Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
One has to ask, what in sams hadees did you do to shear off the entire erector?? Not everything can be built bombproof and absolute abuse proof.

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Whelenfan
One has to ask, what in sams hadees did you do to shear off the entire erector?? Not everything can be built bombproof and absolute abuse proof.

I know who you're addressing. However, I found "SDHNTR" comments to be very beneficial to me. In fact, I overlooked the weight where he brought that to my attention (12.5 ou.); too light and most likely flimsy. It is never the money but only trying to find the hidden aspects many manufacturers hide, then increasing their profit with "cheap" parts. None tell any "how many fully coated optics there are". Some could be two or three and some could be more. The internals are rarely spoken of, again only to hide those components that are somewhat weak or prone to malfunction. In this respect, many optic manufacturers offer a 'lifetime warranty' to offset any snooping. This is merely a ploy to entice the buyer. Following the aforementioned is how well the service will be upon returning any scope and what stipulations shall be attached. I've never had any issues with Leupold or Bushnell and they're not $700.00 or more. It seems that the higher end scopes are being sold by name recognition or that some believe that spending a larger amount will bring them a 'quality' scope.

This is business management whereas they're in business to reap the most profit they can by using inferior parts or outsourced parts at lower prices. This really is no surprise to any versed in business. Most manufacturers move to Germany to obtain their optics for they are renowned for their quality and technology. There may be a few in house providers of optics such as Swarvoski, yet they cheat one in using 'plastic internal' parts. I personally believe that even the higher end scope makers are lessening their standards of quality in place of trying to enhance their profit margin: common sense. In the interim, we continue to play the game.

Last edited by Synoptic; 01/12/24.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Whelenfan
It actually sheared off during shipping. Packed inside a plastic Plano rifle case. It’s also not the only instance I’m aware of. A lateral blow to the turret will break it off easily. The center post that the turret twists around is flimsy plastic. Not brass or metal like every other scope worth a darn.

Don’t be romanced by Swaros reputation and their pretty glass.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Damn.

I didn't know the half dozen Swaro scopes I have are a POS.

Guess I'll unload them for cheap to some unsuspecting soul and replace them with a scope I can hammer nails with...

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All of my rifles, 20 or so, wear mostly Swarovski 3-10x42's the others wear Burris 3-9X. Have sent one Swaro in for repair. I don't roll my ATV off of cliffs or shear parts off of them. But, they do get used, vigorously in some cases.

In their specific applications, both manufacturers work very well. No complaints with either.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The One That Went Of The Cliff was in torn into Two Pc. Lost a Polaris Four Wheeler and a Jarrett Built 284..The Scope Was Mounted in Leupold D.D.. Glass Was Still Intact..i Call About Replaceing The Tube With My Glass.. They Said Send It In We'll See. Long Story Short It Was Well Past Repair...But They Replaced it For $400. Which I Was Glad To Pay...I Hunt My Stuff But Do Try And Take Care Of It..Run What Works For You.. I've Tried Them All Over The Years. Still Have Few other Brands S&B And Meopta. But Swarovski Gets The Call 95% of The Time..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mull
The One That Went Of The Cliff was in torn into Two Pc. Lost………… a Jarrett Built 284.

Man, that’s a tough pill to swallow. Hurts me just hearing of it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,273
Posts18,505,012
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.