Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.
another4 woman driver.

I'm usually running just under 80 on the interstate. If that's too slow for you, you can GFY and run 90 in the right lane.. and get in some grizzly ass wreck up ahead of me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
The comment above about NM highways is spot on. The left lanes are crap. Pick a multilane road in NM, all in disrepair. Federal tax dollars aren’t flowing down to interstate road funds.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Left lane is for passing unless you are an [bleep], so I imagine there's several campers here on the campfire.

There’s other reasons to be in the left lane if you are not passing

The highways here in NM are in such disrepair from Semi traffic that the right lanes are often full of Giant cracks, potholes, ruts with stretches of rough fuqked up asphalt

I often cruise in the left lane because the road is in better shape, always aware of faster drivers approaching

The right lane 40 from Santa Rosa to the TX line was horrible when I drove it this summer. I used the left lane, then moved over when vehicles approached from behind. We're sending hundreds of billions to the Ukes and our roads are worse than theirs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock63
The comment above about NM highways is spot on. The left lanes are crap. Pick a multilane road in NM, all in disrepair. Federal tax dollars aren’t flowing down to interstate road funds.

I40 in AZ east of Kingman is like that too. Least it was last year. Maybe it's been fixed.

GOA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dassa
Left lane is for passing unless you are an [bleep], so I imagine there's several campers here on the campfire.

The highways here in NM are in such disrepair from Semi traffic that the right lanes are often full of Giant cracks, potholes, ruts with stretches of rough fuqked up asphalt

I often cruise in the left lane because the road is in better shape, always aware of faster drivers approaching
That the secret, you are aware of other drivers. Most left lane campers either aren't aware, or are intentionally being dicks.

Oh, I see plenty drive in the left lane for that reason or some other and claim to be aware. Almost every single one of them makes someone slow down before they pull over though. Thankfully I don't drive too fast these days, but the roads are full of [bleep].

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Left lane for passing, not semi's to clog up the fuggin highway.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
You fellas ain’t seen schit wife of mines is a should have been nascar driver😵‍💫😉👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.
another4 woman driver.

Like I said, he can GFH.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I've learned you can't beat the left lane game either played by a few mario idiots or a couple smart truck drivers.
It comes down to self defense driving. I am not a slow driver by any standard.
The biggest amazement to me is how many wrecks happen and deaths between here and town, It's basically a straight road interstate with two lanes where we're all going the same direction.
One guy hit a tree and died which I count as skilled because trees are scarce for the last 100 miles he came from.
Now the No joke: Feds banning humorous electronic messages on highways across the country, with an 1100 page manual. )))

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that's too slow for you, you can GFY and run 90 in the right lane.. and get in some grizzly ass wreck up ahead of me.

Why don't you just move in the right lane ?

A wreck ahead of you could block / stop the whole highway, you included.
Why would you want that ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I ever get stopped, I hope it's by Frank.

I think he's a hoot!

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
If that's too slow for you, you can GFY and run 90 in the right lane.. and get in some grizzly ass wreck up ahead of me.

Why don't you just move in the right lane ?

A wreck ahead of you could block / stop the whole highway, you included.
Why would you want that ?
Looks like he’s simply a pekkerhead. I never saw it before, but this thread sure shined a light on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The right lane 40 from Santa Rosa to the TX line was horrible when I drove it this summer. I used the left lane, then moved over when vehicles approached from behind. We're sending hundreds of billions to the Ukes and our roads are worse than theirs.

When you cross the state line leaving NM in any direction, the highway suddenly looks well maintained and new

The commie crook democrat cabal that governs this state are just that; crooks

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jmdriver
I’ve seen more than a few left lane campers get dusted with dried salt in the rumble strips on the shoulder on I87. They move over quick. Hilarious

Dry salt, sand, gravel, fairly fresh chip-seal, sheet-water from rain/melt, powder snow, all get the message across.

When there is reduced visibility or slick conditions, I understand not using your cruise. If it’s dry, set your freakin’ cruise.

Last edited by horse1; 01/15/24.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I-80 between Omaha and Des Moines is my least favorite piece of Interstate Highway because it is rolling hills, you're either going up or your going down, and there are always a lot of trucks on the road. You'll get behind a group of several trucks and when one attempts to pass the ones ahead of him, he'll block the left lane for several miles if get behind him on the uphill side of a roll.

Your typical truck race.
I’ll mostly pass everything within reason try to stay separated no tailgating if I can’t pass within reasonable speed limits I’ll back off and let them go. When passing I get it over with and don’t fool around. Keep stopping distance in mind at all times. In certain places that can be challenging

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I-80 between Omaha and Des Moines is my least favorite piece of Interstate Highway because it is rolling hills, you're either going up or your going down, and there are always a lot of trucks on the road. You'll get behind a group of several trucks and when one attempts to pass the ones ahead of him, he'll block the left lane for several miles if get behind him on the uphill side of a roll.

Laffin…. You must be kidding. I’ve driven that stretch several times, and it doesn’t hold a candle to I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta. Not even close. That stretch can be absolute traffic misery.

I haven't driven between Atlanta and Charlotte since January 1986 when I finished my MBA internship with Burroughs Computer, back when they were the go to technology provider for the banking industry and were trying, unsuccessfully, to compete with IBM in the PC market.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
another4 woman driver.

I'm usually running just under 80 on the interstate. If that's too slow for you, you can GFY and run 90 in the right lane.. and get in some grizzly ass wreck up ahead of me.

Old fudds 60 and older should have to take a driving test every year. Drive like a flooraduh dufous, lose your license.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by okie

Your typical truck race.
I’ll mostly pass everything within reason try to stay separated no tailgating if I can’t pass within reasonable speed limits I’ll back off and let them go. When passing I get it over with and don’t fool around. Keep stopping distance in mind at all times. In certain places that can be challenging

Its 130 or so miles from Omaha to Des Moines and they can be frustrating miles if you want to go 75 and get caught behind a semi going 65 or less on the uphill side of one of those rolls.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by callnum
another4 woman driver.

Old fudds 60 and older should have to take a driving test every year. Drive like a flooraduh dufous, lose your license.

Laughin' 60 doesn't seem so old when you're looking back at it!

I do agree that older folks should be required to take a driving competency test every couple of years after age 70. I'm 68 and haven't had a car accident or a ticket for over 20 years.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Laffin…. You must be kidding. I’ve driven that stretch several times, and it doesn’t hold a candle to I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta. Not even close. That stretch can be absolute traffic misery.

I haven't driven between Atlanta and Charlotte since January 1986 when I finished my MBA internship with Burroughs Computer, back when they were the go to technology provider for the banking industry and were trying, unsuccessfully, to compete with IBM in the PC market.

You are a lucky man!

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (12344mag, akrange, 2500HD, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 8 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,687
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.