Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Deer season is over, got some loading to do. I need to put new metal on my workshop. I have a guy that wants me to build 30 feeders for him, but don’t know if I want to fool with that, even though I could make 600 apiece off the damn things. I’m thinking about selling down the herd of rifles I own. I have too many, don’t want wife to deal with that. I have 5x8 trailer I need to paint. I have two plywood stands I need to paint, but waiting to see if we are going to lose that lease, family is squabbling over it. I need to find another spot on East Texas lease to put a stand up. There is always things to do. What are you guys gonna do after your season ends.

GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Just waiting on this snow to stop, and the temp drop coming behind it to start ice fishing. I loaded all the gear in the car earlier this morning, and I'll go do some preliminary scouting Sunday.

I took a couple days off work next week to hit it while it's still at its coldest. I love fishing the cold snaps, they keep most of the yahoo crowd around here at home so I have quiet and the fish to myself. 😏

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Deer season is over, got some loading to do. I need to put new metal on my workshop. I have a guy that wants me to build 30 feeders for him, but don’t know if I want to fool with that, even though I could make 600 apiece off the damn things. I’m thinking about selling down the herd of rifles I own. I have too many, don’t want wife to deal with that. I have 5x8 trailer I need to paint. I have two plywood stands I need to paint, but waiting to see if we are going to lose that lease, family is squabbling over it. I need to find another spot on East Texas lease to put a stand up. There is always things to do. What are you guys gonna do after your season ends.

Selling down the rifle herd, hmmmmm. Why not let the ole lady deal with it? I mean she could take em to the pawn shop and trade em for jewelry.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Got some reloading to do and got to thinking now’s probably a good time to move some stands instead of 90 degree tick weather

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
we still have 2 more days to chase deer around

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hanco
What are you guys gonna do after your season ends.

My season ended Nov 30. I need some range time. I've already got my 2024 licenses, cougar tag, and fishing harvest cards. If we get a little break in the rain (we seem to be day 2 into 40 days and 40 nights), maybe do some predator calling. If it stays wet, probably work on the tractor .. basic oil change 'n' such. Got some burning to do, one fallen tree to pick up / dispose of (chain saw and a good fire). It never ends.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Heading back to camp one more time before the season ends. I'll leave on Tuesday. Will have 5 more days till the season ends. Between me and the kids we got 5 Deer and 5 Pigs in the freezer. I don't need another one. probably just sit with my nephew or son in law. They haven't shot a Deer yet. The weather is gonna be good. It will be nice just to go enjoy the camp with family before it starts to get warm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well it's deer season here until the end of the month so I'm going to stay at it. Probably not tomorrow though as they want 20 mph winds

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
deer season here till the 31st intend on hunting a little more and then putting a pair of work gloves to work you sent me with some scope rings one time....... turned out to be one of my favorite pair of gloves thanks again sir.....

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I will be running my english setter shooting chukar Partridge At my Sportsman's Club.

Last edited by oldtimr1; 01/12/24.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
IC B3

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
I will be running my english setter shooting chukar Partridge At my Sportsman's Club.

English Setter’s have started winning the Championship again. Pointers ruled for a long time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do some maint. on the deer hunting land and work on the feeders that the bear hosed up. I'm gonna hose his a$$ up next season.

Switch over to offshore fishing the gulf stream off NC. Mahi, tuna, wahoo. Then bottom bouncing once the offshore bite gets to hit or miss.

I have the master bath and BR to re-model, and I need to decide when I'm going to quit public work.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Started load development on a couple of rifles for an Alberta moose hunt in Oct.
Also be spending a lot of time at the tying bench in prep for trout season.
Lots of dreaming about the coming deer season.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
cold weather is moving in here in Minnesota " like below zero " some snow is coming also ? but it looks like a good weekend to watch football ! other wise i probably do some more reloading and shooting my 6BR if its not windy. deer season in Minnesota ended December 31 st for archery ,rifle season was closed on November 19th . actually this is a very easy winter so far and good conditions for deer but here in Minnesota we have way too many wolves and the people at the Mn. state capitol are liberals and wolf lovers so our deer population is low in most areas of the northern half of the state because of wolves.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last hunting I did was New Years day, which was the last day of late muzzle loader season. Now it's time for some reloading and getting busy putting my Encore rifle in 7mm-08 back together. It's currently a 15" 7mm-08 handgun with a Leupold 2.5-8x pistol scope, but I also have a 23" T/C Custom Shop rifle barrel and a thumbhole laminate rifle stock for it by Boyd's. Then it's getting a scope swap. It's cool having both barrels in 7mm-08. Then it's time to refinish the thumbhole stock I got a few months ago for the CVA Scout in 444 Marlin. In the next couple months the rifle collection, ( or accumulation?), will get thinned out a bit with the help of a local auction house as part of my ongoing downsizing plan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still some small game seasons in. Couple new rifles to work up loads for , skeet shooting and trout fishing.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Looking forward to morels and spring gobbler season

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Lots of home improvement projects interspersed with snowmobiling once we get enough snow to get the trails in good shape.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’m thinking about selling down the herd of rifles I own

What I’m gonna do now is Religiously stalk your posts and pray that my wife is not checking the accounts or safe grin

Other than that, I have a rifle I need to bed. A couple others that need scopes or scopes that need to move around. Some stuff to sell. Some loading to do. Blind either needs a serious overhaul or I need to build or buy a new one. Need to take the kids shooting more.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Will be deer hunting till 1-31-24 after the season is over will start getting the boat ready for fishing. Yard work is also needed plus start doing some cleanup and prep in the vegetable garden.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 17Fan, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.