-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not me, but if shooting starlings inside 50 yards with a 22 or pellet rifle ever becomes a thing, I’m going to be a contender….

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SLM
Probably the guy on here that claims a minute of angle target at any distance, with any wind is easy.

Doubtful wink

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
I remember as a very young man hitting a soda can at 300 yds with my 22/250 Ruger #1.... I was amazed as was my friends....how thing change with time
Growing up, the old man popped a ground hog at 600yds with a Remington 700 .22-250, 6-18x redfield and 52gr Hornady fbhp’s. It was legendary through the family at the time.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I've posted this before, but I'll put it up again. I have went head to head, or rubbed elbows with the best (mostly silhouette shooters) Wigger, Tubb, O'Neil, Sanchez, Lopez, Flint, Mullins, to name a few. Most are very low key. Point being it's different than being an internet key pounding blowhard, that when pressed can't come up with one thing that signifies he's even shot one match.

If there was a field of say 25 shooters, worn out old men (much like myself), old ladies, and kids just out of square pants, that Sticky shot against, he would be lucky to place 15th let alone going against the best here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Not me, but if shooting starlings inside 50 yards with a 22 or pellet rifle ever becomes a thing, I’m going to be a contender….

I’d like to be the challenger. Sounds fun!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Long Range Hunting or Shooting is unethical

Stalk closer.

Even on steel

🤣😂🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by irfubar
I remember as a very young man hitting a soda can at 300 yds with my 22/250 Ruger #1.... I was amazed as was my friends....how thing change with time
Growing up, the old man popped a ground hog at 600yds with a Remington 700 .22-250, 6-18x redfield and 52gr Hornady fbhp’s. It was legendary through the family at the time.
That was a hell of shot with the gear we had back then.
I used to frequent a busy range and an old guy was always there with a car trunk full of rifles.
He and I kinda hit it off and one day he pulled a bull barrel single shot FN Mauser in 300 win mag with an MPI stock out of the trunk.
Put on the bags, pulled a note pad from his pocket, dialed the Weaver K10 target scope and told me to hold dead on the 500 yd gong, I nailed it first try.
My introduction to dialing, I was amazed. This was before rangefinders so it was a range stunt at a known yardage. But a light came on for me that day!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would say the answer would vary with the different disciplines. it's discipline takes its own unique set of skills. Benchrest , F class silhouette, PRC , the granted the same people can usually Excel when they change over to a different discipline great example is David Tubbs. a lot of people or maybe most people know the name through the camp Perry shooting with the man also dominated the silhouette game for many years..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
why don't you fuggers organize a "Campfire Shootoff" ???... should be fun... that is, if ya don't get ta fightin'... hell, maybe thad' be more fun!...

Oh yea! Like a postal match where you have a trusted witness and post up results.

There will be a bunch of "lying liars" and stupid gif images along with massive character assassination posts from a couple esteemed "members".

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Known size targets at unknown distances with no laser rangefinders (so you have to range with your reticle) Max round count you can carry. Max time to shoot all your rounds. At least two different shooting positions. In person, not "postal" would be interesting.

I'd RO, since I'm not winning anything.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I can make you nervous if I’m shooting at you at 700 yards, as long as you ain’t shooting back.

That ain’t long range, though.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It’s definitely me, if you ask my daughters!
On two roosters the other day, one commented, my reflexes aren’t that fast. Does 30 yds with a heavy red label 12 ga count! Real work was my dog finding the still 1/2 alive bird in deep cattails and water up mid thigh on me, I ain’t short.
I try to get closer for sure, have learned a lot from many way better than me!

And I hope my sarcasm is detected, I ain’t no long range shooter, but do like to shoot.

Last edited by JonS; 01/01/24.

Keep Smiling
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jim270
I've posted this before, but I'll put it up again. I have went head to head, or rubbed elbows with the best (mostly silhouette shooters) Wigger, Tubb, O'Neil, Sanchez, Lopez, Flint, Mullins, to name a few. Most are very low key. Point being it's different than being an internet key pounding blowhard, that when pressed can't come up with one thing that signifies he's even shot one match.

If there was a field of say 25 shooters, worn out old men (much like myself), old ladies, and kids just out of square pants, that Sticky shot against, he would be lucky to place 15th let alone going against the best here.

Nancy and Sherry Tompkins will beat any man here.....or wherever! Most don't even know the names!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by ring3

I’d like to be the challenger. Sounds fun!

If you 2 want to narrow it down to Red Ryder BB guns on sparrows, starlings, and the occasional Japanese hornet keeping it under 20 yards I'm in!!

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by goalie
Known size targets at unknown distances with no laser rangefinders (so you have to range with your reticle) Max round count you can carry. Max time to shoot all your rounds. At least two different shooting positions. In person, not "postal" would be interesting.

I'd RO, since I'm not winning anything.
kinda' what i had in mind... maybe start with regional events... then a national (world?) finals sorta' thing...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Nancy and Sherry Tompkins will beat any man here.....or wherever! Most don't even know the names!!

Please refer to my previous reference to "hard holding SOB's that can read the wind like it's a children's book."

😁

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Shooting targets in controlled ranges is far different than hitting stuff when it counts.
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Big Stick is who I would bet on.

I'd take that bet. There's people on here that have won national level precision rifle competitions.

If you're putting money on the guy who has dodged any and every invite to actually back up his talk in an environment with spectators, I'll take the he field every day ending in "Y". But it would never happen, since he's demonstrated repeatedly that he won't compete.

I know it's not me. Never went distinguished shooting service rifle, and some here have.

I did win the "scuba squad" award at an event last year for wettest run in a monsoon type downpour. Hit the 500yd steel first shot, but couldn't see the 400yd target at all, and basically ended up middle of the pack. But there were obstacles and running, which helped a lot.

Shooting targets at controlled ranges is far different than hitting [bleep] when [bleep] needs to be hit.

Amen...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Coyotes shot no waiting.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I can make you nervous if I’m shooting at you at 700 yards, as long as you ain’t shooting back.

That ain’t long range, though.

P

For me & you maybe whistle

But in all seriousness, I think the term long range is considered to be 600 - 1000 yards. They're saying extreme long range when passing a grand. Not sure when that ends, as many are shooting 2 grand & more these days, Is there a handle for that?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim270

Do I know you ??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ldholton
I would say the answer would vary with the different disciplines. it's discipline takes its own unique set of skills. Benchrest , F class silhouette, PRC , the granted the same people can usually Excel when they change over to a different discipline great example is David Tubbs. a lot of people or maybe most people know the name through the camp Perry shooting with the man also dominated the silhouette game for many years..

Most accomplished LR shooter in history, and it ain't even remotely close.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (7887mm08, 10Glocks, AussieGunWriter, 44mc, 35, 12 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,251
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.