Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
won't be long before technology just auto checks you out. You put stuff in your cart and a scanner will ring up everything for you as you walkout the door. Won't matter if you have it in your coat or hidden in a sock. Automatically deducts it from your bank account or charges your designated credit card.

Then you'll want to check your receipt.

Already exists. IIRC Amazon has the patent and employs it in Whole Foods stores in some locations.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Using self checkout isn't an option- - - -once they get us thoroughly programmed to do that, the next step will be making us unload the trucks out back for them, and stocking shelves, so the EBT crowd can spend more of our tax dollars. Has anybody ever seen the 400 pound N I G G A P O T A MUS on her electric scooter, with her herd of niglet shoplifters trailing behind ever use a self check? Nope, I haven't either.

Years ago, there was a website called Topix. You could pick your local area, and get on there and basically gossip. I would make up different names and post crap. One of my best ones was where I said I was a Black woman named Jasminelique and I was in Walmart that morning, riding on my scooter, with my 3 little kids hanging on. Some old white man said to another one, look at that welfare queen with those little pickaninnies. I said that I couldn't help it because I had a bad back and couldn't work, but that I didn't know what the word pickaninnnies meant. Probably got about 50 different responses, with some of them calling it a fake post, but a lot swallowed that story. One person responded and said that her complaint was that those scooters weren't big enough.......I could just picture some big old Black woman as the poster.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by logger
Costco does the same thing (twice) and you get to pay for the privilege.
And you never hear anyone complain.

That said I can't recall the last time anyone even asked for my receipt at Walmart. And now you have a choice, ie I really don't even need to print a receipt according to their screen. They have it all on camera anyway.

But being rude to any worker, especially an older one, is just rude. If I'm around you would hear an earful from me on how you are a jackazz

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The people checking the receipts on the way out never check my cart contents. They check the date on the receipt and put their color mark on it. I get waved through frequently...

Many people just need something to bitch about...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Using self checkout isn't an option- - - -once they get us thoroughly programmed to do that, the next step will be making us unload the trucks out back for them, and stocking shelves, so the EBT crowd can spend more of our tax dollars. Has anybody ever seen the 400 pound N I G G A P O T A MUS on her electric scooter, with her herd of niglet shoplifters trailing behind ever use a self check? Nope, I haven't either.

Years ago, there was a website called Topix. You could pick your local area, and get on there and basically gossip. I would make up different names and post crap. One of my best ones was where I said I was a Black woman named Jasminelique and I was in Walmart that morning, riding on my scooter, with my 3 little kids hanging on. Some old white man said to another one, look at that welfare queen with those little pickaninnies. I said that I couldn't help it because I had a bad back and couldn't work, but that I didn't know what the word pickaninnnies meant. Probably got about 50 different responses, with some of them calling it a fake post, but a lot swallowed that story. One person responded and said that her complaint was that those scooters weren't big enough.......I could just picture some big old Black woman as the poster.
Why. Just why do people do these things and think they are funny. Not adult yet?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
won't be long before technology just auto checks you out. You put stuff in your cart and a scanner will ring up everything for you as you walkout the door. Won't matter if you have it in your coat or hidden in a sock. Automatically deducts it from your bank account or charges your designated credit card.

Then you'll want to check your receipt.

Already exists. IIRC Amazon has the patent and employs it in Whole Foods stores in some locations.

while I am against a cashless society, this technology as long as its accurate would not bother me at all.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

Well, aren't you special?

Yes I am

Surely this didn't happen in a PA walmart you ffucking lying troll! Let's see the receipt gemby58....

Last edited by grovey; 01/03/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

That said I can't recall the last time anyone even asked for my receipt at Walmart. And now you have a choice, ie I really don't even need to print a receipt according to their screen. They have it all on camera anyway.

But being rude to any worker, especially an older one, is just rude. If I'm around you would hear an earful from me on how you are a jackazz

I think the reason you don't hear complaints from Costco is they were doing it before they implemented self check out - and it was for your benefit, that an item wasn't being charged double for example.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Walmart drove the other stores out of rural areas.

