Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Hold one moment; looking for a headline to cut&paste.

Actually it's copy & paste you dumb chit.
lol

My goodness - and I thought you were an expert at SOMETHING.

They both work.
Try it sometime.
Dumbshit.

Hey Smartass, why don't you put your whiskey bottle away for a change, maybe go play with your King Crabs or something.

BTW, you are wrong fug'n moron. Try "cutting" something from a website. Sober up fool.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Creedmoors

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Creedmoors
LOL

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hold one moment; looking for a headline to cut&paste.

Actually it's copy & paste you dumb chit.
lol

My goodness - and I thought you were an expert at SOMETHING.

They both work.
Try it sometime.
Dumbshit.

Hey Smartass, why don't you put your whiskey bottle away for a change, maybe go play with your King Crabs or something.

BTW, you are wrong fug'n moron. Try "cutting" something from a website. Sober up fool.

No drinking; just tire of your cut&past inanity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Try mov'n on to another thread then loser, because I've had it with your constant smartass routine.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Try mov'n on to another thread then loser, because I've had it with your constant smartass routine.
Oh my. You’ve had it? I’m terribly sorry. You must’ve confused me with someone having a fùck to give.

You bombard the classifieds with overpriced goods; cut&paste here like a madman; and get upset when others point it out and toss some grief your way?

Sounds a lot like “good for me; but not for thee.” Quaint; and rather liberal-esque.

Get bent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System

A little about the noise makers, more about what puts them on target and the
capabilities.

They can sometimes hit satellites!
Or intercept ICBMS!

This ain't your Pappy's destroyer.

WWII destroyers were sacrificial support ships.

Arleigh Burkes would kick the dog poop out of WWII capital ships.
Swatting their reconnaissance planes out of the air and ramming a missle down
their throat while never being detected.

Just another example of a lower level American asset that most countries
would love to have. And it would be their pride and joy.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
And then, there are the assets that do NOT get discussed in internet forums... wink

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
as the great Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along?" smile

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Microfiche. Those were the days. Until they weren't. And I didn't have to hit many keys.
Replacing Gurley transits with Wild T-16's was a major step up. Optical plummet!

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't care what they use, just keep up the good work

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stickfight
You need to be more understanding of boomer culture. They are used to having their information delivered to them via Walter Cronkite or the like on the 6:00 news.

Having to actually go actively locate information is not something a Bonner is going to do.

Well you obviously:
1. Have no clue about (sic) Boomer culture
2.Broad brushed generalizations are the trademarks of the simple minded

But to the subject at hand, a few here have mentioned weapons selection to include just about everything from air to air (AMRAAM), air to ground (HellFire) Surface to air (All version of the Standard Missile), and 5"/54, 50 and 7.62 weapons to neutralize. Yes we are spending a LOT of money (upeards of 2.5M/per copy in the case of the Standard Missile) to shoot down inexpensive crap, but the bottom line is to save lives and they are working. Yes we do need to be careful of depleting our inventories, but until we go in and neutralize the source, to include freezing of Iranian assets, destruction of their training facilities AND oil exporting ports, this will continue.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Not really. NONE of their armaments (to include conventional warhead Cruise Missiles) have the capability to penetrate their armor and all the IOWA class BB's were equipped (when they were brought out of mothballs in the 80s) with modern missile defenses (CIWS comes to mind). So yes, to your point they are not your grandad's Tin Cans, but ....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You bombard the classifieds with overpriced goods; cut&paste here like a madman; and get upset when others point it out and toss some grief your way?

Sitting in a trailer drinking all day, on the internet trying to provoke people, parroting bullchit, it's a pathetic life you live trying to impress the other forum kids how tough you are.

Why don't you quit worrying about my life and mind your fug'n business you drunk old fool.

You should do the world a favor, fall off a boat in very rough seas and disappear. I'm sure that scraggly old beard of yours that looks like a floor mop will drag you under never to seen again. The crabs will be able to feast on your fat a$$ for a very long time. The world will be a better place and nobody will miss ol' "Whisky Jack".

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

A little about the noise makers, more about what puts them on target and the
capabilities.

They can sometimes hit satellites!
Or intercept ICBMS!

This ain't your Pappy's destroyer.

WWII destroyers were sacrificial support ships.

Swatting their reconnaissance planes out of the air and ramming a missle down
their throat while never being detected.

Just another example of a lower level American asset that most countries
would love to have. And it would be their pride and joy.

Indeed. Although Jorge points out some difficulties if an Arleigh Burke class were to attack one of the US's capital ships, but let's just keep in mind that 1944 was 79 years ago, and technology of that day ain't really comparable...

I've been following Ward Carroll's channel on YouTube for a while. He has done some pretty detailed reports on the weapons being used by the Navy (Arleigh Burke class destroyers, as well as aircraft from carriers) on a regular basis, if you care to look. Seens like it's the whole array of weaponry has been deployed over the past month or so. Shooting down arrows but not doing much about the archer so far.

Last edited by DocRocket; 01/04/24.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You need to be more understanding of boomer culture. They are used to having their information delivered to them via Walter Cronkite or the like on the 6:00 news.

Having to actually go actively locate information is not something a Bonner is going to do.

Well you obviously:
1. Have no clue about (sic) Boomer culture
2.Broad brushed generalizations are the trademarks of the simple minded

But to the subject at hand, a few here have mentioned weapons selection to include just about everything from air to air (AMRAAM), air to ground (HellFire) Surface to air (All version of the Standard Missile), and 5"/54, 50 and 7.62 weapons to neutralize. Yes we are spending a LOT of money (upeards of 2.5M/per copy in the case of the Standard Missile) to shoot down inexpensive crap, but the bottom line is to save lives and they are working. Yes we do need to be careful of depleting our inventories, but until we go in and neutralize the source, to include freezing of Iranian assets, destruction of their training facilities AND oil exporting ports, this will continue.

So ww3 with Iran and trillions more in war debt will help America while millions of illegals flood our country??

Maybe send the the military back to Afghanistan to try and get back the 68 billion in weapons they stole from us after the Taliban goat herders beat us in a 20 year war. Lol

Neo conned and Neo
Liberal Boomers love endless wars to the detriment of America. No wonder our country is collapsing at such an alarming rate

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If we had a functioning Navy and CIC, the whole Yemen coastline would be beat up pretty good every time those sand-coons so much as threw a rock at a passing ship.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
If we had a functioning Navy and CIC, the whole Yemen coastline would be beat up pretty good every time those sand-coons so much as threw a rock at a passing ship.

Boomer you should grab your savage 99 and fly over there and fight for our new western values. Lol

You know values like trafficking American children for sex with the global elite

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Not really. NONE of their armaments (to include conventional warhead Cruise Missiles) have the capability to penetrate their armor and all the IOWA class BB's were equipped (when they were brought out of mothballs in the 80s) with modern missile defenses (CIWS comes to mind). So yes, to your point they are not your grandad's Tin Cans, but ....

Iowa class were for their time😏 the schizz.

Sure wouldn’t disrespect them, it was more about the awesomeness of the ABs.

How armored were the decks of those battle ships?

Mentioned how proud most countries would be of an Arliegh Burke, they would be at least as proud of an 80 year old Iowa in its updated form. Most couldn’t support either.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you tried using the search bar of your favorite search engine?

The internet has now been around for about 30 years.

Don't Hate, Snowflake!

And for the record, I searched 3 different news sites looking for the details, before posting....

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1moredeer, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,012
Posts18,500,284
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.