most common breeds. The problem is that when they do, they go full tilt and do a lot of damage (so you hear about it in the news), but that's what they were bred for, i.e., to do a lot of damage to whatever they are attacking, and not to quit in that effort. Doesn't mean they are genetically messed up. Just means that's what they were bred for, i.e., when they attack something, they do lots of damage and don't quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had to pick a breed to have a better than average chance of being nuts, it would be the Dalmation or the Cocker Spaniel. I’ve seen really awful examples of both.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JPro
If I had to pick a breed to have a better than average chance of being nuts, it would be the Dalmation or the Cocker Spaniel. I’ve seen really awful examples of both.
This.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My Dalmatians were the meanest dogs I ever kept. Bout caused me litigation a couple times. They just inbred boneheads mostly.

Chased cars, horseback riders, killed every cat, skunk, small deer they could catch. Hell on neighbors’ dogs that ventured over here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
My Dalmatians were the meanest dogs I ever kept. Bout caused me litigation a couple times. They just inbred boneheads mostly.

Chased cars, horseback riders, killed every cat, skunk, small deer they could catch. Hell on neighbors’ dogs that ventured over here.
What became of them?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by slumlord

What became of them?
Died of old age

One was rather unusually built, had a bulldog like frame. His pup that I kept from a litter was more hound-frame like.
Both mean as shît and would not listen well.

Caused me to have to get a CT meter so the electric dept would quit macing them. lol
They installed my meter out on the highway.
Had to get all parcels delivered to my dad’s home 3 miles away.
Those particular doggie funerals were short.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.