Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The family and I are spending a few days in Salt Lake City visiting the oldest daughter. Other than skiing that I and the wife won’t be participating in, already knees are shot, what are some things the wife and I can do while the kids go skiing? Sights to see, places to visit, restaurants to try and general things to do?
Thanks for any advice

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rent a car and head north on I-15. When you get far enough north, look at SLC in your rear view mirror. That will be one of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seriously, though...if it's not too cold for shooting, take a little drive out to the Lee Kay shooting range facilities. Top drawer stuff...at least it was back in the early 90s.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Take several hours at the Pioneer Memorial Museum. Whether you like Mormons or not it is very interesting.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
other than mormon couples wanting to engage in threesomes I cant think of a single reason to go there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven’t been, but the John Browning museum always gets great reviews. Just north of SLC. I’m in Logan right now for work watching it snow like crazy.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UltraMAGA
other than mormon couples wanting to engage in threesomes I cant think of a single reason to go there.
I thought Mormons were not swingers these days

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Hastings

Your thinking Quakers , Mormons are just as filthy and hypocritical as all the other religions including Islam.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Maybe visiting his daughter...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Your thinking Quakers , Mormons are just as filthy and hypocritical as all the other religions including Islam.
I lived in northern Utah for five years in the 60s as a non Mormon teenager. The Mormons I went to school with had parents for the most part were rather staid types. All wrapped up in LDS stuff. The country kids all milked cows to save up for their mission. First question was always "what ward do you live in". Had folks going around collecting fast offerings and home town missionaries visiting us recruiting. After 5 cold winters there my daddy was ready to head back to Louisiana.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I haven’t been, but the John Browning museum always gets great reviews. Just north of SLC. I’m in Logan right now for work watching it snow like crazy.
We just pulled into a parking lot in West Jordan and a winter warning advisory hit. Snowing sideways. We are 30 min from the house. Fun, fun. Georgia boy driving in the snow.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I lived in northern Utah for five years in the 60s as a non Mormon teenager. The Mormons I went to school with had parents for the most part were rather staid types. All wrapped up in LDS stuff. The country kids all milked cows to save up for their mission. First question was always "what ward do you live in". Had folks going around collecting fast offerings and home town missionaries visiting us recruiting. After 5 cold winters there my daddy was ready to head back to Louisiana.

Everyday I spent in LA was a blessing.
Abita beer, Beignets, Crawdads and Crabs and Oysters, The Boiling Point just west was my favorite.
I pissed on the sign out in front of Jimmy Swaggs College just across the street from the Beignet place.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Smith & Edward's in north Ogden

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Gallenson's in Salt Lake is a cool firearms store, roughly 2nd South and 2nd East.

I live between SLC and Ogden, and actually don't get down to SLC very often. But in Ogden we have the old railway station which also houses the Browning Museum plus a nice car collection.

Just off I-15 in Ogden we have the Air Force museum, which is worth a stop. Lots of different planes to see, mostly indoors.

Antelope Island is easily accessible from Layton. Just get off I-15 onto Antelope Drive, and head west. It does cost a few bucks to get in, but you can often see bision and pronghorn. It's kind of bleak this time of year, but interesting.

Hope some of that helps.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear the polygamy is nice this time of year in SLC.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
browning museum, scheels outdoor store, Bohemian brewery for the food, Red Iguana (" home of killer mexican food"). drive out to Bingham Canyon and see the pit. Wendover to gamble (nevada state line) bonneville salt flats ( land speed record).

Last edited by Sycamore; 01/09/24.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Taggart’s, outside of Morgan. The food is phenomenal.

https://taggartsgrill.com/

Last edited by Reloder28; 01/10/24.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
+1 on Taggarts!

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i used to hit the Westerner club for some good morman girls and dancing

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Check your PMs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

732 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,525 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,736
Posts18,475,959
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.