Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Sad day, from Facebook...................

This is a hard post to make, but here goes. After decades of faithful service to the shooting community we are closing to the public, as you know everyone is having to pay more for everything and we’re no different. The cost of staying open has become to great to continue on. Please be advised if you have an existing order we’re working diligently to get them filled in the quickest time possible and we’re not taking any new orders. If it’s on our website we have it here and we’ll leave it up for awhile longer. We will still be running production jobs for a couple of great companies. Thank you all for your support over the years!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh no!!!!

Seriously, they made great products. Loved their barrels!

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That Sucks!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’d read yesterday their lead times kept getting pushed out /delayed. I’d guess labor shortage/lack of qualified workers.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Geez. That sucks. Frank and Theresa are good people and always have been.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thank your local democrats.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“ We will still be running production jobs for a couple of great companies.”

It sounds like they’re getting out of selling to the public and are focusing on wholesale.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sad to hear. Frank White built my first Service Rifle upper when I moved to the AR. He was an innovator and a creative force in accurate ARs. He always treated me fairly and made things right when they weren't.

I had been on the CLE webpage over the Holidays and learned that Frank had retired and his son Conrad was now running the business. I also noticed reduced offerings at CLE. I'm going to guess an unsuccessful transition.

Last edited by ChrisF; 01/03/24.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Sad to hear. Frank White built my first Service Rifle upper when I moved to the AR. He was an innovator and a creative force in accurate ARs. He always treated me fairly and made things right when they weren't.

I had been on the CLE webpage over the Holidays and learned that Frank had retired and his son Conrad was now running the business. I also noticed reduced offerings at CLE. I'm going to guess an unsuccessful transition.

That sucks. I know some manufactures say they have CLE chambers. Wondering if those barrels are actually put out by CLE, then redistributed through those manufactures? For example: the Windham Weaponry barrels I use. They are not inexpensive barrels either, and shoot lights out.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If it was, it sure wasn't because of any reduction in quality. I've been using them for supplies as of late and everything was top-notch.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If it was, it sure wasn't because of any reduction in quality. I've been using them for supplies as of late and everything was top-notch.

Or perhaps they just got a couple of big contracts. After all, there are a couple of wars going on.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Geez. That sucks. Frank and Theresa are good people and always have been.

+1

I drove to visit Frank when I was at Ft. Benning with the Army Marksmanship uni. There was a scheduling mishap, but he cleared his schedule and barreled my Service rifle on the spot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spoke to Theresa yesterday. She and Frank are healthy and enjoying life. Frank still does some machine work outside of the shooting realm. Compass Lake Engineering LLC (Conrad's company) will continue to do contract machine work. Best wishes to the Whites.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That sucks. I know some manufactures say they have CLE chambers. Wondering if those barrels are actually put out by CLE, then redistributed through those manufactures? For example: the Windham Weaponry barrels I use. They are not inexpensive barrels either, and shoot lights out.
CLE chamber is a design. Like a Wylde. Or Holliger.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to seem them get out of the consumer market but I'm sure it was strictly a financial business decision.

Less inventory, faster through put with fewer setups & probably fewer people.

Probably a lower margin per unit, but there must be enough volume to compensate.

I won't be too surprised to see the same thing happen with Craddock Precision in the not too distant future.

MM

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I talked to Theresa at CLE today and she said they could not honor my order because I had stipulated a Bartlein barrel. CLE will no longer deal with Bartlein barrels because Bartlien will not warranty their barrels. I changed my order to allow a Kreiger barrel and Theresa said shipment should be possible by the end of the month. She also said that Paul will continue custom work but not under the CLE banner. I wonder what caused the sudden shift to no warranty at Bartlein?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dang, sorry to hear that. Then again, they did seem a little overloaded at the 4th when I was over there, so with all these wars and [bleep] I'm not super surprised.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skitish
I talked to Theresa at CLE today and she said they could not honor my order because I had stipulated a Bartlein barrel. CLE will no longer deal with Bartlein barrels because Bartlien will not warranty their barrels. I changed my order to allow a Kreiger barrel and Theresa said shipment should be possible by the end of the month. She also said that Paul will continue custom work but not under the CLE banner. I wonder what caused the sudden shift to no warranty at Bartlein?

It might be that CLE and Bartlein have competing ideas on what was/is a warranty issue or not. Bartlein says "gunsmith screwed up" - CLE says "bad barrel" and they never come to an agreement. CLE refuses to do business and says "they don't honor warranty" Bartlein goes about working on their backlog of orders.

Happens a lot in B2B beefs. I wouldn't shy away from EITHER vendor because of it. Both solid/known brands (until they aren't but I don't believe we're at that point)

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well Hollinger is still around. I wonder how much longer?

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/company/meet-the-team.html

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I got an e-mail that my 6.5 Grendel Barrel shipped last week (02/01/2024). I hope to see it in the next day or two. I am sure that it will be a tack driver.

Bob R

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.