As a left-handed shooter, I tend to pay extra attention to the manufacturers who regularly make LH rifles. Early last year, Sako announced the upcoming release of their 90 model so I've been curious to see what variations they were going to release in LH versions since they only produced a small subset of the 85's with this feature. One of the confusing things about this is that the global site, the USA site & the distributors weren't all in sync. The global site lists a large number of models that could potentially be produced (the Hunter model alone currently has 220 variations with not all of the calibers listed) but all of the global model numbers use a different pattern from what I'm seeing being sold in the USA.

I don't know if I'll actually buy one of them as the prices have jumped noticeably from what the 85's were selling for just a few years ago (no big surprise there). But as someone who has a fondness for some of the classic calibers, if I want a LH rifle in 6.5x55, 9.3x62, 375 H&H, etc. then this is one company whose product line I pay attention to.

Anyway, to keep track of things and get a bit of clarity since I'm not a huge fan of their new website design, I put the information I could find into an Excel spreadsheet just so I could easily see what is (and more importantly what might become) available. I didn't know if this would be useful to anyone else, but I decided to post a screenshot of it anyway since I know there are some Sako fans here. Basically a dash indicates a RH model that Sako has indicated they intend to produce but I haven't seen a USA model for sale yet. A number (e.g. 20/24) indicates the barrel lengths that are currently being produced for that model / caliber combination. So there's 9 LH versions available right now and about 6x that in RH models.

The USA model numbers appears to follow the pattern of: JRS90 + Model Code + RH/LH Code + Caliber Code + /Barrel

So a JRS90ADV315/20 is a RH Adventure model in 243 Win with a 20" barrel. Changing the 3 = RH to a 4 = LH switches it from a 315 RH to a 415 LH version JRS90ADV415/20 for the same model.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by odonata; 01/08/24.