M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by johnw
Well
I decided on the O/U 28 in a 686 Super Pigeon. 30” barrels.
Possibly here by the weekend
Or early next week

Thanks again to all…

The dealer I ordered from texted me that he got tracking on the Beretta yesterday.
Looks like Tuesday is the start of me relearning to use a shotgun

I bought a case of clays and stopped by and looked at the old target thrower. Had to dig a bit to get it out, but it's in good shape.
And the club I shoot at does a Friday shoot year round. Hoping to find something to do there

Found 8 boxes of Win AA 9s yesterday and they came home with me. I really think I'll wind up loading for this shotgun...

686's are fine guns I'm a Citori Lightning fan myself. You will do okay. Before you use the thrower oil up the spring serious it will throw harder and be less likely to break, oil it. You can gain alot on your relearning curve just practicing your gun mount with an empty gun..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/27/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Probably good advice. The thrower sat in a corner of a machine shed covered up with old buckets, a few tires, and seed sacks. It looks Ok, but anything steel that sits for as long as it has isn't gonna be hurt by a little oil

Hoping to pick up the Beretta soon. For quite a few years now Illinois has done their own "NICS" check through the State Police. Hate to say much good about anything FED, but when they ran it I was never once delayed on a purchase.
Since the State Police began doing the checks, I've never NOT been delayed

Looking at Iowa and Wisconsin properties weekly

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks to all who lent an ear or advice...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yiu made a good choice.

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hope it works out for you!

I get confused with this game. Can't decide if I like O/U, SxS, pumps or autos. They all work for me very well. Don't matter if it's a 20, 16 or 12. What's a fella s'posed to do?

Kind of where I’m at. I only need one more. The next one. My problem is the next one always seems to be just one level higher than the last one.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good choice….let the game begin!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Do those berettas come with 3 tubes or 5 ?.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got 5 choke tubes

Mod and full came installed in the gun.
CL, IC, and IM in an accessory box with choke wrench, and etc

Edit; The full and IM chokes are marked "No Steel"

Last edited by johnw; 12/29/23.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Well, now that you have an O/U you will go out and do some shooting and have fun. You got a good one. It will always be in the back of your mind about a side by side. Eventually you will be almost right back here asking about them. "There's no vice like advice"......but the absolute best advice I can give you is go for it, but do yourself a favor and scare up a copy of the book written by Michael MacIntosh titled, "Shotguns and Shooting". He actually wrote three, "Shotguns and Shooting" was the first and many regard the best. "More Shotguns and Shooting" came next and gets more in depth and finally "Shotguns and Shooting Three". Even if he doesn't sell you on a SXS these are damn good books and a fantastic read. You cant put them down. He even has chapters on O/U's as well.
I have owned/shot them all and prefer a SXS. I will say two things, first, I don't feel or cannot tell any recoil difference in either the SXS or the O/U. Second, the old term coined by Browning, "single sighting plane" he used as a selling point for his Superposed O/U, while catchy and it sounds convincing, especially coming from him is a load of hog slop. I have yet to see a SXS with two ribs. I will admit that the lower barrel of an O/U, being more inline with your shoulder can feel like a little less recoil. But, if you shoot it enough at one time even that goes away. Best of luck with your new shotgun!!!!! M

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Any of the Big B brands* is a good choice I think, reliable, long-lasting, and if service is ever required it’ll be available as will parts. Congrats on your purchase!

A friend shoots a Beretta 28 and has issues with the trigger not switching to the second barrel at times. I suspect it’s because he’s rather slight, and shoots powder-puff reloads and that combination doesn’t produce enough recoil to make it work. One advantage of the trigger-button selectors as found on old SKBs is that quick thinkers can push it manually when they have a failure or load the wrong barrel etc. My 725 is mechanical, but as yet I’m not sufficiently “trained” to just pull it again when I futz up my loading on singles.

Enjoy your new toy.

*Browning, Beretta, Benelli

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by battue
Good choice….let the game begin!!!!

The best at its price point in a new O/U IMHO.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.