Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So is it more acceptable to spend all day today in pajamas and robe -- or tomorrow?

I think I know what you'll say.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't believe I even own pajamas or a robe. I am either wearing jeans or naked. Spoiler alert! I am not wearing jeans right now.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wear sweats most of the time, I'm home. Did all the booze shopping yesterday, we have Black Eyed Peas in the pot cooking so we're good to go.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes!!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A leisure suit is the correct attire.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wore my suede house shoes to Meijers one time and felt out of place.

Then I see people wearing pajamas out in public.

Maybe I'll wear my red union suit out in public one day.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Vestis virum reddit...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Are you employed sir?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KFWA

That would be funny. But no pics required to prove it happened,OK?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All I know about robe etiquette is, if you wear one, you must also wear aviator shades to complete the ensemble.

And black socks.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Do and wear what you want at home. In public, I try to look like I give a sh'it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I was just asking my oldest daughter (21) about this. I had taken one of my younger daughters to town and she said she wanted to buy pants. She ended up picking out PJ bottoms. Then she wanted to wear them to school, which I was absolutely against. I had noted that a very large number of girls in her school have taken to doing so. I think it looks trashy as heck.

Apparently it is socially acceptable to some. Not for me, as I consider it low class. I am not talking about if whether you are rich, poor or somewhere in between. It is a matter of how you present yourself. You don't have to act and dress like a Walmartian. The people of Walmart dress like that. It is trashy to me.

But I am out of touch on lots of things like fashion and what is socially acceptable, so maybe I am totally wrong.

For the record though, my 21 year old thinks it is trashy too.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higginez
A leisure suit is the correct attire.

Only if it is in a pastel color.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So is it more acceptable to spend all day today in pajamas and robe -- or tomorrow?

Spend both that way, just in case the mood hits you to go to Walmart. You'll be ready.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Are you employed sir?

Is this a week day... what day is this?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t support wearing pajamas in public. It says you’re too lazy to wear something else.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
hell look at the way NFL coaches on sidelines dress now-a-days. compared to how they dressed 15 years ago. now it is hoodies and loose sweats, then it was a suit and tie as it should be

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
hell look at the way NFL coaches on sidelines dress now-a-days. compared to how they dressed 15 years ago. now it is hoodies and loose sweats, then it was a suit and tie as it should be

I don't know, I was thinking football coaches should suit up in a uniform, like they do in Major League Baseball.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And you've got the officials running around in dress pants.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odd. I don't recall a coach in suit and tie on the sidelines in the last 40+ years.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don’t support wearing pajamas in public. It says you’re too lazy to wear something else.
Or sweats or gym pants/shorts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Odd. I don't recall a coach in suit and tie on the sidelines in the last 40+ years.

Yeah, Tom Landry was about the last......

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I wore my suede house shoes to Meijers one time and felt out of place.

Then I see people wearing pajamas out in public.

We need pics. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

I don't know, I was thinking football coaches should suit up in a uniform, like they do in Major League Baseball.

Would love to see Andy Reid in full pads and helmet!

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No different than any other day, either jeans or cut-offs and a tee shirt! This is just another day in a year passing much too fast! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

you ever see that video of him in the run,kick and pass competition for kids? He was in 8th grade or thereabouts and he probably outweighed every kid out there by at least 25 pounds. They had to get him shoulder pads and a jersey of the Rams running back because they didn't have any "youth" sizes that fit him

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

you ever see that video of him in the run,kick and pass competition for kids? He was in 8th grade or thereabouts and he probably outweighed every kid out there by at least 25 pounds. They had to get him shoulder pads and a jersey of the Rams running back because they didn't have any "youth" sizes that fit him

I have seen that. He was like 13 and looked like he was 25

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear shorts as long as possible. When it gets cold out I wear a lot of joggers or Duluth fire hose type pants or Carhartt’s duck fabric I rarely wear jeans.

I like the extra pockets for phone, knife, keys ect in the Carhartt’s over jeans and they look/wear a little better IMO.