No they didn't. The people who stopped shopping at the other stores and instead went to Walmart did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think the reason you don't hear complaints from Costco is they were doing it before they implemented self check out - and it was for your benefit, that an item wasn't being charged double for example.

You also agree to it in the TOS when you sign up for club store memberships such as Costco and Sam's Club.

Not so when you walk into a Walmart.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Walmart drove the other stores out of rural areas.

No they didn't. The people who stopped shopping at the other stores and instead went to Walmart did.

its a lot easier to blame the big stores .....bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I also had no idea the 'rage' that ensues when some poor old fuucker asks to look at your receipt.

Not defendind the vid above, however

Whenever it's my last option and have to enter a walmart, my rage is usually firmly established long before i see a greeter .....due to our demographics, $8 items are often behind locked glass sliding doors.....hard to control the case of tourettes when having to find that one employee on the other end who is rumored to have the key. Usually No need to show a receipt for a sale that never happened.......i have bad attitude about such things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Why. Just why do people do these things and think they are funny. Not adult yet?

I cannot recall the number of times I've been in Walmart and witnessed an elderly person, who needed to be in one the scooters, being forced to hobbling around the store because all the available scooters had been taken by 400 pound mostly Black women. The only thing wrong with those 400 pond women was being too damn fat and lazy to walk like everyone else. So, whenever I get the chance to bring up the subject, I gladly do so. It is a very common sight here in my part of the world.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have no problem showing my recite to them.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Old guy checked my receipt on my way out of Wal-Mart last summer. So I showed it to him and said; "See? I'm good to go", and then wound up talking to him a bit. I asked if he wanted to see if my receipt matched what was in my hand. He said they make him check the date on the receipt ever since some A-holes would buy something legally one day and then come back the next day with yesterdays receipt, grab the same thing off the shelf and walk out with yesterdays receipt in their hand. So now, I bet they probably come back and pull that chit later the same day.
I worked at Walmart for 2 1/2 years. It was an OK job and I got 10% off on most items. You wouldn't believe the thieves that haunt your local Walmart. I caught one twice picking up items and walking out the tire shop doors. I would be fired for the same thing today. We have a very expensive fishing rod that got stolen weekly. $125 every time it was returned to the thief. We told the ladies up front at the return desk but they said they had to return the money as per Walmart rules.

The lawyers of America have everyone scared stiff about stopping suspected shoplifters. The lawyer's cash in and so do the shoplifters. That should say volumes about our current legal industry. (no, it's not a system)

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 01/03/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All you tough guys that will never darken the door of Wallyworld, where do you get your basic supplies? Schidt paper, shampoo, dish soap, paper towels and such?
You get them at the grocery store for half again the price just to prove a point?

Perhaps the local DG?

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Walmart is pretty much it for shopping here. They don't check reciepts in this area or the surrounding stores either. When I have been in stores where the area has lots of blacks they do check reciepts when you leave. Probably a lawsuit available there.
Another thing, Walmart will fire a Walmart Employee if they try to prevent theft or try to stop a customer in the.parking lot. The woman in that video at the mans truck was let go as soon as Walmart management found out about it. They will call the police to arrest shoplifters but Walmart employees are hands off.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
All you tough guys that will never darken the door of Wallyworld, where do you get your basic supplies? Schidt paper, shampoo, dish soap, paper towels and such?
You get them at the grocery store for half again the price just to prove a point?

Perhaps the local DG?
Maybe Rural Kang

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Duckhunter

Perhaps the local DG?
Their 300 lb wives Imogene and Hortense go to walmart and get that stuff while theyre sitting on their ass watching Hondo for the 23rd foucking time and yakking on their Ham Radio. 😂😂

Old guys like to heroize an old fat guy about 60 beating people up and bossing cur dogs around.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got to love the worker that check your receipts when your heading out the door, they take there job seriously, I take my recept and balled them up and put them in my pocket, i was asked for it when leaving and took the balled up receipt and put it in her hand, she asked me to unball it as it wasn't her job to do so, told her it wasent my job checking myself out either

why are some boomers such dicks?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.