Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6
I think ya'll have talked me into building one, til something else piques my interest. Thanks everyone for your input...Joe

I've been on this website almost twenty years and I'm pretty sure that's the first time anyone spelled pique correctly.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by RufusG
I think ya'll have talked me into building one, til something else piques my interest. Thanks everyone for your input...Joe

I've been on this website almost twenty years and I'm pretty sure that's the first time anyone spelled pique correctly.

I feel I am a fairly educated man and try for correct spelling and grammar but full confession, I spell checked it...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG

I feel I am a fairly educated man and try for correct spelling and grammar but full confession, I spell checked it...Joe
Amazes me how everyone posting on this site is doing so via the net but spelling seems so complicated.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
LGS has Ruger ranch in 450 BM. Ammo is about $2 and up from what I see online. Got a can rated for it . Just need an adapter for the wonky size threads on the rifle. Tempting

Half tempted to buy the Ruger Ranch rifle in 450BM. However, I despise the stock, and have yet to find a decent , non-injection molded, composite replacement for the non-rotory magazine Ruger American.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WiFowler
LGS has Ruger ranch in 450 BM. Ammo is about $2 and up from what I see online. Got a can rated for it . Just need an adapter for the wonky size threads on the rifle. Tempting

Half tempted to buy the Ruger Ranch rifle in 450BM. However, I despise the stock, and have yet to find a decent , non-injection molded, composite replacement for the non-rotory magazine Ruger American.

What's "wonky" about the barrel threads? 11/16-24 is pretty common, same as my Marlin 1895 Trapper.

The .450 American stock is the rotary mag stock, just the magazines are different. They're straight feed with the rotary profile. I stocked mine in a Boyds laminate. Heavier than factory but welcomed on the .450. As pictured, with my Hybrid46 screwed on, it balances right at the front action screw.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by tmitch
Originally Posted by WiFowler

What's "wonky" about the barrel threads? 11/16-24 is pretty common, same as my Marlin 1895 Trapper.

The .450 American stock is the rotary mag stock, just the magazines are different. They're straight feed with the rotary profile. I stocked mine in a Boyds laminate. Heavier than factory but welcomed on the .450. As pictured, with my Hybrid46 screwed on, it balances right at the front action screw.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sharp looking rifle, bet it is a deer slayer. But it looks like it is wrong handed.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The 450 Bushmaster is my go-to caliber in South Texas. I have 3 Mausers in various formats for different uses. The one in the picture is for low light. The rebarreled Savage 99 that is just about the sweetest thing ever. Not finished yet but used it to fill my tags this year.

Attached Images
Pair of 450s resized.jpg (37.97 KB, 77 downloads)
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have made several. Own one and built others for my hunting buddies and my brother for bear baiting here in Alaska. They are amazing. Mags can be finnicky depending on the brand. I have found the DH tactical 4rd mags to runs the best before that was the lancer mags with tromix followers but lancer change mag designs and they don’t work anymore. As for uppers. Look at Tromix lead delivery systems you will not be disappointed they are amazing and they specialize in running the big bore cartridges. Also the Ruger 450bm uppers do run well from experience. I have built a super light 450bm in a 16” barrel and it shoots lights out. Recoil is equal to a 20ga with brake installed only because mines so light so not bad at all

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 927 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,261
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.