Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Have put about 200 rounds past mine so far any not a single issue

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Will have to reserve a spot next to the dial phone for my Chrony

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tripod3

Yup. This appears to be a quantum leap, in convenience anyway. I’ve seen some struggle a bit with their Labradars, and one old fart insisted on putting his on a tripod in front of the bench, shutting the line down a couple of times while he futzed around getting it right. The Magneto Speed seems like the best budget option now. Mine was equally easy to use, just a bit more trouble to set up. Results were excellent.

Could’ve bought a gun or scope for what the Garmin cost, but I think it was a wise investment.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by pete53
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?

Take the free one you were talking about and let us know. But why would someone do that? What expensive electronic device would you leave in your car?

> no the unit is not free just discounted some , i drive a pickup always , as far as your negative post screw you arse hole . > i do see some loonies have posted some positive outside shooting/testing this Garmin unit nice to know . thank you much,Pete53 > " today at my place its 12 below so this Garmin unit if used outside today would be a test for this Garmin unit ?"

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the online Garmin Manual: Operating temperature range From -10º to 55ºC (from 14º to 131ºF)

Garmin Owners > Specifications

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup. This appears to be a quantum leap, in convenience anyway. I’ve seen some struggle a bit with their Labradars, and one old fart insisted on putting his on a tripod in front of the bench, shutting the line down a couple of times while he futzed around getting it right. The Magneto Speed seems like the best budget option now. Mine was equally easy to use, just a bit more trouble to set up. Results were excellent.

Could’ve bought a gun or scope for what the Garmin cost, but I think it was a wise investment.
That’s not the fault of the device, but user incompetence. The
LR is really not that difficult to set up or use. It’s certainly not perfect, especially from a software/firmware perspective, but it’s miles better than the other options (prior to the Garmin).

And BTW, quantum means tiny. wink

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?

Take the free one you were talking about and let us know. But why would someone do that? What expensive electronic device would you leave in your car?

> no the unit is not free just discounted some , i drive a pickup always , as far as your negative post screw you arse hole . > i do see some loonies have posted some positive outside shooting/testing this Garmin unit nice to know . thank you much,Pete53 > " today at my place its 12 below so this Garmin unit if used outside today would be a test for this Garmin unit ?"

Again. Walk the talk and buy this great deal and let us know how carelessly leaving it in your truck affects its performance. I’m not sure why anyone else would do that for you nor why you would expect it. Ridiculous.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

LR is really not that difficult to set up or use. It’s certainly not perfect, especially from a software/firmware perspective, but it’s miles better than the other options (prior to the Garmin).

I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It was miles ahead, but no longer. I’m waiting for someone to explain why or how it’s still better than the Garmin, other than ones out there are likely all paid for, a not inconsiderable thing.

noun
quan·​tum | \ ˈkwän-təm \
plural quan​ta \ ˈkwän-tə \
Definition (Entry 1 of 2)
1 a : QUANTITY, AMOUNT
b : PORTION, PART
c : gross quantity : BULK
2 a : any of the very small increments or parcels into which many forms of energy are subdivided
b : any of the small subdivisions of a quantized physical magnitude (such as magnetic moment)

adjective
Definition (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : LARGE, SIGNIFICANT
//a quantum improvement

The size of the Quantity or Amount isn’t specified…….

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/14/24.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
"I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today."

You could get a like new LR with all the bells and whistles for about 1/2 the cost of a Garmin. That's one reason. I sold my LR with everything that cost me over $800. I sold it for $400. I've seen some for $350.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Might buy a LR when they drop to 20 cents on the dollar. But will probably wait for 10-15 which is where most electronics are after 2-3 years. Offered a guy 25 bucks for a MS V3 for chits and giggles as I dont really want it, think I pissed him off that i thought so highly of it.

Swifty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
"I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today."

You could get a like new LR with all the bells and whistles for about 1/2 the cost of a Garmin. That's one reason. I sold my LR with everything that cost me over $800. I sold it for $400. I've seen some for $350.

Fella up the road has a Labradar, I shall stick with my Garmin.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One day at the range with the Garmin and my LabRadar found a new home. Don't miss it a bit.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

It was miles ahead, but no longer. I’m waiting for someone to explain why or how it’s still better than the Garmin, other than ones out there are likely all paid for, a not inconsiderable thing.
I agree.

noun
2 a : any of the very small increments or parcels into which many forms of energy are subdivided
b : any of the small subdivisions of a quantized physical magnitude (such as magnetic moment)

adjective
//a quantum improvement

The “quantity or amount” refers to the fact that quantities are discrete at the atomic and subatomic scale. Referring to “large, significant” is a common enough misuse of the word, that it is widely accepted as legitimate, these days.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
If/when my Labradar goes tango uniform I’ll probably go for the Garmin but I’ve had good service from the L/R.

I’ve read here of guys having problems setting up a L/R but I’ve never had any, never even uttered a cuss word during set up. The Garmin looks like a nice unit but I’m not selling my Labradar…it does whet I need it to do.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Tag

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by navlav8r
If/when my Labradar goes tango uniform I’ll probably go for the Garmin but I’ve had good service from the L/R.

I’ve read here of guys having problems setting up a L/R but I’ve never had any, never even uttered a cuss word during set up. The Garmin looks like a nice unit but I’m not selling my Labradar…it does whet I need it to do.
Same here. My F-18 pilot buddy bought two LR’s, sold me his second unused one for $250. No problems . He bought the Garmin and asked me if I needed a backup LR now.😂

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree.

noun

adjective
//a quantum improvement

The “quantity or amount” refers to the fact that quantities are discrete at the atomic and subatomic scale. Referring to “large, significant” is a common enough misuse of the word, that it is widely accepted as legitimate, these days.

I have no idea how long quantum has been used as an adjective, or misused as the case may be, but language isn’t static, and usage wins in the end. After all, the purpose of language is to communicate, not enshrine the past. I have my own small list of “cringe words” that are commonly abused, and don’t get me started on spelling, especially here where misspelling is almost a human right, and someone that uses a dictionary is a hater, or White Supremacist.

If I had a Labradar that worked for me, I wouldn’t replace it, but I’m glad I waited until the Garmin came out. My trips to the range involve toting too much crap as it is.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bought the Garmin sold my Labradar it's a no brainer not even close between the two

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I guess it's time now to sell my ballistic pendulum..... grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.