Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I would buy a 8 twist Tikka SS 243 and have the barrel set back and rechambered for 6 creed. That can be done for under 1k.

What would be the advantage when the T3 has a long action?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Obviously I'm a fan. Have several and they are a just do it. On a 22 Creedmoor collection now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As OEM goes,I shoot a RPR too. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The Seex Kreed has lower ES/SD values,than the 243Win. Hint.

Teekers are S/S and that helps a bunch,but they really need to chamber Seex Kreed in CTR,because those are the only mags they make,that are worth a fhuqk. Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should put a better trigger in that Ruger.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Timney

You're welcome. 😉

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JDK
For someone on a budget ($1,000 or less) what would you get (not sure I want the Howa)?

If that's just the rifle there are plenty of RA Predators, CZ 600 Alpha, and Savage 110 available online for under $1000. I don't think Howa even catalogs a 6mm Creedmoor anymore.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by JDK
For someone on a budget ($1,000 or less) what would you get (not sure I want the Howa)?

If that's just the rifle there are plenty of RA Predators, CZ 600 Alpha, and Savage 110 available online for under $1000. I don't think Howa even catalogs a 6mm Creedmoor anymore.

There's still some of the Brownell's barreled actions floating around. I should've bought one.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDK

I'd much rather have a Howa than a any of the above. There are still some Howa's floating around.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
S/S bores win by light years. Hint.

Bang for the buck,pass the Waypoint,though I've only shot (4) of 'em so chambered. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RIO7
The .243 has been my go to for many years, then I went to the .243 A.I. 1 x 8 twist and it became my go to gun, then along came the 6 CM that i will call the .243 improved every thing about the 6 CM is easier reloading Powder bullet selection the 6 CM in a handy hunting rifle is a real cream puff that kills way above it's weight class. YMMV Rio7

Blue..

hope this finds ya doing well ol friend. Thanks for your simple analogy, much like anything you post.

You are one of the most practical and experienced guys I think the campfire has to offer.

a good reason I've always respected you so much.

Hope you enjoy a very good 2024.

best regards,
seafire.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
S/S bores win by light years. Hint.

Bang for the buck,pass the Waypoint,though I've only shot (4) of 'em so chambered. Hint.................

Have you tried the carbon-wrapped barrels?

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I likely have more Seex Kreed's than I think and I think I have quite a few. It is mechanically a much superior vessel to the 243 Win,none of which is subjective. Hint.

I only have (1) Howie so chambered and it's a hammer,though I drive it in a McMillan. Hint.

Having multiple Mini Howie Bitches in Carbon,I'd not want my Howie Kreed Sporter in same,because the balance would be schit. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Mine was a 250-300 dollar barreled action from Brownells, just like BS and Kalebs I believe. I put mine in a McMillan as well.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

It was alot of bang for the buck back when we grabbed em.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking at going this direction for my next one.

PVA barreled action

Great deal, and apparently good shooters. If you already have a stock or chassis, it's an even better deal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by goalie

PVA barreled action

Great deal, and apparently good shooters. If you already have a stock or chassis, it's an even better deal.

6mmCreedmoor for the win, Along with PVA. Josh does a great job with his products

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks,are always licking windows on the outside,DREAMING of getting in. Hint...............

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

PVA barreled action

I don't think that's the route I'd go for a hunting rifle. You'll be looking at an almost 6lb barreled action by the time you add bottom metal, mag, and a #4 Brux contour barrel. You'll be close to 9lbs if not over by the time you add a stock and optics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think that's the route I'd go for a hunting rifle. You'll be looking at an almost 6lb barreled action by the time you add bottom metal, mag, and a #4 Brux contour barrel. You'll be close to 9lbs if not over by the time you add a stock and optics.

It's not gonna be hunting specific. But it will be fine for the location I can shoot to 350 at deer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks,are always licking windows on the outside,DREAMING of getting in. Hint...............

Do you prefer the carbon or the steel?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
24” Proof CF, 1:7.5 twist. It’s a drill with 108gr Hybrids and one of my favorite rifles. I have been impressed with how well it performs on deer and hogs. It “acts” much larger than it is.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

PVA barreled action

Wish it came in 6 Dasher, just for giggles

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have some 108 Booger HighBirds headed for the house and will fling some in my Accuracy International AT-X Seex Kreed. I've never liked Boogers on Critters,but they tend to shoot well. Hint.

If I toss the K&P 7" Dasher spout on my Accuracy International AT,I'll try them there too. Hint.

112's are fhuqking AMAZING and a Booger can't even begin to touch them in flight characteristics. Hint...............

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,462
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.