Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Here's mine and one picture of what it looked like when I got it. Bought it cheap. Needed a major clean up job.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Tore it completely apart end to end, and top to bottom. Went over every piece externally and internally cleaning, polishing where needed, both wood an metal. Cleaned up like a new one.

Picture of the receiver parts after they were cleaned up.

End result. I'm not real up on M94's but it's a newer angle eject. Kinda proud of it just because of the shape I bought it back from.

Shoots well, action works slick and cycles as it should, and handles very well. Weighs 5 lbs 13 oz as it sits.

Edit to add: Forgot to put a picture of the left side, it's old enough yet to be a New Haven CT rifle. Beyond that don't know much about it.

I think the angle eject 94's were the best looking 94's

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Here's mine and one picture of what it looked like when I got it. Bought it cheap. Needed a major clean up job.

Tore it completely apart end to end, and top to bottom. Went over every piece externally and internally cleaning, polishing where needed, both wood an metal. Cleaned up like a new one.

Picture of the receiver parts after they were cleaned up.

End result. I'm not real up on M94's but it's a newer angle eject. Kinda proud of it just because of the shape I bought it back from.

Shoots well, action works slick and cycles as it should, and handles very well. Weighs 5 lbs 13 oz as it sits.

Edit to add: Forgot to put a picture of the left side, it's old enough yet to be a New Haven CT rifle. Beyond that don't know much about it.

I think the angle eject 94's were the best looking 94's

It wont have a scope on it while I have it so the angle eject isn't really necessary, but yeah it's a decent looking little 94 IMO. Cleaned up nice. It was a mess but I got it in time and is why I got it dirt cheap. If I get to using it I will probably mount a Skinner peep, and get a sight blank for the rear sight.

Here's a pic of some of the ammo that was in the stock ammo holder that was on it to give you an idea of what I was dealing with on the rifle. I almost couldn't get them out, they were galded fast. The wood had a haze on it that wouldn't wipe off. Needed deep cleaning, then waxed. Metal and wood probably look better now than when new.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For me the necessity of Angle Eject is that it made for a better looking rifle.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just scratched that itch a few days ago. Rossi R95 Carbine. Holosun HS510C.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Moses
Just scratched that itch a few days ago. Rossi R95 Carbine. Holosun HS510C.
How is the fit and finish on the Rossi? These sure are tempting from a distance.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
@ShadeTree

You did a great job bringing back that AE. Beautiful rifle!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Respectfully disagree on that point, but to each their own. I do love the '94 and have more than a couple. Nice job resurrecting that abused '94!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one I like the most is a waffle top Marlin.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I agree Moosemike. I know most prefer a pre ‘64, but ever since I received one as a kid for a Christmas present, I’ve always loved those early AE’s.

Last edited by paint; 01/10/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by paint
I agree Moosemike. I know most prefer a pre ‘64, but ever since I received one as a kid for a Christmas present, I’ve always loved those early AE’s.

I own and use a pre 64. I don't even have an angle eject. But I do prefer their looks. Maybe I'll get one. I used to have a couple 44's years ago

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tarbe
@ShadeTree

You did a great job bringing back that AE. Beautiful rifle!

Originally Posted by tmitch

Respectfully disagree on that point, but to each their own. I do love the '94 and have more than a couple. Nice job resurrecting that abused '94!

Thank you. That was a 3 rifle buy and still have all 3. Each one needed tore down and gone over in the same manner, and they all 3 came back looking and functioning like a new one.

One of the better buys I ever made. Cheap to start, rifles came with 10 boxes of ammo and scopes. Sold the ammo. Sold the one Nikon, kept the other Nikon. Into the 3 rifles for absolute peanuts, but were I to even find a gunsmith willing to be as thorough and meticulous as I was to do what needed done on all 3 and get them where they are, it would've cost me pretty good money.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well done Shadetree, I like 94's as well newer or older and them in-between..that little AE is nice as is or would be the tits with a 2.5-3× on it. Sometimes a scope can sort out what's between you and the game..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
A JM Marlin 336 XLR (and Shoot LeverEvolution ammo) Flat shooting to 200 Yards with that combo. Hornady & Marlin partnered to bring out that combo in 2006ish the barel length, rate of twist etc is tuned to that ammo. to make the lever gun a longer range shooter. Shoots regular 30/30 just fine too.
Its built for the out door, XLR stands for extreme conditions / Long Range

It’s a real tack driver .... Read up on them.

Last edited by LeverGunner; 01/17/24. Reason: Added pic
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 280shooter, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,126
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.