Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by SupFoo
You didn't say how old the hardware actually is...?
About fifteen years old, but functions flawlessly.

So, you bought a first gen Apple TV in 2008 and were happy with it. When you bought it, Prime had been launched for 2 years, but Apple didn't support Amazon. Apple worked their asses off for their clients, and FINALLY, in 2017, reached an agreement with Amazon (to Amazon's favor) to support Amazon on your archaic device. For six years you've benefited from that, (which again was a bonus Apple negotiated for their legacy devices and cost you nothing!), yet now you're angry and indignant and blaming Apple for no longer being able to provide you for free something you never purchased... because Amazon has changed their device parameters...just fv(king WOW...

Hey, SONY...damnit, I just hooked up my Betamax and it doesn't play on my TV... sweet laird jumpin jaysus...

Crap, I can't get media for my laser disc player! I'm gonna' sue....somebody?

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

So, you bought a first gen Apple TV in 2008 and were happy with it. When you bought it, Prime had been launched for 2 years, but Apple didn't support Amazon. Apple worked their asses off for their clients, and FINALLY, in 2017, reached an agreement with Amazon (to Amazon's favor) to support Amazon on your archaic device. For six years you've benefited from that, (which again was a bonus Apple negotiated for their legacy devices and cost you nothing!), yet now you're angry and indignant and blaming Apple for no longer being able to provide you for free something you never purchased... because Amazon has changed their device parameters...just fv(king WOW...

Hey, SONY...damnit, I just hooked up my Betamax and it doesn't play on my TV... sweet laird jumpin jaysus...

Brother Hawkeye is from New York

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Damnit! The five and dime has a whole bucket of VHS, and my TV won't hook up to my VHS player... I'm gonna' sue...somebody?

Last edited by Journeyman; 01/21/24.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a new TV you cheap bastages.
Seriously. A $300 TV will have 10X better display than a 15 year old TV.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
My tv is 15 yrs old

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Damnit! The five and dime has a whole bucket of VHS, and my TV won't hook up to my VHS player... I'm gonna' sue...somebody?

Gosh darn it...I used to play Leisure Suit Larry on 5-1/4" floppy on my first computer...IT WON'T Play...I'm gonna sue...somebody?

Last edited by Journeyman; 01/21/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Gosh darn it...I used to play Leisure Suit Larry on 5-1/4" floppy on my first computer...IT WON'T Play...I'm gonna sue...somebody?

Dad blame it...My father in law left me 80 hours of music on reel-to-reel, and his Teac reel-to-reel player. I can't hook it up to my new stereo???

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
JFC it ain’t that complicated

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Brother Hawkeye,

Buy a new one. You’ll get a shipping update that it’s on your front step. Calm the fugk down and wait 24 hours.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Oh yeah?

What about the dead sea scrolls on papyrus that won't play on my Kindle?

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
wtf is a kindle😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Right, not complicated. But complex. TRH doesnt have tv viewing pleasure issue. TRH explained how he hates capitalism. 😥

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Planned Obsolescence...........it's a strategy

Yep, Three score and ten!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wtf is a kindle😂

Obviously, it's a text reading device sold by Amazon that at some point in the future Apple can make obsolete and shove up your azz...

Haven't you been paying attention??? wink

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
If I’m gonna watch tv I’ll turn on the roku
If I wanna listen to music I gotta sound bar
If I wanna read a book I don’t need a fqun kindle
For god sakes

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For god sakes

So, the last 3 years I worked, 2 were in Norway and one was in Qatar...Just where would you propose to get a book in English there, genius? With a Kindle you just download one. Sooo many of you need to look beyond your tiny little worlds...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sooo many of you need to look beyond your tiny little worlds...

That's a CF feature, not a flaw.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Apparently not. You have mentioned two services which it can no longer decipher.
I think that's BS. If it functions today, why would it stop functioning in mid February? They are just dropping it.

Who is dropping what? That is the question.

A few years ago, my lovely 25 inch Zenith TV quit working, until I bought a digital to analog converter. Should I be cussing Zenith?

A few years later, my Galaxy S4 quit working. I had to upgrade to a 4G device. Is that Samsung's fault?

Your Apple device is no longer supported by Amazon. Is that Apple's fault? Or a product of Amazon's evolving technology?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
For god sakes

So, the last 3 years I worked, 2 were in Norway and one was in Qatar...Just where would you propose to get a book in English there, genius? With a Kindle you just download one. Sooo many of you need to look beyond your tiny little worlds...
Good point👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For god sakes

Good point👍

Whoa - most civil reply I've seen on here. Makes me feel about 2 feet tall. Sorry for the snarkiness...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,683
Posts18,475,018
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.