Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OldmanoftheSea: Yeah a few - mostly draws and one win.
BUT.... it was our high schools favorite past-time every Friday and Saturday nights driving south the 15 miles to Kent, Washington and picking fights with that rival high schools ruffians.
Did that at least 100 times (back then high schools were four years - 9 - 12 grades).
Wasted efforts and energies.
Thank goodness I got through high school with only one serious arrest and few injuries.
Hold into the wind
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not too many, but did come around the corner to see 3 guys with south of the border roots picking on my girlfriends handicapped little brother. Of course, they were all no larger than 5'5 and maybe 130#, but I gave them more than ample opportunities to simply stop messing with him and walk away.

Whooped them all, bad. Didn't tell her about it... but she related the story and saw my hands later that day or the next. The reward was worth the effort....

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by callnum
This thread is classic campfire. LOL

Old fudds are TFF.
Sounds like someone needs to get beat up at recess lol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BUT.... it was our high schools favorite past-time every Friday and Saturday nights driving south the 15 miles to Kent, Washington and picking fights with that rival high schools ruffians.
Did that at least 100 times (back then high schools were four years - 9 - 12 grades).
Thank goodness I got through high school with only one serious arrest and few injuries.
Hold into the wind
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Was your HS in White Center, or Tukwila, or?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every kid has to get into a fight at some point. Otherwise he grows into a worthless cowardly wuss.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Once. I won, barely, but I had the reach on her.

Them farm girls can be mean!

Last edited by las; 01/07/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Only once..Had a rich kid, coaches pet type, on our football team that liked to get cheap shots on the football field in practice when your back was turned to him. He did it to me once, and I beat that out of him in the locker room after practice that day. Then the coach ran all the anger out of me for a full week. It was worth it though.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/07/24.
T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
By the time I got to high school I had learned to keep your head down.
No fight was going to be one on one. Healthier to avoid.
High school during the 60's in in the Rio Grande valley south Texas.
In the school parking lot I saw 2 boys killed by being cut.
Saw another beat real bad by guys swinging what appeared to be a motorcycle chain.
All participants were Mexican. Gang on gang

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Only once..Had a rich kid, coaches pet type, on our football team that liked to get cheap shots on the football field in practice when your back was turned to him. He did it to me once, and I beat that out of him in the locker room after practice that day. Then the coach ran all the anger out of me for a full week. It was worth it though.

Man, if that happened in HS, my dad would have had my back with the coach. Our coach was a giant POS, but he let us handle our own without interference.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was always the tallest kid, so that made me a target. I didn't like to fight, but a lot of guys felt they needed to start something.

I had a lot of fights early on. Dad finally got tired of dealing with it, and started teaching me what to do. By the time I got to high school, I'd also gotten into medical problems. I was growing an inch a month and it had affected my heart. When I stood up from sitting, I was prone to passing out. It took until college for that to lighten up. It left me gangly, and uncoordinated. It kept me out of sports, but it didn't keep me from work. Dad made me his maintenance guy at his apartments, augmented with a lot of stump digging and firewood splitting after school. I really enjoyed the work.

Freshman year of high school, there was a group of guys who decided to devil me. I did my best to duck them, but one day in the winter, they cornered me in the can. Dad had said that if I got ever got in this sort of spot, surrounded by multiple guys with no way out, I needed to pick out the smallest one and go at him with everything. It would usually get the larger ones to back off.

That's what I did. I picked the shortest one of the bunch and grabbed him by the throat and hoisted him off the floor with my left hand and beat him unconscious with my right, and then threw him into toilet. By the time I turned around and asked "Whose next?" The rest of them were backing out of the restroom. The kid I picked was three days in the hospital and showed back up to school looking like he'd stuck his face in a blender. The gang backed off after that, and shortly thereafter, one got sent to the Navy and another got sent to reform school.

A third guy came up to me at the 20th Reunion and apologized for all the trouble he'd caused me. He'd gone off to the vocational school the next year and I hadn't seen him since.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Of course, and we were friends the next day, isn't that part of growing up ? Usually after school behind the smokeshack, Funny thing is there were always at least 10 or so pickups in the school parking area with either a shotgun or deer rifle (or both) on the rack in the back window. And amazingly no one ever got shot, good thing we didn't carry those evil full semiato AR14s back then.

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In Jr. high, I was tall and very skinny. There was a guy who was a wannabe bully but he really didn't have what it took. He decided I was a suitable target. I just avoided him and would just walk away when he got foul mouthed. We rode the same bus which took a very rural route. One day as we approached a spot on the route that was 5 miles from the nearest building, he suddenly ran up to the driver and asked to be let out. Back then, the drivers could do that. He jumped out, threw down his books, and started flexing his arms. We drove off and left him there. Seems that someone else told him that If he got off there, I'd get off, too, and fight him. He had a long walk but he quit bothering me after that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
One time. One punch. Other guy went down like a bag of rocks. Face split open. Bleeding all over. Thought he was dead. Thought I was going to prison. No interest after that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
one fight in Jr High. None in high school. 1 at Army Basic Training, fortunately didn't get caught.
After pharmacy school, I got in many, many fights at the pharmacy located in a bad area. Mostly shoplifters. guns, knives, clubs sometimes involved.
I was lucky I wasn't killed back then.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 57 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.