My 20 year old son and his buddies hardly ever wear jeans they wear shorts or joggers/workout type pants. My son bought me some joggers about 5 years ago for Father’s Day, I love them. They look a lot better than traditional sweatpants and keep the snow or mud of the cough in bad weather.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wear shorts, flip-flops, tennis shoes/lace-up boots, and a T-shirt 80% even while working. I dress nicer when I go out with my girlfriend, and other events places where shorts are not appropriate.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I wear shorts as long as possible. When it gets cold out I wear a lot of joggers or Duluth fire hose type pants or Carhartt’s duck fabric I rarely wear jeans.

I like the extra pockets for phone, knife, keys ect in the Carhartt’s over jeans and they look/wear a little better IMO.

My 20 year old son and his buddies hardly ever wear jeans they wear shorts or joggers/workout type pants. My son bought me some joggers about 5 years ago for Father’s Day, I love them. They look a lot better than traditional sweatpants and keep the snow or mud of the cough in bad weather.

Pretty similar here, if no wind and above 10 or 15…..short pants and a light jacket, for short periods of time! If wind and long exposure, the clothing changes……considerably! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
WTF are pajamas?
Are you 9?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I rememebr Switzer always in a suit, Same with Paterno

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Hank Stram

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
A few weeks ago, after hunting in the morning I went to the local grocery store to pick up a few items. Per usual there were some other hunters doing the same thing--and two had arrived just before I did, in a 4WD pickup.

The guy in the passenger seat got out first. He strongly resembled Santa Claus, except for his hunting clothes--yellow pajamas, both bottom and top, with some sort of some small red repeated pattern against the yellow. He got out to take off his legally-required blaze-orange vest, and then got back in the pickup--while the more conventionally dressed driver (jeans, Carhartt jacket) went inside the store--also after taking off his orange vest.

The pajama bottoms were so baggy I couldn't tell if Santa was wearing hunting boots or bedroom slippers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I DO NOT own any pajamas. I was raised when you go out in public, you dress your best. I see people running around in clothes that looks like they just got out of bed. I think is shows they have no self respect. Maybe I am just to old and think more about myself. You will not see me in blue, red orange or any other colored hair either.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I wrote "pajamas" but what I meant was what they call "lounge pants". Cotton with a fly and corded waist. Lighter than sweats. Comfy. Don't sleep in them, but put them on to keep my legs warm after I get up until it's time to dress. I have I think five robes, from super light summer/travel to thick and warm.

Anyway, the point of the thread is that these are two "do nothing and go nowhere" days at least for me. Gonna be warm and comfy.

I do NOT wear lounge pants to go out - even to take out the garbage cans.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RockyRaab: Never owned or worn a set of "pajama's".
Family was poor and I and my brothers slept in our "undies". So needless to say I won't be "lounging" around in "P.J's.
I always get dressed first thing in the morning so VERY seldom ever wear my "bath robe".
You would probably get more done and get more out of life if you schitcanned your P.J.'s?
Happy New Year
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I wrote "pajamas" but what I meant was what they call "lounge pants". Cotton with a fly and corded waist. Lighter than sweats. Comfy. Don't sleep in them, but put them on to keep my legs warm after I get up until it's time to dress. I have I think five robes, from super light summer/travel to thick and warm.

Anyway, the point of the thread is that these are two "do nothing and go nowhere" days at least for me. Gonna be warm and comfy.

they are called fat pants around here

after a big dinner "I'm gonna go put on some fat pants!'

never been a robe guy....visions of Hugh Hefner

Last edited by KFWA; 12/31/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
VG, I have almost exactly zero to "get done." I also sleep in "undies" but put on warmer stuff to spend my mornings. Up at five but sometimes don't get dressed until 10. Like today. It's 10:15 as I type this and I'm still in fat pants, robe, and slippers. My major chore of the day will be to chill glasses for cocktail hour.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You and VG are to anal, at damn near 72 I dont give a rats azz what people think about my attire and especially when I take out the trash.

Swifty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I saw a big fat girl get out of her at the store with nothing on but a T shirt. Yikes, her nether region was hanging out. We are in the abyss!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, Congress said that I'm an officer and a gentleman so I have some standards to uphold. Even turning 77.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You wear Pajamas to the range?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
No, but I also haven't been to a range in almost a decade now.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I guess I better put some shoes on. I need to carry in a bit of firewood.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I saw a big fat girl get out of her at the store with nothing on but a T shirt. Yikes, her nether region was hanging out. We are in the abyss!
Use food stamps too?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, Congress said that I'm an officer and a gentleman so I have some standards to uphold. Even turning 77.

