Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by 458Win
My first, and last, dealing with Dan was when I asked him if he would weld a Mannlicher style spoon handle on my Borden Rimrock 30-06 as the handle Jim built was good but it protruded more than I prefer on a mountain rifle.
All Dan said was “I won’t install kitchenware on a Borden !”

He had done good work for me but one thing is for certain, he is without a doubt the most opinionated man in all of Alaska

I heard he did good work, which was why I contacted him in the first place, but he was adamant that he thought a Mannlicher, or Mauser type M bolt handle was inappropriate on a Borden action. Even after I told him I had talked with Jim Borden about it and he had no problem with the concept.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My first, and last, dealing with Dan was when I asked him if he would weld a Mannlicher style spoon handle on my Borden Rimrock 30-06 as the handle Jim built was good but it protruded more than I prefer on a mountain rifle.

He had done good work for me but one thing is for certain, he is without a doubt the most opinionated man in all of Alaska

I heard he did good work, which was why I contacted him in the first place, but he was adamant that he thought a Mannlicher, or Mauser type M bolt handle was inappropriate on a Borden action. Even after I told him I had talked with Jim Borden about it and he had no problem with the concept.

Simple-
Send the bolt back to the manufacturer (Jim Borden) for a kitchen utensil upgrade.
or
use some mechanical aptitude & modify the handle.

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought I would first try supporting a local business and was hoping I might find one better than the Junk man, with the capability and knowledge to do the job.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Phil, you'll be surprised to know, that THE biggest egos in Alaska, are not bear guides, but these fkn Fairbanks guys.

I really don't understand, these fkn twatts. They live in a suburban sprawl, live in modern residential homes, pay impressive property taxes. BUT, they all think they're God's greatest gift to the outdoors.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DANS40XC

Simple-
Send the bolt back to the manufacturer (Jim Borden) for a kitchen utensil upgrade.
or

Simple, sht yer fkn mouth and make me a sandwich.

(See Phil, this is how you deal with fairbanks guys)

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Originally Posted by DANS40XC

Simple-
or

Simple, sht yer fkn mouth and make me a sandwich.

(See Phil, this is how you deal with fairbanks guys)

And you are who?? Sir, I was just looking for Dan, not a [bleep] show! Start your own thread if you want to run a person down. Also, I think Phil can handle his own.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You guys are too much

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
He welded a Remington 700 bolt for me back in 2021 or so. So far, no problems to report.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dan has done at least 8 for me. I learn a lot from him on every conversation.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Received my bolt today in Excellent Condition. I'm sorry if some of you may have had an unhappy meeting with Dan, but his work is over the top.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (35, 2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 20 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,965
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.