Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
L
I have been looking at the Christensen Arms Rangers. Does anyone have one? What are your thoughts on it. I want it mainly to have a 22LR that I can suppress. I have a CZ 453 that is very accurate but do not want to have the barrel threaded.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
They've got a bit of a reputation for feeding issues, but supposedly the newer models have an updated bolt to fix that. I bought one when they first came out and it was rough at first, but it smoothed out after a couple hundred rounds and has become one of my favorite rifles. Extremely accurate for such a light rifle.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very tight match grade chambers, I've seen them where they do not feed worth a chit, even after having 700 rounds on them. Buy at your own risk.. They are nice and light, use the Ruger 10/22 rotary mags, and have very good triggers. But does the good outweigh the bad? Your call.. For the money, I'd look at a Tikka T1X.. They also have a threaded barrel, if that is a must have..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have read a good bit about them. They have their issues. I handled one at Sportsman's Warehouse and decided that it wasn't for me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have had a Ranger for a little over two years and it has become my favorite rifle. Like any rimfire, I had to find the ammo that worked best. This rifle likes CCi Mini Mag 36gr hollow points. So far, the rifle has not missed while hunting. I like the flush fitting Ruger mag and the stock fits me very well. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Ranger and it has feeding issues if you don't work the bolt hard and fast. Accuracy is decent to good, I mainly bought it because it takes Ruger magazines. Knowing what I know now I'd of bought a Bergara instead.

Life is good live it while you can.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I bought one of Christensen Rangers, when they first came out. I posted my initial impressions to another link, along with my experience with Christensen's customer service. Other reviews are posted here, as well:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/15107546

Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
The feeding on the Ranger isn't nearly as smooth as the TX-1, though, and the extraction/ejection requires a firm flick of the bolt to get the empties to clear the action on the Christensen. If you're lazy on working the bolt, the empty drops on top of the magazine and causes a jam. I hope this smooths out with some more use, because it's pretty annoying.

Update:

I sent my Ranger 22 back to Christensen to address the feeding & ejection issues. I filled out their online "repair request" form, and submitted all my information through their website. They got back to me in a day or two, with a return label and instructions for sending the rifle back to them. I made my initial contact with Christensen Arms on Aug 12th and my rifle was back in my hands on Sept 9th. That's about a 4-week turn-around, including the shipping on both ends.

I shot the rifle, yesterday, for the first time, since I got it back. It fed and ejected perfectly, no issues what-so-ever.

I am very happy with Christensen's customer service and their Ranger 22 rifle!

I've had a Tikka T1x, Christensen Ranger, and Bergara BMR for a few years now, and I shoot the Ranger more often than the other two. I don't like the stock on the Tikka, and I don't like the magazines with the Bergara. The Ranger is light and handy, with an has an excellent stock, trigger, and magazine. When I grab a rimfire, the Ranger is usually the one I take with me.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,547
Posts18,510,206
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.