Well damn back in 70 they gave me a bunch of OD green and told me to go fugg around in the muck and mire like a pig while carrying a rifle. But that ended in 72. After 51 years i have my own thoughts on how to live my life.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Andy Reid looks like a big red M&M.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I own neither.

Me

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Probably will tomorrow after we get home from hotel.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Lands End medium weight sweat pants,..Carhartt heavy long sleeve pocket T-shirts, black cotton socks, and a quality pair of thick cloth, rubber soled house shoes off of Amazon,com.

My winter uniform.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
Use food stamps too?
Of course!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Doesn't the dress code require a bathrobe, a can of beer, a cigar, and a cap with ear flaps?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Lands End medium weight sweat pants,..Carhartt heavy long sleeve pocket T-shirts, black cotton socks, and a quality pair of thick cloth, rubber soled house shoes off of Amazon,com.

My winter uniform.

past two Xmas gifts from wife - long sleeve carhartt t-shirts. I think eventually I'll end up with a drawer full of them. Hard to beat for comfort

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've often said I would wear nicer clothes to work if my patients didn't crap on me

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Back during one of the many hiring booms in the software industry, I was handed a developer who turned out to be quite the party girl.
Quite a few days a week she would just barely drag herself into the office in time for a team meeting, and definitely looking the worse for wear.

But the day she showed up in full pajama attire is the day she and I had a one-on-one and she subsequently left the company "seeking other opportunities".

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't own PJs.

Wearing gym shorts now, haven't had a shirt on today.
Slipped my untied boots on my bare feet to make fire earlier.

Daughter gets off work soon,
socks, boots, pants, 365, t shirt.
Be dressed like anytime I go anywhere but church and funerals.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My FedEx driver wears pajamas...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

WTF wears 'pajamas'?????

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

WTF wears 'pajamas'?????
Those who sit around in a robe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Low class. See kids on the sidewalks complete with their blankies, slippers, and Teddy bear in hand.

Had a discussion with my own kid (33 yrs). Not allowed to smoke in our home so on a visit he wandered out to our front porch in his PJ's to light up. Obviously, I don't care for the smoking, but we are not doing PJ's in our front yard. If that's the dress of choice, he'll be in back of our home where no one will see him.

Such seems to the be the uniform down in our community's subsidized housing. Maybe it's an economic deal. Probably $3.00 a set at the local thrift store.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A holiday or family day is for casual comfort - warm and toasty for today.

At this point, normally go for seasonal comfort and suitable for current activity - except those times to dress respectfully.

Rarely work in stuff that matters much - never wear shorts.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clothes are a lot more casual these days. When I was a kid all the boys and men wore a coat and tie to church. None of the women wore pants, dresses only. Still that way at the Pentecostals. I just left church and the only one with a coat or tie was the preacher. The church I used to attend the preacher never wore a suit or tie.

I remember a wool suit that tortured me as a kid. Church seemed 5 hours long.

In federal or state court no one seems to wear anything but casual clothes except for the lawyers.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't worn pajamas since I was a kid. I wear undies to bed. I do have a robe so when I stay at other people places I can slip it on in the night if I have to use the bathroom. I don't want to be walking around in someone hallway in just my undies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Clothes are a lot more casual these days. When I was a kid all the boys and men wore a coat and tie to church. None of the women wore pants, dresses only. Still that way at the Pentecostals. I just left church and the only one with a coat or tie was the preacher. The church I used to attend the preacher never wore a suit or tie.

In federal or state court no one seems to wear anything but casual clothes except for the lawyers.
Society is what thought up the dressing up to attend church.

