Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Anyone Cerakote a semi auto shotgun with a black synthetic stock and willing to share a couple pictures of it? I recently picked up a left handed Franchi Affinity 3 twenty gauge in left land. They only make the leftie version with the black synthetic stock. I really don't like the look of the black on black guns. Debating on buying a wood stock set or having the frame and receiver cerakoted a sloid color. I really like the look of the wood stocks, but man, the Benelli/Franchi groups doesn't exactly give those things away smile

Would love to see some examples of cerakoted shotguns with black stocks. Solid colors only please. Trying to find some examples I like. So far, the Tungsten models from Weatherby is the front runner I think.

Appreciate the consideration.

Adam

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well before I ordered an expensive wood stock set I'd sure as hell find out if the wood was cast for a right hand shooter. You just said they weren't avaijible for lefty guns. So my guess unless it is factory neutral it is cast off for a right hand shooter. Your money..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
They are neutral with a shim kit for cast on/off.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Look at MAD Custom Coatings gallery.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I had my Browning B-80 fully Cerakoted. All metal and wood.

This is on my B-80, but the stock was already dinged up. Also, my LOP is 16.5" which required 3 plastic spacers and a buttpad. It just didn't look great. It was also really slippery to hold and the bluing was pretty worn. I had the metal all Cerakoted and was wavering on the wood, but decided to go ahead with it and am glad I did. I would have gladly bought a synthetic stock for my B-80, but they don't make them. Only thing I wish I would have had him do, if possible, is to change it from a pistol grip to a Prince of Wales. I like the POW grip/look more.

One thing the Cerakoter did was to stipple the pistol grip and he also put some sand/grip in the Cerakote as well (or under it). So, there are a bunch of little bumps that help a lot with the grip. I sweat a lot so need all the help I can get.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks Dan! What color is of grey is the receiver and barrel?

Adam

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by redleg733
Thanks Dan! What color is of grey is the receiver and barrel?

Adam
I thought I had that somewhere, but can't seem to find the mixture that was used. I will ask the guy who did it. I am sure he has it on file.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,674
Posts18,493,813
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.