Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
i have never heard of a nips...well unless it was a word war 2 book..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The only good purpose I can see for them is as "tasters" for some new brand you want to try. Otherwise, they aren't big enough for even one good drink. When I want three fingers of something, I don't mean half an inch wide. Many of them work out to be about two bucks an ounce, besides.

BTW, in Utah they're called minis. At one time, that's all you could get in restaurants. The ruling church thought it'd be a way to cut down on drunk driving. Then they got even stricter and mandated dispensed booze, but you could only get one ounce at a time. No doubles and no second order until you'd finished the first one. Idiotic. The Tourism Board revolted and now you can get 1.5 ounces and minis are verboten. There are no sane people making booze rules in Utah.
In the late 60s up in Tremonton-Garland there was huge disapproval of alcohol. If I remember correctly liquor was only dispensed out of a state owned store. At our house we were looked upon disapprovingly because tea, coffee, and Coca Cola were imbibed at our house.

I really believe that it was a Mormon thing to keep the money flow from leaving the Mormon territory. Alcohol, tobacco, coffee, and such were not produced in Utah. Allowing gentiles access to Mormon money was something to be prevented.

Last edited by Hastings; 01/14/24.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Currently the Town is being sued for discrimination as Nips are all some can afford (interesting angle)

Opinions?[/quote]
Do some of those stores sell "Loosies"? ( loose cigarettes illegally sold one at a time to those who can't afford an entire pack). I was unfamiliar with Nips and had never heard of them. They sound like the alcohol version of loosies, which means that price wise you are getting screwed buying them. I don't know what the going price is on loosies, but a packs worth (20) of loosies would probably be close to what a carton of cigarettes would cost you. The store owners love the money they can get out of one pack of cigarettes by selling them one at a time. The clientele are generally various homeless bums, winos, drug addicts, etc. This Nips business sounds like the alcoholic version of loosies, and all this time I thought those little bottles were just for sampling a product, or to make a single mixed drink, or as a promotional sample.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
NIPS?

I think I'm turning Japanese.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did they also ban looseys?

From what I have seen they go hand in hand.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RAM
A town in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusettes just banned the sale if nips. (Mass. Sells thru Package Stores not State Liquor Stores)

The Town claims a "litter" problem. Of course many in this town don't have an issue with "green energy" waste, batteries and such. Or lottery tix, cigarette and soda waste.(mass. Is a bottle bill state)

I say, the Town can go screw, they licensed the business', and the State licensed the business' to sell whatever the State approves. Nips are approved.

Currently the Town is being sued for discrimination as Nips are all some can afford (interesting angle)

Opinions?

I thought that slavery was abolished…..and never even heard of any Japanese slaves in America, especially in Massachusetts! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't get out much huh?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some nips lived on Pacific islands for several years after the cessation of hostilities.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Pretty damn disappointed in this thread

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The little 100ml shooters have been outlawed in New Mexico for 2 yrs thanks to our wonderful MLG

IC B3

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22250rem

Opinions?
Do some of those stores sell "Loosies"? ( loose cigarettes illegally sold one at a time to those who can't afford an entire pack). I was unfamiliar with Nips and had never heard of them. They sound like the alcohol version of loosies, which means that price wise you are getting screwed buying them. I don't know what the going price is on loosies, but a packs worth (20) of loosies would probably be close to what a carton of cigarettes would cost you. The store owners love the money they can get out of one pack of cigarettes by selling them one at a time. The clientele are generally various homeless bums, winos, drug addicts, etc. This Nips business sounds like the alcoholic version of loosies, and all this time I thought those little bottles were just for sampling a product, or to make a single mixed drink, or as a promotional sample.[/quote]

The reason "loosies" are frowned upon by the State, is they don't get their cut. Taxes are levied on Nips.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s illegal to sell to women with their nipples exposed? Crazy law!

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just what we need. More government control dictating what we can and can't buy. This reminds me to pick some more plastic straws.

3825 24336
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 7887mm08, bja105, Bigd7378, Anaconda, 11 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,544
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.