Betting 2000 years ago those ol boys were looking worse than any homeless dude on the street these days.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I don’t think I ever seen a picture of Tom Landry not in a suit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85

I don’t think I ever seen a picture of Tom Landry not in a suit.
And I never saw Switzer in a suit. Shirt with a collar at most.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 12/31/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Puddle
Back during one of the many hiring booms in the software industry, I was handed a developer who turned out to be quite the party girl.
Quite a few days a week she would just barely drag herself into the office in time for a team meeting, and definitely looking the worse for wear.

But the day she showed up in full pajama attire is the day she and I had a one-on-one and she subsequently left the company "seeking other opportunities".

The VP's niece showed up at work one day wearing bunny slippers and sweat pants. Had to talk to her and then talk to him about her

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That’s about how it was at the church that I grew up in. The kids didn’t wear suits but nearly all of the men did. It didn’t matter if they worked in a factory or owned a janitorial company and had no need for a suit. They still wore a suit to church and the woman wore dresses.

I like to dress a little better for church than day to day but do not own a suit. Church today means my good boots and newer Carhartt pants or good jeans with a button down shirt which is pretty standard for most of the men. Really getting fancy is dress pants and dress shoes. I wouldn’t wear joggers or flip flops and shorts but that’s just my own ideas of what I want to wear and how I want to show respect. Clothes a little better than my regular work clothes or what I wear around the house.

This has been an interesting thread. Lots of ideas and none of it’s really right or wrong. I maintain my home and my neighbors aren’t paying my bills. I couldn’t care less what the neighbors see me wearing when I’m taking out the trash. As long as I’m not in my birthday suit. I don’t care if they see me wearing a business suit, a leisure suit, a sweatsuit, or a swimsuit.

Having said that I think it’s cool when someone likes to go old school and always look their best. That’s never a wrong call if you’re inclined to do it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Betting 2000 years ago those ol boys were looking worse than any homeless dude on the street these days.

But, I’m betting they tried to do their best……whatever their best was. That’s what counts! memtb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

But, I’m betting they tried to do their best……whatever their best was. That’s what counts! memtb

Yep.

I believe in showing respect by going out of my way to wear something a little better than I usually would otherwise. I don’t believe that I need to buy suits or other dress clothes that I otherwise have no need for. If someone wants to do that or already has those clothes for their line of work and does it with a humble attitude that’s cool too.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I usually get dressed before leaving the bedroom in the morning. My wife generally goes down for coffee in her robe, then gets dressed if she needs to go out to work. If she's working from home, she usually just goes into her office and gets to work. Some days she works in her bathrobe until dinner time. Neither of us leave the house in anything like sweatpants or pajama bottoms,

Around here, at least the churches we go to, people dress up for church. Most of the men wear coats and ties. TRhe women usually wear dresses.

My last job, before we moved down here, was running the machine shop portion of a small, custom manufacturing operation. I couldn't believe I had to set a few of the young guys straight on the fact that in a shop with machinery with revolving spindles, with heavy steel and aluminum components being handled, and with torch cutting and various welding operations going on, you don't wear baggy sweatpants, sweatshirts and sneakers (or Crocs!).

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I remembered reading a book by Charles Conerly( a Mississippian, former NY Giants? quarterback and the original Marlboro Man). Dress for Sucess. After a successful football career, he became a much sought after male model. He would change clothes 3 or more times per day and shave at least 2X. Taught me how to buy a navy blue blazer and use differing colors of pants and button down Oxford cloth shirts and ties to make a completely different look. It served me well as a school administrator. As one trainer from the State Dept of Ed some folks get in front of a classroom looking like they come out of a pea patch! If you want respect, do your part. Wife and I dress up for church and doctor appointments. Of course it’s been said that Delta folks wear pearls to the supermarket. In the Billy Graham biography, the family wore their finest clothes all day long on the Lord’s Day. MIL used to say dress for your station in life. I do know that if teens attend a prom, everyone tends to act better if dressed up. I’m old school and like to dress up. Last 4 years as asst superintendent of Ed, I had to drive a bus route. I still dressed up with khakis, shirt/ tie but wore
overalls to protect my good clothes. You can dressl on a budget or one salary. Buy clothing on sale, off season, utilize thrift and consignment shops. I did and taught my minister son how to. Our Salvation Army thrift gets pressed starched pants from dry cleaning stores who donate them to the Army when not picked up. Designer ties are a Buck I find Dockers, Orvis, LL Bean and Land’s End stuff there. Used to be several garment factories in the state before NAFDA. Most operated a factory store where they sold over production and seconds. One in AR sold Tilley flop hats for under $5 Got all 3 sons one. Online has clothing bargains too.

