Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jar Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just caught a fedex driver unloading 4 good size boxes at the end of my neighbors drive , putting right up against the trash containers at the end of their drive. now understand their drive is about 1/4 mile long and you can not see the house from the road. I ask him if he had called them to let them know their stuff was setting out here on the road ( a gravel rd with no one within a mile ) he said no . it was not his responcibility so I called them and he was not happy about the pronouns I was using while I called the neighbor . by the time the neighbor got thru with the driver he was visibly beside himself. quite a beraiting to say the least .

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
How’d the SOB get all the way up there. He was in Burleson not long ago.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
found out that unless you formally request packages to be delivered to your door, they can just drop them at the driveway. yes, moronic I know...

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Does that driver need a new set of kneecaps now?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its what I've always said about fed ex. Not many good experiences. They leave AR uppers at the front door in a small town that I have them shipped to so they aren't out by our mailbox all day in the country. At least I get a note from Bear Creek that its been delivered and a picture. So I can call and alert Rosie.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cash would have fake shot the driver.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jar
I just caught a fedex driver unloading 4 good size boxes at the end of my neighbors drive...so I called them...by the time the neighbor got thru with the driver he was visibly beside himself.

How long did this scenario take to play out?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of my shippers send me a text message of it delivered and enough spatial scenery to figure out where it sitting.
The big thing for ME and this may not have basis for this situation BUT, Jack, I’m on my text messages ASAP and will notify a family member to go retrieve it. Usually me most of the time.
Delivered, took a pic, sent a pic, pooof!! 4 seconds!!
I can pride myself on NOT being an Old Poot that doesn’t reply to messages but once or twice a day. You might have my face face all stuck in a John Wayner, well f*k you old fart, fine, keep your Jitterbug in your glove box and safely in the off. Great job Ranger Bill, maybe some meth tweakers won’t gangke you chit.

New smoky mtn little black bears toilet paper holder thingy 🤡🤡

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a box at the UPS Store. Everything I have sent to me goes there. So I never have a problem.

I miss the days when they had to get a signature.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two days ago they delivered a package to my brother in California. $5000.00 REMAN cylinder head for a large wakashaw generator he rebuilding. Left it at his mail box out by the road. It was gone when he got home. His wife was home. He's only a 150 ft off the road.
Amazing fed x is steeping up.
He's still piseed it was sent next day air. So has to wait
Fed X sucks

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
All my schit is shipped to the hq no problems for fed up

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have my stuff delivered to the office.

It really upsets our anti 2nd Amendment receptionist to sign for packages from Midway with Hazmat tape all over it.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting thread. I'm from an extremely rural area in central Idaho. Being here for just under 120 years now we pretty much know everyone. Over the years we've worked hard to have relationships with "all" of the possible delivery folks here: USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and now Amazon. We give Christmas presents to all, and invite all to our annual ranch BBQ and Cookoff. When we bought our off season place down south in Alabama we did the same. We're just under a mile from the road there at 5,200 feet to the gate. Hell, we've given the gate code to our garbage men and they come another 900 feet and get the cans from the garage; we don't even put them out. At the gate we put a waterproof/weatherproof locker, and all the delivery service folks have the combination to open it, and give us a text or call with each delivery. Treating hard working folks with respect for doing a good job, at the cost of a few hundred bucks and a little respect/recognition for the generally thankless job they do, with the added benefit of making actual friends, with local knowledge of the area, is a no brainer....so I often wonder about the "brainer" of those folks that have chronic delivery problems...???

Last edited by Journeyman; 01/18/24.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did he wap him upside the head with a 1911?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just a couple weeks ago fedex left a package at the end of my driveway 200 ft from the house, first time in twenty years, got a package Tuesday through UPS the guy walked it to the house in the snow, I understand ups people get $40.00 an hour and the fedex contractor gets about $12.00 and it was dry for fedex.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FedEx is holding a hazmat package for me in Bessemer Alabama because of the weather. Been over a week. Since FedEx ground can't get out I hope somehow groceries are getting into Alabama.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bessemer AL is home of Milo’s Sweet Tea.

Woo weeee! Good stuff.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Most of my shippers send me a text message of it delivered and enough spatial scenery to figure out where it sitting.
The big thing for ME and this may not have basis for this situation BUT, Jack, I’m on my text messages ASAP and will notify a family member to go retrieve it. Usually me most of the time.
Delivered, took a pic, sent a pic, pooof!! 4 seconds!!
I can pride myself on NOT being an Old Poot that doesn’t reply to messages but once or twice a day. You might have my face face all stuck in a John Wayner, well f*k you old fart, fine, keep your Jitterbug in your glove box and safely in the off. Great job Ranger Bill, maybe some meth tweakers won’t gangke you chit.

New smoky mtn little black bears toilet paper holder thingy 🤡🤡
You have such love for so many.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 14 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.