-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I know its nothing new, higher prices and non availability etc. I've been seeing more articles about next year getting worse after the small improvements over the last year.

Anyone buying (hoarding? LoL) before the new year?

I just got into the last 10k small pistol primers (bought a lot after the Obummer shortages) so I took a chance on 10k Ginex spp from this place,
https://krarmory.com/small-pistol-p...-free-shipping--no-limits-brass-cup.html
About 0.075 each inc shipping.

Reviews on them are not so bad, some say they are a bit on the big side but I can deal with that. I load mostly 9mm on a Dillon 1050. That machine is easy to adjust primer depth and has a built in pocket swage as well.

My primer stash was holding up ok until I retired and started loading and shooting like it was my new job. I had sort of banked on a 2nd Trump admin to allow prices to fall into more reasonable territory. I was so wrong.....

Merry Christmas!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ginex primers are decent. I found them a bit tight with their SP primers, but they go bang just fine.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't do much for a Klondike bar, but a keg of 2400.....well, that's a different story

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I wouldn't do much for a Klondike bar, but a keg of 2400.....well, that's a different story

I understand, been hoping to find a big jug of Sport Pistol local. No luck so far, maybe have to get it shipped.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Bruno’s has it for 10% off right now. $314, probably negates the shipping / hazmat.

Was torn between getting Bullseye or BE-86. Went with the BE-86.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Futura!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Is krarmory legit? You guys getting your orders? Thinking of ordering myself. Never heard of this place and looking for reassurance. Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ring3
Is krarmory legit? You guys getting your orders? Thinking of ordering myself. Never heard of this place and looking for reassurance. Thanks.

I'll let you know when I get the primer order.

Appears they are in TN.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just checked Natchez, and they have Federal SPP for $74.99 per 1000, with a limit of "10 pieces" per day.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
(Blindshooter) I had been waiting for sport pistol for a long time. Brownells just got 8 pounders in and I ordered one, so I am good for a while. If you need some they had $307.00 on 8 pounders, not good but cheaper than Powder Valley and they can not get any.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've been hearing about the impending shortage, but powder and primers seem to be everywhere for the most part. I was in our local Academy yesterday and they had stacks of primers in their display cases as well as five different types of Hodgdon powder.

2400 is in stock at MidwayUSA, Graf's, Precision Reloading and Powder Valley. And if they have it, I'm sure others do as well.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Showed up today. Ordered Christmas eve.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Various production runs make components available for a while them it seems that something else pops up. MY experience with powder. My LGS let their inventory drop for end of year inventory. Waiting on H4198 next week.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Measuring 10 out of the first case they were all right in the middle of published dimensions.

Might be a while before I can test them. We're in the middle of a bathroom remodel that's going on and on......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see those primers are made in Herzegovina. Perhaps an unneeded comment but I wouldn't be the least bit skittish to use any components made in Central Europe, specifically the former Serbia-Bosnia-Herzegovina area.

During either the Obama I or II shortage when American made brass was hard to find I ordered a bunch of Serbian made PRVI (aka PPU) brass in four different calibers. Measuring neck concentricity showed that it was every bit as good as Remington or Winchester brass from the days before their quality started slipping. In fact these days I'd probably buy PRVI brass before buying either of those.

(Yeah, these days I'd get Starline or Lapua, but you know what I mean... wink )

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Showed up today. Ordered Christmas eve.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thanks for the update

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ran 100 this morning, Dillon 1050, same load just loaded up a tube with GINEX SPP instead of CCI500's. No adjustments. They seated fine, all flush or just below. No feed issues at all.

Maybe I can get out soon to run them through a few different pistols.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I found every reloading component at the gun show outside Asheville this weekend. Since it comes to the same place about 4 times a year I just go and replenish my supply then. There wasn't a thing I use that wasn't being sold by at least 2 vendors: bullets, brass, primers, dies, lube, targets and any kind of powder you want. Check your area for dates for gun shows and make a list before you go. .

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by billj
I found every reloading component at the gun show outside Asheville this weekend. Since it comes to the same place about 4 times a year I just go and replenish my supply then. There wasn't a thing I use that wasn't being sold by at least 2 vendors: bullets, brass, primers, dies, lube, targets and any kind of powder you want. Check your area for dates for gun shows and make a list before you go. .

Did you happen to see what they were getting for SPP? Were any of the vendors selling primers by the case?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Shot 100 rds loaded with the GINEX small pistol primers this morning, 60 through a S&W Gen 1 CORE and 40 through a Prodigy with 19 lb mainspring/steel firing pin. No problems.

I may have to hoard up on loading components this summer. I fell down on the job in front of the last presidential election.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (BlackHunter, Boarmaster123, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,434
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.