Last edited by carrollco; 12/31/23. Reason: Spelling
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hell, I've killed deer in lounge pants. I put on a 3-piece tweed to roll the trash out and a tuxedo to roger the old lady.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No, but I also haven't been to a range in almost a decade now.

You are no longer "Home on the Range"

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Low class. See kids on the sidewalks complete with their blankies, slippers, and Teddy bear in hand.

Had a discussion with my own kid (33 yrs). Not allowed to smoke in our home so on a visit he wandered out to our front porch in his PJ's to light up. Obviously, I don't care for the smoking, but we are not doing PJ's in our front yard. If that's the dress of choice, he'll be in back of our home where no one will see him.

Such seems to the be the uniform down in our community's subsidized housing. Maybe it's an economic deal. Probably $3.00 a set at the local thrift store.

Does he still wear footies?

-OMotS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The schiat people get riled up about lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I say boaf. I'm going to the gym tomorrow morning so I will get out of my PJ's and into my gym clothes and when I get home tomorrow I will stay in my gym clothes. Because I can since they are almost like PJ's.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On a day off I will usually wake up in flannel pj pants and a t-shirt but I’m generally changing into BDU pants after breakfast. Shirt for the day is dependent on weather, but it’s generally a button up fishing shirt or canvas shirt.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It is de rigueur on both Sundays and holidays to slop about in your oldest most comfortable clothes...bonus style points if they have rips and tears, with the winning ensemble invariably having the seat out of the pants.

Note that the use of any garment under five years of age disqualifies you.

What can I say...I am a style whore!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by carrollco
I remembered reading a book by Charles Conerly( a Mississippian, former NY Giants? quarterback and the original Marlboro Man). Dress for Sucess. After a successful football career, he became a much sought after male model. He would change clothes 3 or more times per day and shave at least 2X. Taught me how to buy a navy blue blazer and use differing colors of pants and button down Oxford cloth shirts and ties to make a completely different look. It served me well as a school administrator. As one trainer from the State Dept of Ed some folks get in front of a classroom looking like they come out of a pea patch! If you want respect, do your part. Wife and I dress up for church and doctor appointments. Of course it’s been said that Delta folks wear pearls to the supermarket. In the Billy Graham biography, the family wore their finest clothes all day long on the Lord’s Day. MIL used to say dress for your station in life. I do know that if teens attend a prom, everyone tends to act better if dressed up. I’m old school and like to dress up. Last 4 years as asst superintendent of Ed, I had to drive a bus route. I still dressed up with khakis, shirt/ tie but wore
overalls to protect my good clothes. You can dressl on a budget or one salary. Buy clothing on sale, off season, utilize thrift and consignment shops. I did and taught my minister son how to. Our Salvation Army thrift gets pressed starched pants from dry cleaning stores who donate them to the Army when not picked up. Designer ties are a Buck I find Dockers, Orvis, LL Bean and Land’s End stuff there. Used to be several garment factories in the state before NAFDA. Most operated a factory store where they sold over production and seconds. One in AR sold Tilley flop hats for under $5 Got all 3 sons one. Online has clothing bargains too.

Spent first 17 years of my professional career working for a company where you had a choice of a blue suit or a grey suit, a white shirt or a blue shirt, a blue tie or a red tie, and black wingtips. Took me 20 years after that job to stop wearing black wingtips to work or church. Today, work from home. Still have a uniform. Black Under Armor t-shirt, black UA gym shorts, black crocs... Do not own a pair of pajamas. Can't stand to see people wearing them in the stores. If I go off the farm, pull on a pair of Carhartt britches of some type.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Out side the house I wear cowboy boots and a trench coat . If we have guests I put on underpants.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
WTF are pajamas? That's something little kids wear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have any fancy church clothes and I don't wear pajamas out in public.

