Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19099497 01/12/24
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Cliff nores version, had a chenmical stress test yesterday. Dr. Calls a few hours later and says I'm plaque free in my arteries. Thats great! Decided to take today off work along with the Mrs.
Head down to our place at the coast ( haven't been since Oct.) Deer season got in the way and the offshore forecast sucked everytime I could go.

Set the thermostat for 68 * and didnt think anymore of it. Made it to the coast unscathed and walked in the house,colder than a wirches tittie! Damn, soent the next two hours on the phone with my HVAC guy 220 miles away trouble shooting and trying things
Bypassed everything even trying to get it to just run on emergency heat. Pops small 5 amp fuse in about 45 seconds.
Brand new system just put in back in the summer. A/C worked great all summer.
The fan will run but as soon as the heat tries to come on popped fuse. Oh well.

Change gears. Space heaters and we will survive.

I brought a 2 gallon bucket of 44 mag brass to tumble and get ready to load. I looked this morning and its 45 long colt with about 200 44 mags mixed in. Oh well a least its sorted now an 44 is tumbling. Damn.
I have an old 99 model suburban that stays @ the coast. I knew the battery woul.be dead as a hammer so I was going to put the charger on it this morning. No go cant find my battery charger anywhere. Damn.

And yhe worst part is Mrs. Says no heat, no.......

I swear if I won a five gallon bucket of puzzies everyone would already have a dik in it.
Damn.
Rant over...

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
I swear if I won a five gallon bucket of puzzies everyone would already have a dik in it.
Damn.
Rant over...

It sounds like you have enough problems as it is.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.....but you're still occupying space and converting oxygen to CO2!
Be happy!
Don't worry!
It could be "worser"!

BTW!
Spent 2.5 hours in an orthopedic clinic yesterday due to hip pain. Kinda figured what the problem was. Every time I sit down or turn on my right foot, the hip sounds like it's grinding gravel.
Sure enough! Right hip is history! Bone-on-bone! 😖
I'm miffed!
Then, I watch the folks coming in and out of the clinic as they run me through pre-op testing. (EKG, blood/urine samples and chest x-rays)
I'm just pretty damned lucky! There's some folks here in a LOT worse shape than I am! 😉

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 01/12/24.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Tell her friction creates heat.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a similar problem once. It was difficult to find, but eventually a naked spot on a wire showed up. It had vibrated against the cover until it rubbed a bare spot on the wire's insulation and was shorting out against the cover. Electrical tape and repositioning the wire harness away from the sheet metal solved the problem.

Last edited by gregintenn; 01/12/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hang in there!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well.... took a breath. Took the lovely Mrs. Featherweight to breakfast and then went to Harbor Freight. I bought a new 6 in bench grinder and a couple of wire wheels. Brass and steel, a new router and a new battery charger. Stuff I just needed and I had 30% off.
Went to Wally zone and bought a small ceramic space heater,then to advance auto to get some fuses.
Called Jack ( HVAC bud) and spent an hour working over the phone with him and got the heat working. Yippee.

Put charger on the burb while working on hvac. Burb blasted right off. Yeah!
Hooked up water hose and blasted off both 200HP Yamahas on boat and let them run for about 10 minutes each.
Also the J Deere blasted off so I mowed the yard so it would be an even mess instead of an uneven mess.

44 mag brass is clean and Im in a lot better mood than I was 18 hours ago.
In reality I'm blessed beyond what I deserve .

" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
So many problems. A place on the coast, & a boat w/twin 200's

Well bless you're little pea pickin heart.

Just kidding, congrats on your success, annnnnd,, don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Usually if it takes out the small fuse it
it's in the thermostat circut.Similar to what Gregg said.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At least you are not riding bikes wearing spandex.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rong
Usually if it takes out the small fuse it
it's in the thermostat circut.Similar to what Gregg said.
Thats what we were troubleshooting. Im not a hvac kinda guy . Cold air,A/C is on hot air heat is on, lol.

We by passed the "emergency" side and am just using the heat pump side somehow. IDK.
I traced out every wire for a nick or anything wrong last night and again today. I didnt find anything wrong.

The white wire is dis-connected temporarily and he has some part ordered that will be here Tuesday.
This is a wifi t- stat that works through my phone. Its 68 * in here now and Mrs. Featherweight is happy.
All quiet on the coastal front.

NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think having a few moments of frustration and stress now and then may be a good thing.

Last night I found that my phone was not working and I had a text telling me my settings had been updated, and if I did not make those changes to call a certain number. I was unable to get through on the phone, the system kept trying to make me buy more air time. I was unable to log in on my phone account and the site wouldn't even let me reset my password because it did not like the zip code I entered. I finally got through to a human on the phone and spoke to her for a few minutes, then the call dropped before anything got fixed.

I went to bed worried, realizing that if someone were able to hack my phone and my email, they could own my life. That's a terrifying thought and I did not sleep well, and I woke up thinking about my predicament and with a sense of dread.

I got through on the phone again this morning and spoke to a human who was able to put things back together. It took over an hour to get it all straightened out, but once it was I felt like I was walking on air. None of it was near as bad as I had thought.

I guess what they say about a little rain, and the sunshine, is all true.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So true, glad you got it worked out!

NRA Life, GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cliff nores version, had a chenmical stress test yesterday. Dr. Calls a few hours later and says I'm plaque free in my arteries. Thats great! Decided to take today off work along with the Mrs.
Head down to our place at the coast ( haven't been since Oct.) Deer season got in the way and the offshore forecast sucked everytime I could go.

Set the thermostat for 68 * and didnt think anymore of it. Made it to the coast unscathed and walked in the house,colder than a wirches tittie! Damn, soent the next two hours on the phone with my HVAC guy 220 miles away trouble shooting and trying things
Bypassed everything even trying to get it to just run on emergency heat. Pops small 5 amp fuse in about 45 seconds.

I brought a 2 gallon bucket of 44 mag brass to tumble and get ready to load. I looked this morning and its 45 long colt with about 200 44 mags mixed in. Oh well a least its sorted now an 44 is tumbling. Damn.
I have an old 99 model suburban that stays @ the coast. I knew the battery woul.be dead as a hammer so I was going to put the charger on it this morning. No go cant find my battery charger anywhere. Damn.

Damn.
Rant over...

It's them damn Joos. Did you find a tunnel under the place?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Damn.
Rant over...

Lol.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
laugh That’s what you get for having so many toys!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Damn.
Rant over...

Lol.

Not funny...not funny AT ALL. I could hear voices under my house the whole time my phone account was AFU, and it's gotta be even more disconcerting when you can't warm the house and the wife won't accommodate you.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Set the thermostat for 68 * and didnt think anymore of it. Made it to the coast unscathed and walked in the house,colder than a wirches tittie! Damn, spent the next two hours on the phone with my HVAC guy 220 miles away trouble shooting and trying things

I brought a 2 gallon bucket of 44 mag brass to tumble and get ready to load. I looked this morning and its 45 long colt with about 200 44 mags mixed in. Oh well a least its sorted now and 44 is tumbling. Damn.

And the worst part is Mrs. Says no heat, no.......

Damn.
Rant over...

Lol.

Not funny...not funny AT ALL. I could hear voices under my house the whole time my phone account was AFU, and it's gotta be even more disconcerting when you can't warm the house and the wife won't accommodate you.

Yeah not funny at all. Wife and I had our Id's stolen or whatever you want to call it a few years ago. Terrifying having to call and lock bank accts. 401ks , credit cards etc. All the while thinking your bank balances are going to be 0.00

I discovered it within 3 days, and "they" had filed our taxes, and charged over 5000.00 on 2 different cards. I knew something was wrong when I tried my CC @ Wally and it wouldn't go through. I went straight home and started securing everything. "They" got almost 4 grand in tax refund alone. Took right @ 2 years to get our refund. Also we have t paper file our taxes now with a code the IRS sends both of us each fall. PITA.

Now we have our payroll deductions set up so we owe at the end of the year. Any charge on a card over 10.00 creates a notice via email in less than a minute. Bastards.

NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was actually making a joke, but you're right. Identity theft is one of the scariest things the 21st century has visited upon us yet. We watched "It's a Wonderful Life" this year as we always do around Christmas (I call it the George Bailey Show). I can imagine being essentially in that position, at least financially...and permanently. Truly terrifying.

Didn't mean to highjack and completely derail your thread. Sorry.

Don't be the darkness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,051
Posts18,521,250
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.