Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We just received a bill that is 50% higher than the month before with no change in use or services. I understand inflation, but my quick google work shows 50% over a decade is more typical.

What are you seeing for inflation?

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Based on the price of groceries and fuel since FJB moved into the White House I would say 50% is conservative over the last two or three years if you haven’t seen an increase since 2020. I think 75% is more realistic.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The town sent a letter of explanation stating the need for maintaining our system. Oddly enough the mayor also developed 5% of the new lots in town.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
10-12% here

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by high_country_
The town sent a letter of explanation stating the need for maintaining our system. Oddly enough the mayor also developed 5% of the new lots in town.

County I just moved out of just added a "storm water runoff fee" to their bills, residential and commercial. Buddy with a warehouse and big parking lot had 3k added to his quarterly bill. Yet they have done nothing to fix drainage issues since all this started.

We are on a septic so we only pay for water, but county changed to smart meters called "master meters". Everyones water bill skyrocketed, mine went from 40 bucks to 240 a month, buddys went from 240 to 1k at his house. Took me months to get mine rectified, supposedly the meters aren't accurate and I know industrial suppliers that have stopped selling them to municipalities because of the issue.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My city water is about $45 a month

no sewer
no gas

They siphon off $5 a month for “landfill fees” for use of our convenience stations. Attach that fee via monthly electric

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Lol, yep they sent me one of them letters, bill went up 120%.

Swifty
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I feel for you all who have to live in a city/village etc... They have you by the short-hairs - and they know it..

I have a well. I have a sewer. Only thing I pay for is garbage and that's $75/mo..

I've told my wife since the day we got married that I will never live inside some 'city limits' unless I'm in a nursing home - and at that time I won't GAS...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No water or sewer bill here. Well and septic.

Electric this year vs last = small increase, something like a couple of cents per Kw/hr

Trash bill for the dumpster went up $4 -$5 a month

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Redneck
I feel for you all who have to live in a city/village etc... They have you by the short-hairs - and they know it..

I have a well. I have a sewer. Only thing I pay for is garbage and that's $75/mo..

I've told my wife since the day we got married that I will never live inside some 'city limits' unless I'm in a nursing home - and at that time I won't GAS...

Same here though we do pay electric and propane.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv

County I just moved out of just added a "storm water runoff fee" to their bills, residential and commercial. Buddy with a warehouse and big parking lot had 3k added to his quarterly bill. Yet they have done nothing to fix drainage issues since all this started.

We are on a septic so we only pay for water, but county changed to smart meters called "master meters". Everyones water bill skyrocketed, mine went from 40 bucks to 240 a month, buddys went from 240 to 1k at his house. Took me months to get mine rectified, supposedly the meters aren't accurate and I know industrial suppliers that have stopped selling them to municipalities because of the issue.

We had that here too. They had installed meters that measure by the gallon and were charging by the cu/ft....which is nearly 7.5 gallons.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you think sewer is free they’ll get somewhere else. Sanity gravity and forcemain sewers are not cheap to maintain. Too many nuances with besides just gravity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
If you think sewer is free they’ll get somewhere else. Sanity gravity and forcemain sewers are not cheap to maintain. Too many nuances with besides just gravity.

That's what's going on right now in the little spot in the road town I live in.

Sewer and water systems old and failing, when it rains much over a couple inches in a day the storm water leaks into sewer enough to overwhelm the pumps. The next town down the road passes the turd water through to the bigger treatment plant and they charge the little spot in the road town a whopping bill. Spot in the road can't pay it. Here comes the state to take over. I'm sure all that will go well.

Thinking about getting one of them Cadillac chitter seats for a 5 gal bucket.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We got rid of our trash service last fall so we now have none of the above. The trash bill kept going up and up. When it hit $50 a month, we dropped it. We bag it up in large heavy duty bags and we have a place to keep them. About once every 2 months I haul them to a transfer station about 8 miles away for $5. It's not out of the way and I'm by there on occasion anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by slumlord

When we were on the city sewage we were charged a sewage rate which depended on your usage. First house had a sprinkler system and I went crazy with that thing the first year, til that sewage rate got updated. My sewage rate was more than the water. They explained to me that they base your sewage rate where I was at on your lowest 8 months of usage, so for basically 4 months out of the year, you can go crazy with the water. I however ran them from March to October that first year. Other option was to have a 2nd water meter installed at a tune of 1500 bucks just for the sprinkler system that sewage wouldn't be calculated on, I chose to cut back on my sprinklin'.

Trash pickup is on your where I'm at now, old place it was required and 120 every 3 months. Now I just take it to the local dump myself for free or find a dumpster at an apartment complex to use.

Last edited by killerv; 01/05/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Water here around 80 a month, Gas 75, electric 125 a month.

We were told utilities would double in the next five years, cause rates haven't been raised In many years.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well and septic at my house, so no bill at all until they decided to charge us a "storm water management fee". They told the citizens that it would only be for two years until upgrades in the systems were completed then the fee would go away. Everything was upgraded after two years, but 10 years later we're still being charged. There's not a storm water drain within a mile of my house, yet I have to pay them $45/month to "manage" my storm water. Frickin thieves.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably just sloppy meter reading. Call ‘em and request they look again

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Electric averages $75-$100 month.
Don't pay sewage. We have a lagoon.
Water?
Whole different story!
Our RWD had been supplying everyone with wells. About two years ago, they decided they needed a "surface water treatment" plant. 😖
When we first moved here in '02, water averaged $45/$50/month. Since they built the plant, they push $100 every month!
Garbage, due to fuel prices, went up over $100/month!
Called and told them, "I won't do that! I'll go back to a burn barrel!"
They reduced the bill to $99.50!!!! 😖

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, septic,take my own garbage out. Other prices are up 50-200% overall, since the Trump Admin, tho.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,726
Posts18,475,896
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.