But I do have a nice stockpile of top notch (outdoor)work clothes. Recently ordered 5 pair of Ariat work pants. They aren't getting any cheaper, used to be around $50, $65 now from Tractor Supply.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like to dress well for the occasion.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In the airport last Tuesday a family of four were boarding my flight home. The mom and the two kids were sporting red and black plaid Pajama bottoms. Wasn't sure if they were trying to make a fashion statement or if they normally dress like retards in public.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pat85
In the airport last Tuesday a family of four were boarding my flight home. The mom and the two kids were sporting red and black plaid Pajama bottoms. Wasn't sure if they were trying to make a fashion statement or if they normally dress like retards in public.

A few years ago when working at the local service station it was common place to see women of all ages (60+) coming in dressed in a puppy or bunny onesy.

Kind of weird.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve taken to wearing my merino base layers as lounge wear when I’m in colder climates. I put a robe on if I go outside to wiz at camp.
At home in SWFL Florida its a pair of very stretchy workout shorts and a tee shirt.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see lazy ass slackers come into the grocery store wearing pajamas and slippers and am absolutely disgusted.
Lazy, do nothings.
They will kill America.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I’ve taken to wearing my merino base layers as lounge wear when I’m in colder climates. I put a robe on if I go outside to wiz at camp.
At home in SWFL Florida its a pair of very stretchy workout shorts and a tee shirt.

Merino 24/7 Nov-Apr, 160-280 weight.

Hi-Line leisure wear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Right now as we speak I'm probably wearing more $$$ in merino than most people have in their savings account(s).

chortle

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Right now as we speak I'm probably wearing more $$$ in merino than most people have in their savings account(s).

chortle
Where do you buy it? Brand?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazon, wherever.

Ice Breaker or Duckworth.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sweet.

We joined fugging Costco so we could buy their stupid merino wool......and they didn't fugging have any at the store!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is new years day and I have just got down off a hot garage roof where I was teking the tin down and I am sitting here in a pair of old stubbies and an old Australian Shearing Supplies singlet with the aircon going it's hardest.

I still feel over dressed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's expensive clothes but I have undershirts that are 3-4 years old and they gtg. Order a size up because even if you air dry they still shrink a little.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
It's expensive clothes but I have undershirts that are 3-4 years old and they gtg. Order a size up because even if you air dry they still shrink a little.

Closet shrink, it’s a real problem.😆. At least that’s what I tell my girlfriend.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking

Closet shrink, it’s a real problem.😆. At least that’s what I tell my girlfriend.

I only buy the very finest merino and keep my body up like a temple of health.....lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve seen people out in public in their bathrobes, and slippers

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Always a pleasant sight to go to Wal Mart and see slipper sliding groundpounders wearing pajamas with bed head. Out to spend what is on their EBT card. I avoid going down the aisle they are shopping because lots of them don't smell too nice.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm in sweats and a long sleeve tee. It's my uniform of the day. I need to go pull the CV axle from my wife's car. I will shop for the new part and do all the labor in the same sweat pants and long sleeve tee. No fooks given for whatever people think. I ain't a skinny kid that can bend like gumby anymore.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Depends, Are you going to Wal-Mart or Target?

They will vote our way into socialism, We will have to shoot our way out.

Every major horror in the world was perpetrated in the name of altruism.

Just how big is Aroostook County you ask?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by carrollco

Spent first 17 years of my professional career working for a company where you had a choice of a blue suit or a grey suit, a white shirt or a blue shirt, a blue tie or a red tie, and black wingtips. Took me 20 years after that job to stop wearing black wingtips to work or church. Today, work from home. Still have a uniform. Black Under Armor t-shirt, black UA gym shorts, black crocs... Do not own a pair of pajamas. Can't stand to see people wearing them in the stores. If I go off the farm, pull on a pair of Carhartt britches of some type.

first job out of college, I had to wear a suit - they would allow pinstripes but the stripes could be no thicker than a dime. Wingtips or capstone shoes - no loafers, white or grey shirt. I don't remember any rules about ties but I'm sure you couldn't wear any novelty ties. You could take the suit jacket off to go to the bathroom.

