Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry Mike to hear the sad news. I lost my mom a few months ago. Dad still alive at 86. Our family was never a close family. I never married or had kids, but I am aware the way I’m heading, I could end up alone in the end. It is said that make no big decisions for 2 years. Some folks can deal with this better than others. Stay focused on your own health and a good outlook. There are plenty of good things in life and I hope something comes your way ! Alan

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Some very kind words and good advice already spoken, God bless you in your time of reflection.
Condolences to you on the passing of your dad.

Don’t take on the weight of the cloak all at once, there is a time to grieve and those around you are working their way thru it too. Even others on here. More than likely you’ve been strengthening yourself spiritually and subconsciously for these days already.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by moosemike
My Dad died today. It all has hit home. My parents and all my grandparents are dead now. Everybody that raised me. Everybody I looked to for help and answers. All gone. I'm 49 years old and I'm the elder in my lineage. Am I supposed to be some kind of Patriarch now? Am I supposed to have the answers? I don't feel like I have any of that. And I don't feel ready to go the rest of my life without a parent or grandparent to talk to. Sorry but I just had to vent somewhere.

Moose…. I can empathize with you, I’ve been putting a lot of thought into this exact situation since my dad is 83 and my wife’s mom is 83. I don’t know how empty I will feel when my dad joins my mom someday but I’m trying to prepare myself for that inevitability. I never thought I’d live to 53 and I wish I wasn’t so hard on my body when I was younger but it’s absolutely essential to live a life that will make our loved ones, living and dead, proud.

You ARE the patriarch of your family now and that’s a responsibility that we might not be ready for or we might not want that responsibility but it’s essential for you to fill THE BEST WAY YOU KNOW HOW! It’s obvious that you were raised by parents that loved you enough to instill a sense of duty, a duty to your family that is evident in your first post……they wouldn’t have raised you right for 49+ years if they didn’t give you EVERYTHING you’ll need to carry on their PROUD traditions.

If I can help or just offer you a person to talk to please feel free to reach out. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers but I know that you’re gonna make them even more proud of you than they already are! God bless Mike!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I know how you feel. I am the patriarch of what is left...not much. Mom Dad and my sister all gone. Just my wife and our 2 kids and 1 grandson. Losing my sister was the hardest 6 years ago. It doesn't hurt as much but you will always miss them. Remember them and honor their lives by living yours well. May your Dad RIP.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If your family is anything like mine your first official patriarchal duty may well be to tell them that setting up pools on w2ho is next and how long he has is in bad taste.

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Lost my pops in 2016 I think about him every day sorry for your loss

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
All old folks gone except me and I'm working on 84 in March! What helps me is the woman I'm married to; she's 8 years behind me! If wasn't for her, my son and grandchildren life would be hell! Got daughter but she never shows up! Still in good shape except can't walk far but best for you to stay busy with something! Don't just lay down like an old cow and die......fight it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My Dad died today. It all has hit home. My parents and all my grandparents are dead now. Everybody that raised me. Everybody I looked to for help and answers. All gone. I'm 49 years old and I'm the elder in my lineage. Am I supposed to be some kind of Patriarch now? Am I supposed to have the answers? I don't feel like I have any of that. And I don't feel ready to go the rest of my life without a parent or grandparent to talk to. Sorry but I just had to vent somewhere.
Sorry for your loss… take solace in the fact you had them for as long as you did… don’t worry too much about having all the answers, because NOBODY does…just depend on what you learned from them in moving forward…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear of your loss brother.
Lost my dad when I was 48; he was 70 which was young for his family.
I think of him all the time and try to live up to the examples he set.
I wish I was better at it.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My deepest condolences sir. I joined the club back in 2001. Mom wasn't the same when Dad left, and she still lived until 2016, then I joined the "Club No One Wants to Belong To", the one yourself just joined. It hurts, but that changes nothing, all I can say is "try not to dwell on it. Please, do not turn "inward", nothing there but more questions with no answers. Go see a good Counselor too, this is a major, major psychological challenge for you. They can help you Pard. All the best to you Sir! Rev Jim

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Two years ago I went thru the same situation at the same age. I took care of my dad till he dies of Parkinsons. Sure it's hard and strange all the same. For an month or two I actually look for him in his chair when I entered the room just put of sheer habit because my life was centered around taking care of him. Trust me, in time these habits and normal feelings will ebb away and in 2-3 months will be somewhat different. In two years you'll be in an much different place entirely. It's an time thing.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I read somewhere that you were never truly a man until your dad passed. I lost my dad 11 years ago when I was 54 and can relate. Lost mom 5 years later and only have one more living aunt.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry for your loss! Iv been in yours shoes for a few years now. It's going to happen to all of us at some point. Just Life, hits me hardest gun deer season, as the the group I grew up hunting with are long gone, dad was the last besides me he left in 2009.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your loss moose, but the advice ive read on here has been spot on!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome to the club that no one wants to join but it's only fair if you do.

My condolences on the loss of your Pa.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry for your loss.

I lots my Dad in '07 and my Mom this past August. If you were close to either of your parents, I think in time you will find that somehow they are still there, guiding you the same as always. At least that's how it has worked for me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very sorry for your loss, indeed some great words and thoughts have been given on here.

My Dad is 89 and Mom is 86. We've dodged some big bullets so far but we all know it's inevitable in the end. You will keep on going on and do what you have to do, which I suspect you have been doing for quite awhile. My Dad has been one of the strongest people I've ever known but he looks to me for help and guidance now .I have to do my best for them and their legacy

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I am very sorry to hear this. You will be in my prayers.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry to hear of this bad news. GOD is always there for us in times like these. You only need to ask and our Father will guide and , when necessary, carry you along just fine.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My condolences. Lost mine in 2013. It truly sucks.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,243 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.