Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Elon Musk was interviewed and made this comment.

‘You could make a swarm of assassin drones for very little money. By just taking the face I.D. chip that’s used in cell phones, and having a small explosive charge and a standard drone, and just have it do a grid sweep of the building until they find the person they’re looking for, ram into them and explode. You could do that right now... No new technology is needed.’

At what point does the defense of our lives over ride flying a drone close to us?

Any stranger on the street could have on a suicide vest. Every car could have a bomb in the trunk.

Last edited by drop_point; 01/21/24.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Valsdad
interesting again,

but I have to wonder, do the drone videos posted here, linked from youtube, constitute "recreational" use or do they fall under Part 107?
https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators

I'm not sure if YouTube videos constitute as a business unless the channel is incorporated and paying him a salary. Could be a gray area.

regardless of the commercial implications, monetization of their videos and such, if you watched the videos did you see anything that a reasonable person might think rose to the level of " harassment of individuals or groups" or perhaps "reckless endangerment;"

Even without specific local laws in place regarding those activities by drones, one might think already established civil codes (State and local) would cover some of the activity I saw on just the first video. I had/have no interest in watching the others, especially if views put $$$ in the pockets of the operators.

No idea. I haven’t read all state and local laws. Intentionally harassing somebody makes one an [bleep], legal or not.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
Some drone operators whose craft have been shot down or otherwise attacked have sued for damages.
I imagine it would be tough for the drone owner to find a sympathetic jury.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Some people just ain't ready for freedom.

The freedom to shoot down aircraft in FAA-regulated airspace?
You know full well the framers of that legislation did not have in mind unmanned drones flying low over private property.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Easy ta pick out the liberals on here, that think the chinese spy balloon was perfectly within its rights ta fly over the US.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You know full well the framers of that legislation did not have in mind unmanned drones flying low over private property.

Go read it. It names specifically what drones can and can’t do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Easy ta pick out the liberals on here, that think the chinese spy balloon was perfectly within its rights ta fly over the US.

Not even close. But if I see your truck has tint that’s too dark, or has too much lift, I guess you’d be cool if somebody shot it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Not even close. But if I see your truck has tint that’s too dark, or has too much lift, I guess you’d be cool if somebody shot it.

Can't have it both ways, liberal.

And you wouldn't shoot a scumbag rapin your "wife", cause that'd be dischargin a firearm within city limits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Can't have it both ways, liberal.

And you wouldn't shoot a scumbag rapin your "wife", cause that'd be dischargin a firearm within city limits.

I didn’t say anything about discharging a firearm in city limits.

But if you think a front flying over is the same as rape…you Kansas City liberals are weird. Or maybe you got butt-raped by a drone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some drone operators whose craft have been shot down or otherwise attacked have sued for damages.

I would agree, I don't think a jury would have a problem with you blasting a drone with birdshot that was hovering outside your window.

unless it was owned by the police..........

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They have specific provisions for flying unmanned drones, limiting them to uncontrolled airspace below 400 feet. 14 CFR 107 is an entire section of FAA regs (not legislation, regs) dedicated to small unmanned aircraft. If the FAA wanted to set a minimum altitude over private property they could.

Regardless of the fantasies posted so far, the remedy available for trespass or privacy violations is to file a complaint. Not to shoot at aircraft. This is in part because all drone laws have provisions that allow the government itself to drone you, and the government is not going to let the crimes of its citizens come into conflict with their own.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Most of us here, I would imagine, can handle a firearm well enough to take shots close to someone without putting the person in actual danger of being hit by a bullet. Does that mean it's okay to do so? Who would be okay with their neighbors firing rounds several feet over your kids in the backyard?

People who get a big kick out of spying on other people have got something wrong with their minds.

People who think that it's okay to intimidate or annoy other people for their own entertainment or the entertainment of others have got something wrong with their minds.

People who think they are so righteous as to be able to sit in judgement of others, especially those less fortunate, say a lot more about themselves than they do about those whom they judge.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I would agree, I don't think a jury would have a problem with you blasting a drone with birdshot that was hovering outside your window.

unless it was owned by the police..........

Sometimes jury nullification works. The facts will be on video. You would have a hard time convincing them you didn’t do it at criminal trial.

Probably best not to risk prison. All you’re hurting them is the cost of a Chinese pos drone. Call the FAA and make their life hell.

Last edited by drop_point; 01/21/24.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Liberals bein liberals.

Run like a pussy ta somebody else ta handle their problems.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight

They have specific provisions for flying unmanned drones, limiting them to uncontrolled airspace below 400 feet. 14 CFR 107 is an entire section of FAA regs (not legislation, regs) dedicated to small unmanned aircraft. If the FAA wanted to set a minimum altitude over private property they could.

Regardless of the fantasies posted so far, the remedy available for trespass or privacy violations is to file a complaint. Not to shoot at aircraft. This is in part because all drone laws have provisions that allow the government itself to drone you, and the government is not going to let the crimes of its citizens come into conflict with their own.

Finally a rational post.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Liberals bein liberals.

So you liked it when the drone gave it to you in the ass.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I can see that a drone would be good to patrol your property for trespassers . I would use one while ice fishing to check out the lake .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sometimes jury nullification works. The facts will be on video. You would have a hard time convincing them you didn’t do it at criminal trial.

Probably best not to risk prison. All you’re hurting them is the cost of a Chinese pos drone. Call the FAA and lake their life hell.
Pay attention. We were discussing a civil case for damages.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Liberals bein liberals.

So you liked it when the drone gave it to you in the ass.

Yup.

Liberal.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Elon Musk was interviewed and made this comment.

‘You could make a swarm of assassin drones for very little money. By just taking the face I.D. chip that’s used in cell phones, and having a small explosive charge and a standard drone, and just have it do a grid sweep of the building until they find the person they’re looking for, ram into them and explode. You could do that right now... No new technology is needed.’

At what point does the defense of our lives over ride flying a drone close to us?

Any stranger on the street could have on a suicide vest. Every car could have a bomb in the trunk.
I can avoid a stranger on the street and stay away from traffic. I don't have that option with a drone.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.