Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If it wasn’t for the “fact” that the 22 year couldn’t own firearms due to previous DVs that crossbow could’ve been a rifle or buckshot.

I don’t know if the kid can’t own firearms but I can read between the lines.

Do you think someone dumb or lawless enough to threaten or shoot someone with a crossbow because he ‘didn’t know how to deal with threats’ would obey a court order to not possess a firearm?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
when I was in the USARMY I knew a few Native Americans and they always told stories about things that would happen on a reservation after a bunch of beer had been consumed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_Inman
If it wasn’t for the “fact” that the 22 year couldn’t own firearms due to previous DVs that crossbow could’ve been a rifle or buckshot.

Do you think someone dumb or lawless enough to threaten or shoot someone with a crossbow because he ‘didn’t know how to deal with threats’ would obey a court order to not possess a firearm?
In his defense, it's hard to guess what really stupid people are going to do or say.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
They’re a proud people lol

Halfbreed, it's all I ever heard.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder if, had he shot the dog, he would have left its heart on the prairie.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Halfbreed, it's all I ever heard.

That you, Cher?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Doesn't the tribe have their own police force? Most of the tribes down here do - and fight outside interference - until their cops can't handle it.
Then it's everybody else's fault for "not doing enough".

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Doesn't the tribe have their own police force? Most of the tribes down here do - and fight outside interference - until their cops can't handle it.
Then it's everybody else's fault for "not doing enough".
You just won !!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stories like that that are common on pretty much any rez. At least folks in Browning don’t chit in the streets, so it beats Portland or Seattle.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nah, highly doubtful he gives a flying [bleep] about following any of the whiteman's laws.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I worked on the Rez for Mississippi Band of Choctaws as a school principal for 4 years. The last 4 months of which I could legally carry a firearm while in the performance of my job. Other than Law and Order ( Choctaw popo), only 3 others were allowed to do so, a judge and 2 game wardens. There’s a story on how this came to be. Had 3 kids misbehaving on a bus, cursing, wouldn’t stay in assigned seats, would not mind the driver. So I suspended them off the bus for 3 days Mom and Dad are separated and Dad is a bad alcoholic who’s killed 3 people with DUIs. To top it off he poured gas on the wife’s face and set her on fire, causing her to resemble a female Freddy Kruger. She has to take her push mower and go to his house and cut his grass. He goes on drunken binges and beats the hell out of her and the kids on a regular basis like every weekend. He asks how the kids are doing in school and why she has take kids to school She said I put em off the bus for no reason. So he shows up at school first thing when nobody’s there but me, the custodians have a bus route and teachers haven’t arrived. He barges in and starts in on me making accusations and I invite him to leave. He refuses and I pick up the phone to call Law and Order 35 miles away. He hits me and the fight is on. I wrap him up kneed him in the nuts and we go round and round and out my office and into the outter office. I finally told why they were put off the bus and that the family lied so’s not to get the hell beat out of em yet again. He calms down says he fu _ _ed up now and leaves. I call it in, L & O arrives an hour later and chiefs secretary calls to check on me. We go to court 4 months later and he is sentenced to $250 fine and 90 days in jail. Don’t know it either happened as I left and moved back to the Delta to be nearer to aging parents. Saw him a few years later at Mickey Ds and he gave me the stink eye. Things are very different in a sovereign nation and contracts are not worth the paper they’re written on. Politics and power moves are rampant. Like tap dancing in a mine field. No stability there. You the minority.

Last edited by carrollco; 01/11/24.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Is a Skunkcap the same as a S hithead ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Some of my fondest memories are from when I was running with some guys from Heart Butte.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Just remember....you are paying them to stay on the reservation.

It's good value for the money.

I am MAGA.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I want Skunkcap as my 'fire handle! smile

Last edited by las; 01/12/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Treaties should have gone by by many years ago.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Unless you have been there, you don’t get the full impact of reservation life. Rez Indians have been born and bred in a welfare society that hasn’t progressed past their inherent culture that still hasn’t merged successfully with the white culture.

Drug and alcohol dependency is prolific and if they aren’t using, they have been or will be. I have real good friends on the Cheyenne Rez at Lame Deer and there is no getting the Rez out of the Indian, regardless of getting the Indian out of the Rez.

Being Indian is not all bad, no matter where you go, you always have a reservation…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your name was Skunkcap, and you applied for a name change,
would you even have to explain why?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
One Rez up here kicked the BIA off the rez, they went with Tribal police.

That was just prior to the Bakken busting out I was told. They couldn’t have interference with the drugs and human trafficking to follow.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,740
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.