Sounds draconian by todays standards but they paid well and had great benefits. and I have to tell the VP's niece not to wear bunny slippers into the office now

When I started the job I have now 20+ years ago you could wear Khakis but now people wear cargo shorts and sandals. Even with all that, if I'm meeting a customer or an executive, I'm absolutely dressed in business attire. It pays to get decent clothes - high quality and good fit. I bought a Hart Shaffner and Marx suit at at thrift store for $18, later bought a Brooks Brothers at the same place. Like you said, you can dress well on a budget if you are so inclined. I buy shoes new only though, want to break them into how I wear a them, not someone else.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/01/24.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 160user
I don't believe I even own pajamas or a robe. I am either wearing jeans or naked. Spoiler alert! I am not wearing jeans right now.
Thank all the saints that you're not on ZOOM!!! laugh laugh laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Another at-home day; in sweats again.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
When I go to Church, I look like a fat JR Ewing.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I used to wear French cuffs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Years ago, we had a thread about clothes at work where some fancy-ass, stick-up-her-ass woman was excoriating anyone who didn't wear Armani or Christian Dior to work.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When I go to Church, I look like a fat JR Ewing.

I like to give this to my family every once in awhile and I have told this story to others when I think they’re missing the point…

My wife took her mom shopping a couple days ago because mom wanted some new nice clothes for church. See…mom likes getting compliments from the other “well-to-do” folks at her retirement home because she thinks it sets her apart but it doesn’t. I told her that she is trying too hard to impress the ass in the pew next to her rather than the Reason she’s there in the first place…..GOD DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU WEAR TO CHURCH! God cares about what is in your heart, if conceit or pride are dominant in one’s heart there’s less room for the Lord! In church I’d rather sit next to an honest sinner in dirty pajamas with a pure heart than a rich man dressed to the Nines with a prideful heart….

One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services
were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean,
he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In
his hand he carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn out Bible.
The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the
city. It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had
ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with
expensive clothes and accessories.

As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one
greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his
appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him
and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here
again, have a talk with God and ask him what he thinks would be
appropriate attire for worship." The old cowboy assured the preacher he
would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same
ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely
shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the man and said, "I
thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be
for worshiping in here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear.
He said He'd never been in this church "

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Nothing wrong if you're clean, and covered.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m generally in jeans and a t-shirt. I’ll throw on a polo, a flannel, or light jacket if I go out. Only time I leave the house wearing shorts is if I’m going fishing or on vacation. I don’t own PJs and only wear sweats if I’m exercising.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Pj are betting than the underwear on ur ass and jean below look most of these N wear

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Stuart Hamblen, "Birth of a song, Until Then"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad it is, you fellas livin' up north wearing PJs, robes etc.

Shorts and flip flops. Sometimes a camo hat if the sun it bright.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just wore my basketball shorts and a sweatshirt to go move my truck into the driveway.

Can I get a ruling on whether any clothing etiquette laws were violated?

- Darth Vader
M
M
Clothing etiquette is diverse, right? It's about feeling comfortable and confident in what you wear. If you're exploring different styles and etiquettes, Temu offer a wide range of options that might suit various dress codes. Checking Temu clothes reviews can give insights into the quality and style, helping you navigate different clothing etiquettes and find pieces that align with your preferences.

Last edited by MercAlberty; 01/05/24.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A cowboy would look silly playing hooky in his boots, and hat.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I used to wear a tie everyday. Once I started running my own business, that stopped. I now only wear a tie for funerals or weddings. Still occasionally wear a jacket on business dinners or if doing some client calls.

Around the house it's flip-flops and shorts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I’ve seen people out in public in their bathrobes, and slippers

That is what Ingwe was alluding to. Hell I've seen people board airplanes in pajama pants, sleeveless undershirts and jap flaps for chrissakes.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the winter, I wear sweats with a hoodie and Crocs around the house, out back with the dog and whilst at the grill.

Not allowed past the end of the driveway dressed like that. I agree with this rule.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
Out side the house I wear cowboy boots and a trench coat . If we have guests I put on underpants.

Unless your trench coat is an original Burberry's from London, you're not really "in style." cool

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 470Evans, 7887mm08, 35, 17 invisible), 1,564 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,454
Posts18,507,966
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.